• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv2010 Bangladeshi here

Got my visa today :) I would like to specially thank Metroloy, Suhrid.suhrid, Sik, Warm_Pallab, i2009, Sync and all other friends in this forum for their help and support. THANK YOU ALL. May Allah be with you always. )

Re

Hi suhrid, I emailed to KCC and they replied: "Your forms have been received and are waiting to be processed. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner." All I can do now is just pray and wait.

It takes minimum 8 to 12 weeks to process your file by KCC as they have to do things like FBI background check. I see lot of people are talking about visa being current with ref number etc. If you have sent your documents in Dec you should contact KCC now as they must have sent you the 2NL by now...I guess your interview date is already fixed for April..good luck

If you are using your own funds, then you need about $15,000 or its equivalent. If you cannot meet this amount then you need the form I-134.

On the other hand, the consular assesses each indidivual case differently. You could still go with the £7,500 and be successful/ or no question being raised about your funding. It all depends on the possibility of you getting employed early.

Dear Ammeck,

Thanks for your input. You have one wrong information out there. There is no amount requirement like $15000.00. Whoever told you this is wrong. Normally to qualify for US Immigrant Visa each person should meet the threshold of "Poverty Level" amount. You can simply go to US Immigration website USCIS dot gov and search "Poverty Guidelines". You will find the current amount. or you provide 'Affidavit of Support" from US Citizen/Resident i think its something like I-136 Affidavit form

However, saying all that there is different criteria for Immigrant Visa under DV category. As long as the consular officer is satisfied that you would be a burden for US Government a consular office can issue you with a US Immigrant Visa. Now lets say you have $3000.00 in your bank account and you are a doctor by profession. You are likely to get the visa because you are likely to get jobs in the US after your arrival. I know in some country US embassy do not require any bank statement at all!! They are happy with copy of your CV.

However, to give you a clear idea, for a single person if you have over US$5500.00 i think you meet the current Poverty Guidelines by the USCIS.

Hope this help. Be Honest and clear with them. Dont just deposit so much money into your account as this would confuse them.

Best of luck!

it have been more than one month i had my visa interview. i am waiting for their call since then. can anyone enlighten me, how many days does it take to get response from them. is this more than one month delay in my case, is it normal ?

Dude

Take it easy. Your case is under "Administrative Processing" and this is very normal for IV application from Bangladesh. It could take between one to 6 months. As per the DOS website the average processing time in Bangladesh from 3 to 6 months. Don't worry too much as you have all the time until September. Since you have been interviewed a visa number has been already allocated to you by national centre. As many people suggested, this is not a clearance process from outside of Bangladesh because KCC sends 2NL after obtaining FBI clearance. May be your documents such as educational certificate, birth certificates may be verified by US Embassy in Dhaka. So keep praying mate!

Good Luck

Dear Ammeck,

Thanks for your input. You have one wrong information out there. There is no amount requirement like $15000.00. Whoever told you this is wrong. Normally to qualify for US Immigrant Visa each person should meet the threshold of "Poverty Level" amount. You can simply go to US Immigration website USCIS dot gov and search "Poverty Guidelines". You will find the current amount. or you provide 'Affidavit of Support" from US Citizen/Resident i think its something like I-136 Affidavit form

However, saying all that there is different criteria for Immigrant Visa under DV category. As long as the consular officer is satisfied that you would be a burden for US Government a consular office can issue you with a US Immigrant Visa. Now lets say you have $3000.00 in your bank account and you are a doctor by profession. You are likely to get the visa because you are likely to get jobs in the US after your arrival. I know in some country US embassy do not require any bank statement at all!! They are happy with copy of your CV.

However, to give you a clear idea, for a single person if you have over US$5500.00 i think you meet the current Poverty Guidelines by the USCIS.

Hope this help. Be Honest and clear with them. Dont just deposit so much money into your account as this would confuse them.

Best of luck!

jonydhaka,
Have you actually check the poverty guidelines to come out with that figure ($5,500)? For clarification purposes you should check the USCIS poverty guidelines for 2009 which is found here http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf Use the 125% poverty line for your analysis.

Great news Arifeen_gt.... Congrats! When are you flying to US and which part of US will you be staying?

