• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2014 children pictures problem.please help!!

us_dream

Registered Users (C)
Dear all freinds here

i wish everybody good luck in the next draw dv2014 .i have a problem and i need ur instant help because im confused and want to apply these days ,the submission time is nearing the end.

my problem is im divorced and my two children are living away from me, i dont have them near me to take them to process their pictures . i want to ask you guys especially the ones who are experienced about these matters , wha should i do ? my ex wife isnot helpful with me if she knows im applying for usa dv she wont help me get there pcitures and the kids are away from me, tell me what will happen if i dont submit my kids' pics and later i win the dv ,would there be a probelm for me to process my dv visa? can i submit them when i get my first NL ? if win the dv while i havent submitted my kids pics ,would the embassy disqualify me at the interview? would the KCC discover that i used to apply last years with my kids pics and this year as single divorced ?
please help me im very confused ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all freinds here

i wish everybody good luck in the next draw dv2014 .i have a problem and i need ur instant help because im confused and want to apply these days ,the submission time is nearing the end.

my problem is im divorced and my two children are living away from me, i dont have them near me to take them to process their pictures . i want to ask you guys especially the ones who are experienced about these matters , wha should i do ? my ex wife isnot helpful with me if she knows im applying for usa dv she wont help me get there pcitures and the kids are away from me, tell me what will happen if i dont submit my kids' pics and later i win the dv ,would there be a probelm for me to process my dv visa? can i submit them when i get my first NL ? if win the dv while i havent submitted my kids pics ,would the embassy disqualify me at the interview? would the KCC discover that i used to apply last years with my kids pics and this year as single divorced ?
please help me im very confused ?

You must meet all the requirements. It’s part of the rules for the application process. As it is impossible to submit an application including children without a photograph, I presume you want to submit an application purposefully failing to disclose their existence. If you fill out the DV-Lottery application by purposely failing to disclose the existence of your children, and you win, you will be disqualified as your application was purposely incomplete to misrepresent. I warn you that wilfully misrepresenting facts or lying on your application forms and/or during any visa interview you may have, is automatic grounds for immigrant visa refusal. Misrepresentation incurs a lifetime ban penalty. It will be especially obvious as you have already submitted numerous applications previously. Having an uncooperative or vindictive ex-wife doesn't excuse anything, I'm afraid. It is not a valid reason for failing to comply with the rules.

They do not have to be professionally taken photographs, just face and shoulders against a neutral light background as per the rules; can you not even get access to your children even for a short moment to take photographs?

If your ex-wife is going to be constantly uncooperative, what I suggest is to re-scan and resubmit last year’s pictures at the very worst. Whatever you do, do not leave the application blank and pretend you do not have children, or fail to otherwise properly complete the form. If you win you can send updated photographs when you have the chance in the DS/P forms to the KCC.

Good luck.

@slash-dot has said it all, used the old pictures of ur kids, is ur best chance than leaving it blank,

Is it any color required for the background of the photo? It must be white? My country can use light blue for the background of the picture when applying passport. Can I use my country passport picture for my kid application? There are some many troublesome taking picture for kid.

Is it any color required for the background of the photo? It must be white? My country can use light blue for the background of the picture when applying passport. Can I use my country passport picture for my kid application? There are some many troublesome taking picture for kid.

Hard to say about the background. Their instructions for the photo can be a bit confusing, even contradictory. On the main page they say to use a "neutral, light-coloured background". So, I would think that a light blue would be viewed as "light-coloured". But if you go to their Photo Requirements webpage, they get more specific and say: "You must use a white or off-white background in your photo. Use a plain wall or a photographer’s backdrop cloth."

Yet if I look at their examples on that page ( http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html ), the backgrounds all look light blue to me :confused:

To be safe, I'd make sure the background is "white or off-white".

Good luck!

thank u guys for taking time to answer me ,ur replies are very important to me. i do really appreciate