• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2009 - just sent off I-485 for AOS

ivanmladek

Registered Users (C)
I am from Europe and I got the LN for DV2009 (2009EU00023xxx) in April 2008 and since I am legally in the US on F1 student visa I sent off my I-485 for AOS a week ago to the Chicago lock-box. I concurrently filed G-325A, sealed medical I-693 and employment authorization I-765 together with advance parole I-131 for that Christmas trip, photos, birth certificate and passport copies, etc.

1) How long will it take to get confirmation for the I-485, I-765 and I-131?

2) When can I expect an interview and the biometrics interview?

3) When can I expect the green card, provided all goes well?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I am sorry, I do not have any answer to you, but a question.
I am a F1 student with a EU19XXX number, and I just posted a thread today. What is the I-131 document? Are we allowed to leave the country while doing AOS?
Please, see my thread, posted a few hours ago.
Thanks a lot.

Too early

I am from Europe and I got the LN for DV2009 (2009EU00023xxx) in April 2008 and since I am legally in the US on F1 student visa I sent off my I-485 for AOS a week ago to the Chicago lock-box. I concurrently filed G-325A, sealed medical I-693 and employment authorization I-765 together with advance parole I-131 for that Christmas trip, photos, birth certificate and passport copies, etc.

1) How long will it take to get confirmation for the I-485, I-765 and I-131?

2) When can I expect an interview and the biometrics interview?

3) When can I expect the green card, provided all goes well?

Thanks

Wow....it's too early to send the AOS package to Chicago. You number has be reported current in the visa bulletin before you send it which would be somewhere next year for your CN. It's likely that it would be rejected but you can file it again when your number is reported current.

Wow....it's too early to send the AOS package to Chicago. You number has be reported current in the visa bulletin before you send it which would be somewhere next year for your CN. It's likely that it would be rejected but you can file it again when your number is reported current.

Thank you, we shall see what USCIS does. If they reject it, I would hope they would return my check, otherwise that would be a problem. In either case thank you for help.

Premature

we shall see what USCIS does...

Wow ivanmladek! Aren't you a brave one! You are testing the waters for the rest of us, re-writing the rules I guess :eek: . I think your I-485 maybe a bit premature, but hey.... what's the worst that could happen? Right?
Keep us posted.

I would hope they would return my check...

Ummmm...yeah...If they reject your app for early filing you don't get your money back. Plus if it's rejected for that reason you'll probably have to do medicals again.

Last edited by a moderator:
not true

I did the same thing sent I-485 too early. They just returned it to me it was rejected because it was too early to send and they sent the money orders back. I was able to cash in money orders so they don`t take the money if case is rejected. I even called immigration to ask and double check this money question and they told me that because they did not even strat the process i got my money back.

I did the same thing sent I-485 too early. They just returned it to me it was rejected because it was too early to send and they sent the money orders back. I was able to cash in money orders so they don`t take the money if case is rejected. I even called immigration to ask and double check this money question and they told me that because they did not even strat the process i got my money back.

That's good news. I will know mine in a few days, I hope. Then I can wait for fiscal 2009 and refile when my number comes up.

Ivanmladek

That's good news. I will know mine in a few days, I hope. Then I can wait for fiscal 2009 and refile when my number comes up.

Ivanmladek,

I saw in your signature that you've a receipt for the payment to the DOS,just want to confirm,did you pay and received the receipt already?

If you don't mind,when did you pay?and how long did it take till you got your receipt?

Thanks.

Ivanmladek,

I saw in your signature that you've a receipt for the payment to the DOS,just want to confirm,did you pay and received the receipt already?

If you don't mind,when did you pay?and how long did it take till you got your receipt?

Thanks.

Yes I paid and yes I got the receipt, which KCC processed in a single day and sent it over in the registered mail envelope which I got two days later. Very fast. As a result of the DOS payment for AOS, they gathered that I am AOS and sent off the release letter from the services of KCC to me, but for some weird reason sent it to Europe, where it scared the hell out of my family. It took over a month and could be a killer for people in a time bind so I recommend to send DOS AOS payment asap for everybody.

Hello Ivan,
For what I know, the "I485PlusOtherForms" package has to be sent on/after October 1st this year, no earlier. I got that package in USCIS office but did nothing.

I'd like to do AOS too but I didn't send anything back to KCC... I don't know what to do with DPS 122 and the DS 230&230II.

And the Adjustment fee (Missouri one)... I guess is the $375, when I have to send this payment.... we're two people, that will be $750 for both? I'm the selectee but my dependent has to pay that fee too?

How I notify KCC that I'd like to do AOS?...

Thank you

Hello Ivan,
For what I know, the "I485PlusOtherForms" package has to be sent on/after October 1st this year, no earlier. I got that package in USCIS office but did nothing.

I'd like to do AOS too but I didn't send anything back to KCC... I don't know what to do with DPS 122 and the DS 230&230II.

And the Adjustment fee (Missouri one)... I guess is the $375, when I have to send this payment.... we're two people, that will be $750 for both? I'm the selectee but my dependent has to pay that fee too?

How I notify KCC that I'd like to do AOS?...

Thank you

Yes, the fees is $750 for two!

Send the form DSP 122 to KCC and put BCIS as they said on the instructions,that way they'll know you wanna do AOS.
You can send DS 230 if you wish,others say there is no need, others say it's not gonna harm you,which is what I did,I sent both forms back and didn't have any problems. ALL IN ALL form DSP 122 is the form which will let KCC know your intentions.

Hope this helps!