• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2011 photos

iawia

1) is this a must to have just plain white background?
2) if photo validator says my photo is valid, can i proceed without the risk of my photo being disqualified?

i have prepared two photos which are valid according to photo validator, but they don't have white background. do you think i might have some problems with them?

It says to have a "plain light-coloured background". Not white. If you look at the example on the website, they don't want busy backgrounds, like Venetian blinds.

But don't trust the Photo Validator to check all that. It only seems to check the size. I tested it out. I tried a photo that was 700x700 and it came back and said my photo was invalid. I tried 600x601, again it said my photo was invalid and that it had to be 600x600.

Finally, when I cropped it perfectly to 600x600, it said my photo was valid. But ....

... my photo was of my dog in front of a very busy, leafy background and he was not facing forward and his head took up a lot of the frame. And the photo was taken 3 years ago.

So read the instructions carefully, especially about the pixels from the centre of the eyeball to the bottom of the frame, and from the chin to the top of the head. Don't trust the Photo Validator. It seems to be just some simple little size-checking applet.

thank you for your help!

well, the backgrounds on their examples (especially some of them) look white to me, I don't see the difference here between white and light-colored.

Just wanted to check with you guys if the photo validator works for you all the time. I have bee ntrying for xlose to a week now but i can't get the the photo to load. I am using firefox. should i change some settings on my browser?
thank you for the help
p.s> i am in the US??

Dont trust the photo valdator just make sure you go strictly by your instructions on the website...YOUR BACKGROUND MUST BE PLAINWHITE.....HEADE MUST NOT BE TILTED....NO SHADOW REPLECTION....RECENT WITHIN 6 MONTHS....CONTRAST MUST NOT BE TOO HIGH....IMAGE MUST CONTAIN FULL FACE,EARS,SHOULDER....IMAGE MUST NOT CONTAIN ANY PARTS BEYOUND THE SHOULDER.....IMAGE MUST BE IN JPEG FORMAT....FROM HAIR TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CHIN MUST BE 50% TO 69% OF THE IMAGES TOTAL HEIGHT....ADHERE STRICTLY TO THE LOTTERY INSTRUCTION ON PICTURE THEN YOU WILL FIIND YOUR SELF WINNING...

Guys should check the above website for sample pictures. Although not from the official government website but they offer valuable insight about the photo requirements.

Sorry, but the pics are the same as from the official site.

Roman