• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 is out!!!

So we're almost two weeks further, and still barely a handful of letters received, all from Africa. US postal service can't really pride itself on fast delivery, but this is quite a suspicious gap. I'm not buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello House

I am a Nigerian ,base in Lagos.I am a regular visitor to this great forum.I am one of those that is waiting for God highest miracle in my life this year to win DV lottery.But I haven’t received anything yet.Despite that I still want to tell the entire house that the 2010DV result is out and I have seen it with my two naked eyes here in Nigeria at the Ikeja post office at winners consult,the agent that helped me to pray the lottery.I held the NLs as if they are mine.OMG,go there the two winners are pasted on the notice board.I saw two married people that won with there case numbers 2xxx and 3xx respectively.More have been distributed throughout the counrty.It was sent from KCC dated 20th March and it arrive at the post office on April 9th.Becaue of the Easter break that,most of them will be receiving it now.I was at the post office today again,I was also told that more winners NLs just came in .

I pray that those that needed it most should win.
Thanks
Jahbless

Hi Jahbless, I just wanted to say that I think your Login name is really clever - could be taken as "jobless" or as "Jah/God Bless"
Good idea!

So we're almost two weeks further, and still barely a handful of letters received, all from Africa. US postal service can't really pride itself on fast delivery, but this is quite a suspicious gap. I'm not buying it.

I think KCC might have delayed sending out letter until about now. First April 1 was the first day H1 applicants can apply. Then there was the April 15 tax filing deadline in the US. Now that both dates have passed, I think we should start seeing some letters. My .02

I think KCC might have delayed sending out letter until about now. First April 1 was the first day H1 applicants can apply. Then there was the April 15 tax filing deadline in the US. Now that both dates have passed, I think we should start seeing some letters. My .02

Why would that be? H1s are filed at either California or Vermont and the KCC has nothing to do with taxes.

Here is a link that was posted in another thread, open it and go to page 3 or 4. There is a picture of the envelope.

Why would that be? H1s are filed at either California or Vermont and the KCC has nothing to do with taxes.

Why? Because both those activities will increase the load on USPS. April is a busy month in America, so it's just my guess that KCC might try to avoid the rush. It's just a guess, by the way, don't over-analyze it.

I think AF14*** is a good number it is not too high, very good even if you are from Nigeria, Egypt. Check the past bulletin.

my boyfriend also won DV 2010. I applied for him and i am very excited for him. I just found this website online.

I have few questions, though...his case number is AF14*** which i think might be high i dont know

He lives in the US already on F-1. He is not out of status or anything and have never been so he qualifies for AOS. His student visa would be expiring August 2009. My question is what is the best way to go about it...AOS or CP.

The process seems really messy honestly. If you apply for AOS here but then it looks like his case number would be up close or right before September 2010, can he then change his application to CP and then try to get an interview before the deadline in his home country.

Anybody gone through this process recently successfully or not...wots ur advice
Thanks in advance for your response

Have him apply for OPT, this way he can keep his status for another year.

thanks, ill let him know. So even if his visa expires in August 2009, he should go ahead and apply for OPT while waiting for an Interview? He gets done with his masters in May 2010 but already has a job offer. He still has a year to go but it would be great to have all information needed before diving in.

congrats to all the other 2010 dv winners, to those waiting dont loose hope.

Thanks again, ProudT and kwene

If he is in school, then he only needs to get a new I-20. He does not need a new visa as long as he is a student and he does not leave US. He can apply for OPT in 2010. He should check with his school to see what the processing times are for OPT application.