• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2016!?

Hi forum,I also got a friend who has over stayed in a different country like here in Europe and is having a 10year ban in that country but planing to go for an interview in his home country back in Africa . will he be affected as per the ban in his previews country? Please need advice. Thanks

I guess that will depend on what shows up on his police report for that country. If any of the immigration related issues show up on the report I imagine that might be an issue... I guess your friend should enter the lottery first to see if he wins....

I guess that will depend on what shows up on his police report for that country. If any of the immigration related issues show up on the report I imagine that might be an issue... I guess your friend should enter the lottery first to see if he wins....

Yeah that's a good point.
In general I believe that the US only cares about overstays in the US itself - unlike say the UK where they care about it anywhere (judging from the questions they ask on the visa forms).
But as simon says if it is enough to be on the police report it could be a problem.

Hi all, i'm planning to apply for DV 2016, but i have a problem with my vision, i was color blindness. Is it will be an obstacle in the future if i win the DV, please advise

Yeah that's a good point.
In general I believe that the US only cares about overstays in the US itself - unlike say the UK where they care about it anywhere (judging from the questions they ask on the visa forms).
But as simon says if it is enough to be on the police report it could be a problem.
Thanks boss simon and susie

@Britsimon - just a small clarification - what should my wife select for Highest Level of education out of the options - she has 12 years of elementary education + 3 Yrs University (Bachelors Degree) + 2 yrs Post Graduate Diploma (not a masters degree) - I guess she should select (6) University Degree ??

For me its simple (8) Masters Degree.

Thanks

@Britsimon - just a small clarification - what should my wife select for Highest Level of education out of the options - she has 12 years of elementary education + 3 Yrs University (Bachelors Degree) + 2 yrs Post Graduate Diploma (not a masters degree) - I guess she should select (6) University Degree ??

For me its simple (8) Masters Degree.

Thanks

You had me at 12 years of elementary education - everything higher than that is just statistical analysis - so feel free to put 6.

Dear all, I was a dv2014 winner but my case number has been cut off however, I will try for DV2016. Anyone know when DV2016 start?

Hi everyone, I have kind of a problem. I heard that we can apply for the DV-2016 but when I'm going on the website that's all I can see (the image below). It was like this before Octbore 1st.
I can't find a link to the application. Can someone help me please ? :)
I specify that I'm French so I was thinking that maybe it's because I'm in France that the website doesn't work, I don't know.

upload_2014-10-2_21-30-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-2_21-28-28.png
    upload_2014-10-2_21-28-28.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone, I have kind of a problem. I heard that we can apply for the DV-2016 but when I'm going on the website that's all I can see (the image below). It was like this before Octbore 1st.
I can't find a link to the application. Can someone help me please ? :)
I specify that I'm French so I was thinking that maybe it's because I'm in France that the website doesn't work, I don't know.

View attachment 205

For others, sometimes you just need to refresh the page.

As stated on the U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs facebook page "As of yesterday, 1.975 million people had applied for the 2016 Diversity Visa Program".
https://www.facebook.com/travelgov

I was surprised at this number as I've previously read around 14 million apply, but I suppose there's still plenty of time for people to enter.

I seem to recall applicants are around 9m, the 14m is including derivatives? And that historically a lot more people apply in the second half of the period vs the first half.

Corect - although Nigeria being out will know those numbers down to 8 and 12 (amazingly!)

But given the nigerian fraud numbers, real/valid entries may be higher... ? (Note to certain people, this is not me just being disparaging about about Nigeria, it is based on the data for fraudulent entries from there.)