• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Indonesia

Hi Anton,
You have to get the SKKB (surat keterangan Kelakuan Baik) from Mabes Polri.The embassy only want it that way.

I also PM speedys4 to ask about the procedure because,
although I know that we had to submit the one from Mabes, still some other Indonesian, tell me that in order to get the SKKB from Mabes.
first you have to go to Kelurahan and get SKKB from Lurah,
then get SKKB from Polres,then get SKKB from Polda.
AFter that, you submit the SKKB from POlda to Mabes,then Mabes issued you their SKKB based upon the SKKB from Polda.

Talk about complicated procedure huh.
This is caused by the computer system from Polda and Mabes is not online...

But still I heard that some people can get it from Mabes directly.That is what I want to know.Can we by pass all the procedure and just go to mabes?
I understand we might to pay "more" fees :)
as you know what I mean,
but it save so much time if we can do it directly.

So does anybody in here get it directly from Mabes,or have to go to Kelurahan ,Polres, and Polda first?

Can anybody here help us?

Thank you

Friends,
I am still not clear about this Police Certificate. I lived in several places in Indonesia and according to guideline that we received in the package the best way is to get the certificate from MABES in Jakarta. The question can we go dircetly to MABES or should go to each POLRES. I lived in Tembagapura for 3 years in 1980, it will take time and cost to go to POLRES there.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Friends,
I am still not clear about this Police Certificate. I lived in several places in Indonesia and according to guideline that we received in the package the best way is to get the certificate from MABES in Jakarta. The question can we go dircetly to MABES or should go to each POLRES. I lived in Tembagapura for 3 years in 1980, it will take time and cost to go to POLRES there.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Bro, may i know where do you live now?

If you ever live in several places after you turn 16, you must get Police Record from Mabes Polri Jakarta.

Why i ask you about where you live now, because you only have to go to Polres/Poltabes and Polda where you live now.

And of course, before go to Polres you must have "Surat Pengantar" start from RT, RW, Kelurahan, Kecamatan and Koramil.
And you bring this "Surat Pengantar" to Polsek. They will give you the SKCK (Srt Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian) "Polsek level".
This SKCK you must bring to Polres or Poltabes (if you live in the big City). They will take your fingers print formula and issue SKCK "Polres level".
And from Polres / Poltabes you must bring this SKCK to Polda. They will issue SKCK "Polda level".

And the final destination is Mabes Polri Jakarta., to get the SKCK (Police Record or Police Certificate...whatever...:)) from Mabes Polri Jakarta.
That's all

Quite complicated, huh....:D :D :D

I have lived in several city in Indonesia. What I did is I went to my hometown where my Identity Card was issued. Went to Kelurahan to get reference letter and bring them the to POLDA. They would issue SKKC and with this you can go to MABES POLRI and apply for so SKKC. This is the SKKC that you will bring when you have interview with the embassy. By the way, my 'kelurahan office' wanted me to have "sidik jari cerificate" which I got it from POLDA. I hope this information will help you

Dear All,

What document need to be translated to English?. Do we need to translate our passport?. Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

need clerufication???

Greetings,

I'm also a DV winner from Indonesia. Me and my wife won the DV2007, we've gone through the whole DV process and now living in the US. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Cheers

My dears, I am glad to hear that you are allready in USA and won DV lottery,
My wife is the DV lottery 2008 will low case number 2008EU000005.., we send the forms to the KCC and I askes them throutgh email about it, they confirmed that the forms has arrived in the meniones center. Know I am waitting for the appointment of the interwiuw.
Would you be so kind to explain or answer to these questioned:
What have kind of the papper you showed to the US embassy (for interwiuw)?
If you have an Affidavit of the Support and Job Ofer , do we need to shown the US embassy any banc account?
What kind of the questions the aske in interwiuw?

In hope that you will anser on my question, thank you in adnvance

I am preparing for February Interview..Wish Me Luck, everyone..thank you!

Good luck Bung Anton Lou. We hope you will have great success for the interview.

I have got SKCK from Mabes POLRI on 17 December 2007. It's in Bahasa and English. I wonder if we still need to translate it.

I have come also to one of the Clinic (as recommended in NL) and according to a Lady there the process of Medical Exam and Vaccination can be done in one day.

Appreciate if you share your experience later. Again Good Luck.

Good luck Bung Anton Lou. We hope you will have great success for the interview.

I have got SKCK from Mabes POLRI on 17 December 2007. It's in Bahasa and English. I wonder if we still need to translate it.

