Dwi and Citizenship

JCC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I'm applying for citizenship in few months.The only problem that's holding me
is i've had Dwi (twice) 10 & 15 yrs ago.Am i still eligible ? or do i have to wait for certain period of time. pls. advice.....thanks

The last 5 years before applying is the most crucial as it reflects Good Moral Character. 1 DWI is hard to explain, 2 is gona be tough for you! Your only recourse is that it happened a long time ago.

The burden of proof is on you - to prove you are reformed. How is your record in the last 5 years ? Did you enroll in any classes to get rid of the habit and did you successfully complete such ? Were you convited and sentenced or were you just ticketed ?

I think a few hundered dollars you pay a lawyer to prepare your N400 and/or accompany you to the interview will be money well spent

my record in the last 5 yrs is clean...no ticket or anything like that..and yes i followed the court orders...went to class and did community service...no probation or supervision......i just had my license suspended for 2 yrs...no other
penalty...besides fines....i wasn't charge w/ misdeamenor or felony...only a motor vehicle violation....no points in my license either....

am i have going to have a problem of getting my citizenship? pls. respond...thnx