Thank you. I will submit my bank statement with £7500 GBP and my parents bank statement along with evidence of properties. Do you think that will be quite enough?
I think it depends. For some applicant they don't ask for any evidence but for me I showed USD.25K Bank Balance Plus I-134 from my uncle living in USA but they advised me to submit I-864 from my uncle. In my 2nd NL it was mentioned to provide with I-134.

Got my visa today :) I would like to specially thank Metroloy, Suhrid.suhrid, Sik, Warm_Pallab, i2009, Sync and all other friends in this forum for their help and support. THANK YOU ALL. May Allah be with you always. )

Congrats. Its really a great news.

I am in "administrative review". Waiting for a call. Don't know how much time it may take.

I am in "administrative review". Waiting for a call. Don't know how much time it may take.

that is the case with me. my case was under additional processing. then i sent an email to them, and the reply said my case is now under additional processing.

I think it depends. For some applicant they don't ask for any evidence but for me I showed USD.25K Bank Balance Plus I-134 from my uncle living in USA but they advised me to submit I-864 from my uncle. In my 2nd NL it was mentioned to provide with I-134.

Man..even after so much evidence..they asked for I-186!

HI Its gr8 news. Con grates. Man I don't know what result waiting for me..? Like many of us ... I m in "Additional Processing" .. Surid is waiting more than 2 months. How much time I have to wait I don't know.

well, have a good news to share. i received my visa today.
after 2 months of wait, its a great relief; when i was almost fearing that i should give up hope.
as i am thinking, my name, having 'mohammad' and 'khan', and the islamic background of my family, made them to examine the case under 'administrative processing'. that is the cause of delay.
thank you everyone associated with this forum, for the support when i almost lost hope.

after 2 months of wait, its a great relief; when i was almost fearing that i should give up hope.
as i am thinking, my name, having 'mohammad' and 'khan', and the islamic background of my family, made them to examine the case under 'administrative processing'. that is the cause of delay.
thank you everyone associated with this forum, for the support when i almost lost hope.

Oh Brother Congratulation... Its a gr8 releif... U & Arefin got it ... I don't know about my condition... also baffled abt my fate... DId u call them?? WHat is their Number? WHat did u say ? COngrates again brother... U were so tensed through the last couple of months.

Congratulation. When you are planning to leave Bangladesh?

Congratz... Suhrid.. that is good news.. i have been following ur case since it was under adminstrative processing.. thank God lastly we hear the good news.. i am also under AP for nearly a month now..

Congratz... Suhrid.. that is good news.. i have been following ur case since it was under adminstrative processing.. thank God lastly we hear the good news.. i am also under AP for nearly a month now..
what i learned from my case is that there is nothing to fear if your criminal record (!) is okay. its just that they have a thorough check-up of ur background. i have a family of strong islamic background, and i managed to get a visa. so if you believe that you are okay, then there is nothing to fear.

what i learned from my case is that there is nothing to fear if your criminal record (!) is okay. its just that they have a thorough check-up of ur background. i have a family of strong islamic background, and i managed to get a visa. so if you believe that you are okay, then there is nothing to fear.

Worthwhile experience !

jonydhaka,
Have you actually check the poverty guidelines to come out with that figure ($5,500)? For clarification purposes you should check the USCIS poverty guidelines for 2009 which is found here line for your analysis.

Thanks for your input. i guess its all come down to personal situation which may vary person to person..today i had my interview at 11am and my Immigrant Visa and packet at 2.30pm. At the time of interview they did not want my bank statement. I just had US$4500 bond certificate...when i offered them my bank statement or business documents they said it was not needed. But they asked me questions about my educational background and work experience. In fact these Affidavit of Support or fund etc are not requirements or criteria for Immigrant Visa under DV Category. They want to assess if an individual would become burden to US Government and i think they call this "changeability" criteria. If a consular officer is satisfied that the applicant will not become a burden to US government (because they have fund or they have enough skill to get jobs in the US) the consular officer can issue visa without any evidence of fund or Affidavit of Sponsorship. From my personal experience, every application is treated differently and case by case. My name in the certificate is different, my name in my passport is different and my name in the DV Winning Notification is different. Still i got the visa, because i was honest about it and explained the matter to the consular officer which he understood. But unfortunately many fellow applicants from Bangladesh would try to hide the mistake and prepare documents accordingly. So my suggestion to everyone, cHeers up, be clear, precise, honest and present your circumstance.