I have come also to one of the Clinic (as recommended in NL) and according to a Lady there the process of Medical Exam and Vaccination can be done in one day.

Appreciate if you share your experience later. Again Good Luck.

Pak Tan Kim Seng,

May you explain to us, the entire procedure needed to get SKCK from Mabes Polri? I heard you need to get letter from RT/RW first then Kelurahan,Then POLDA then Mabes Polri.
Is it true?

How much does it all cost? and which section/department do you need to go to in Mabes Polri and Polda? How long does it take?

By the way if the document already in English, you do not need to translate it. I am sure about that.
For the clinic test, just make sure you go there as soon as you recieve 2nd NL.From previous Indonesian entry, some times the healt check up result or vaccination can be delayed a little bit... due to specific health condition.
So better start early...

Good Luck to you and to Mr. Anton Lou

Pak Tan Kim Seng,

May you explain to us, the entire procedure needed to get SKCK from Mabes Polri? I heard you need to get letter from RT/RW first then Kelurahan,Then POLDA then Mabes Polri.
Is it true?

How much does it all cost? and which section/department do you need to go to in Mabes Polri and Polda? How long does it take?

By the way if the document already in English, you do not need to translate it. I am sure about that.
For the clinic test, just make sure you go there as soon as you recieve 2nd NL.From previous Indonesian entry, some times the healt check up result or vaccination can be delayed a little bit... due to specific health condition.
So better start early...

Good Luck to you and to Mr. Anton Lou

Pak Purity,

I live in Pekanbaru.
I collected letter from RT and RW. Both of them are my friends in the same office. Then based on that letter I went to Lurah and get letter (with 3x4 photo) to get SKCK from Polda. No significant cost at Lurah and Polda. There were several forms need to be completed in POLDA Riau. Then POLDA will issue a letter for MABES to issue SKCK. At Mabes POLRI you need to bring copy of your Kartu Keluarga, Passport, 3 x 3x4 passphoto, and Surat Lahir. I submit all of this on 17 Dec and received the SKCK the next day. No cost at all. Just ask section that can issue you SKCK, everybody in POLDA and MABES will direct you that section.

Yth Pak Tan Kim Seng,
Thank you for your information.
I really admire Mabes Polri now,
since they issue you SKCK for free,
unlike the old days :) ...

I wish you the very best of luck.

Hi Pak Tan Kim Seng,
This is me again. Could you please explain, whether my wife born in Surabaya, who now lives with me in Jakarta, needs to have Police Certificate
to originate in Surabaya (get Rt/Rw/Lurah/Polres in Sby)? Or she could just apply it from Jakarta's Rt/Rw etc ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi Pak Tan Kim Seng,
This is me again. Could you please explain, whether my wife born in Surabaya, who now lives with me in Jakarta, needs to have Police Certificate
to originate in Surabaya (get Rt/Rw/Lurah/Polres in Sby)? Or she could just apply it from Jakarta's Rt/Rw etc ?

Thank you in anticipation.

I was born in Bukittinggi and my wife was born in Padang. And we went to RT/RW/Lurah where we live now and POLDA Riau in Pekanbaru. Therefore, you can just go to Jakarta. I do not think you need to go to Polres.

Good luck Bung Tommy.

First, I would like say thank you so much for my Lord, Jesus Christ because of HIS LOVE, we can get this chance. I also would like to say thank you so much for this very valuable forum and people who involve in the discussion and sharing information. I also would like to say thank you to K1ngroy (Martin), Vania, Hendra Iskandar, Tan Kim Seng.

I would like to share with all of you my experience from the beginning until got Visa approval. My wife is primary applicant and we are from Indonesia. So please may be our experiences can be different with other in other countries but just take this information as your guidance cause more or less might be similar. I am an Infrastructure engineer in Information Technology area and my wife is a home maker. I hold master degree in Microwave engineering and my wife hold bachelor degree in Management

It was around December 2006, I remembered it was the last three days that the DV 2008 will close. A friend of mine came to me to ask for help to change his photo and his family photos to meet the requirements. I asked him what the purpose and he said that he would register DV 2008. It liked a bell remind me about DV. Actually I have registered DV program many times but since 2003 I stop it because I changed my direction of life that I would go to Europe for good. FYI, in 2003 I pursued my Master degree in a Swedish university and graduated in 2005.

