• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2014 results and DV2015 mentioned

Britsimon

Super Moderator
Along with the cutoffs in the September VB there is some interesting info in section F at the end.

Highlights:-

140,000 selectees!!!!!!!!!!!! Even more than the letters announced!
DV2015 is mentioned - so that is clear confirmation it is on.
Results per country that no doubt Raevsky is entering into his big number cruncher right now...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html

Yes, ofcourse DV-2015 will happen. In the same place it also says, "Dates for the DV-2015 program registration period will be widely publicized in
the coming months. Those interested in entering the DV-2015 program should
check the Department of State’s Visa web page for more details in September."

So what does it mean cutoff for asia 1800?? This means numbers are going even slower than last year... So is Ravaesky theory right??

Cutoff for Europe is a LOT higher than last year though - 8000 vs 5700. Africa and Asia are slightly behind last year, 500 and 100 respectively.

Also the numbers can and usually do speed up dramatically over the course of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
But EU is still lower than previous years (before DV2013). I don't know why but last year EU was slow at first, then moved really fast.

Cutoff for Europe is a LOT higher than last year though - 8000 vs 5700. Africa and Asia are slightly behind last year, 500 and 1000 respectively.

Along with the cutoffs in the September VB there is some interesting info in section F at the end.

Highlights:-

140,000 selectees!!!!!!!!!!!! Even more than the letters announced!
DV2015 is mentioned - so that is clear confirmation it is on.
Results per country that no doubt Raevsky is entering into his big number cruncher right now...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html

With 140000 selectees - given how many regions only became current in Sept this year - there has to be a real risk that DV2014 numbers will be exhausted before everyone gets a chance to interview.

But EU is still lower than previous years (before DV2013). I don't know why but last year EU was slow at first, then moved really fast.

If I recall correctly Africa was also slow last year vs previous years though. I get the impression that they start conservatively and then speed up. But 140k.... It's a lot of numbers... Those guys with high numbers are certainly going to have a lot of anxious moments over the next year, I feel for you guys.

So what does it mean cutoff for asia 1800?? This means numbers are going even slower than last year... So is Ravaesky theory right??

The number for Asia is 100 different. Africa is slightly lower also, but the numbers for Europe are MUCH higher this year and Oceana and South America are slightly higher.

Overall I don't think we can tell too much from this one VB and it will be some time before we can be more informed about Raevskys theory.

Questions for all previous and current winners

I've got a question for you all: when your number comes up for the interview and they send you the letter:
1) Do they tell you the exact date for your interview or do you have to arrange for a date yourself?
2) If they do give you an exact date for the interview, how much time do you have from when they notify you?

Thank you for answering these questions.

I've got a question for you all: when your number comes up for the interview and they send you the letter:
1) Do they tell you the exact date for your interview or do you have to arrange for a date yourself?
2) If they do give you an exact date for the interview, how much time do you have from when they notify you?

Thank you for answering these questions.
They send an email inviting you to check the status check website for your appointment letter.
The appointment date and time is set and in the letter.
The 2NL email comes roughly 4 to 6 weeks before the appointment.

Yes, ofcourse DV-2015 will happen. In the same place it also says, "Dates for the DV-2015 program registration period will be widely publicized in
the coming months. Those interested in entering the DV-2015 program should
check the Department of State’s Visa web page for more details in September."

Hi Sir,
I was wondering: When they sent you the letter for the interview, 1) do they just assign you a specific date for the interview or do you have to call the consulate to arrange a date; 2) If they do assign you a date, how much time do they give from the time they notify you of the interview to the actual interview date? 3) Finally, did they notify by email as well as by regular mail of the interview?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions

Hi there, so it seems that the numbers to 8000 in Europe have become current, our number is in the 5k's does that mean that we should expect an email soon to confirm an interview date, as long as they have received all the correct paperwork?

If so, does anyone know when we would expect an email?, time to get the paperwork together me thinks........

They send an email inviting you to check the status check website for your appointment letter.

thanks a lot, you've answered all my questions.

Hi Sir,
I was wondering: When they sent you the letter for the interview, 1) do they just assign you a specific date for the interview or do you have to call the consulate to arrange a date; 2) If they do assign you a date, how much time do they give from the time they notify you of the interview to the actual interview date? 3) Finally, did they notify by email as well as by regular mail of the interview?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions

No regular mail, only email to tell you to check the website. You print it out.

Hi there, so it seems that the numbers to 8000 in Europe have become current, our number is in the 5k's does that mean that we should expect an email soon to confirm an interview date, as long as they have received all the correct paperwork?

If so, does anyone know when we would expect an email?, time to get the paperwork together me thinks........

Your email will probably come in the next day or two but you can check the website in the meanwhile too.

Our letter came 7 weeks before. I think all mails are sent at the same time so exact advance notice depends on date of visa bulletin vs date of interview.

To answer the first part of your question: Visa cutoff 1800 simply means that only those winners whose numbers are below 1800 will be called for an interview in October.

I thought my number was in the 4ks (EU40...) and so thought I'd receive an email with the second notification letter pretty quickly, but when I called the KCC I was told that it's actually in the 40ks, and so probably won't be current until next year. Just an FYI in case you made the same mistake, although I'm sure you didn't!

Last edited by a moderator: