• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010-Adjustment of Status-I need help

ivone

Please I need help in my case.

On May 2009, I was informed that I have been selected in the Diversity Lottery-DV-2010. Based upon this selection we submitted I-485, Adjustment of Status petitions based on DV-2010 case, we have always been in legal status in the US (L-1A expires on June 2011), so we are eligible to adjust our status while in the US.But the Service erroneously denied I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial (Green card based on L-1 VISA) , that I received a few month before.
On December 2007, an I-140 Petition was filed .
On March 2009, said Petition was denied.

On July 2009 I filed Form I-485, Application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status based on DV-2010 case.

On September 2009, the Service erroneously denied Respondent's I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial.

I suppose that my attorney made a mistake and sent the documents to the wrong address:to the Lincoln, Nebraska , not according to that specified in the instructions: St. Louis, Missouri.

I need your help, what should I do in this case?... apply for Appeal to re-open the case( but denial says "The regulations do not provide the appeal for that decision" , but first of all the decision is wrong, because the denial based on error by immigration officer.), or re-file all the documents to the address provided on instruction and again to pay dues, fingerprints, health-exam (a lot of money, that I've already paid )

Please advice.