Back to the DV..after finished with my friend photos, I went to home and asked my wife whether she want to try her luck and she was OK. And the day after, I took her picture, and my two daughters and myself by pocket camera. After changed the photos to meet the requirements, I connected to web to open the website and fill in My wife and my applications and submit.
After submitted the applications, I did not wait for the result in April, May or any because it was just for “fun”.

Then in the mid of April 2007, My wife received an white envelope sent from Sweden. Actually she thought that the mail sent by a university that I requested for brochures. When she opened it, she read a word say..”Congratulation..”. then she called me and said that she won the lottery.
At that time, both of us have no idea how to or what next we should do. After searching the internet, slowly the cover is open and we got some idea and information how to go on the process, especially after we found this forum.

In the mid of May 2007, we sent back our filled application and two weeks after that, I contacted KCC whether they have received our mail or not and they replied with received it.
During waiting time, I always interact with other by read and post this forum. In December, after the Bulletin out, we know that our case will be current in February, soon after around one week after the bulletin out, I sent email to KCC to ask the exact interview date, they replied my email and said that the second NL has been sent and my interview date in the mid of February.
In the last week of December, our family went to the Medical checkup. My wife and I got some vaccination around three (MMR, Influenza and Polio), meanwhile for my daughters they got only influenza because other vaccinations they have.
In the first week of January, we got second NL and anything that we should do before the interview session.
Two week before the D-Day, My wife and I went to the Embassy for screening documents, very fast, we do not need make any appointment, it took only half an hour for that. The lady took only the copy of original documents meanwhile the translated documents were not taken. And she asked us to bring the original documents in the interview session.

As the second NL stated that our interview in the morning, she changed that to 1 PM and asked My wife and I to come to the Embassy the day before interview for finger printing.
And the D-day has come, our family arrived around 5 minutes before 1 PM, the guard asked us to make a queue and wait until one o’clock sharp. At that time, I saw that there were not so many people around for Visa. We came to the IV window, and the lady asked us to surrender our passports and original documents, after waiting around ten minutes, she returned our original documents and asked us to wait. While we were waiting she asked me to pay for the processing fee for one person USD 775.
Around ten minutes after a lady asked us to come in to 1 window, it is a room, the interview was begin. A nice lady has wait for us, first the lady greet us and said we have to put our signature on the forms and she would ask some questions, she asked me what is my job and where do I work? I said I am an IT engineer and work for a US company in Indonesia, then she asked my wife with same question, and my wife replied she is a home maker.
Since our financial support is not meet the poverty guide, and we provided affidavit support from my brother, our saving account and my house certificate. She is like my mom who always advice and warn about life is hard. A note from her that until now I never forget that she said” living in US is not easy and you and your family can be live on street and became a public charges”. I replied to her that I will go to US for good, for new hope, I will not bring my family to destroy their future, I will go to there with my professional skills and I believe I can make it. But again, her advice is like chime in my heart to warn every my steps that getting the visa is not the end of struggle but it is the beginning of my journey, my struggle will always on and on. She said that “I APPROVED YOUR VISA and collect your passports in next week”. before that we have to pay for other applicants fees.
I believe everyone in here has same thought with me that this Visa is not the end of journey.

a suggestion for all, just be relax, be honest, and pray.

Thank you,
Anton

Dear Anton,

Congratulation on your newly earned visas! And thank you very much for your detailed accounts of the interview.

I have some questions to pose you if you don't mind.

You mentioned that you went for a document screening 2 weeks before D-Day. Was it mentioned specifically in the second letter that you have to do that?

Which city you plan to settle by the way?

For your info, I also once studied in Europe (Germany).

I have no doubt that you will be succesful in the US, due to your educational background. Nonetheless I wish you all success and happiness for the future.

Tommy.

Yes, it mentioned on the second NL. actually the positive thing is we do not need to come back for other documents if not completely on the D-Day, and we have couple of weeks before the D-Day for preparation if the document is not complete.
I have no idea but for POE I will go to San Francisco.
Thank you so much and I wish you success also.

Anton

Congratulations AntonLou.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I wish you success in USA.

Hi Anton

Congratulations and Good Luck!

I am waiting my number would be current....
I am worried my application had got to KCC....
I just want ask you how you could contact with KCC
checking if they would receive your application.

I hope I can see you in US!

ted_kirkland,
you can contact KCC by email or phone. I contacted KCC by email, you can find it on your first NL or you can search this forum.
I suggest you to read all threads, you will surprise that in here there are tons of information...
Good Luck!