• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Indonesia

thanks.. for ur respond ...

the case number is 2008AS000099**

about the post stamp... im not sure where i can check it? ..
i just see red stamp which say...

PP sweden
posten sverige ab
*unreadable*

Well I am not to sure how the agent works. They might want to charge you some money. Try to ask them how much they want. Actually you just need to know your case number. The form you can download from internet. I believe people in this forum will guide you to get the right form.
Maybe you can ask the agent to show you the letter so that you can see the case number. By the way, where is the agen located ?
Thanks Pak Hendra. I have received the package from the agent. My case number is 2008AS000078xx. What is the chance to get interviewed? I notice this numbe is not current in 2006. I have three sons, 23 years old, 20 years old (last year) and 16 years old. Could I still include my second son?

Also could you advise the address of internet I can download the form. Just in case I need it. Sekali lagi terima kasih Pak Hendra. Could I pm you ?

pak tan kim seng
all form can be dowload here http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/
choose the appropriate form.. in this case ds230 & dsp122

i just think that a hoax from your agent is still possible ..they could just reprint the whole letter with the name changed ...
i think it might be better not to pay additional fees , at least until you go for interview in us embassy

Mr. Tan,

I know that we can only include our children below 21 years old. But I am not too sure with the cut off date. Is the age consider when we fill the form or when we get the visa ? You can pm me for more discussion if you want to

Hi tan_kim_seng,

My case number is 2008AS000078xx. What is the chance to get interviewed? I notice this numbe is not current in 2006.

As for DV-2006, your number became current in September. Your number is a bit high, but you have a good chance to get interviewed in somewhere between July and September 2008.

Hi tan_kim_seng,
As for DV-2006, your number became current in September. Your number is a bit high, but you have a good chance to get interviewed in somewhere between July and September 2008.

Many thanks Mr Toomackie. Where did you see the number in 2006. I saw un August 2006 bulletin the number was 7700. And in September bulletin was current. What does the current mean ?.

Hi tan_kim_seng,

You are welcome. You don't need to call me Mr. :)
And in September bulletin was current. What does the current mean ?.

"case number becomes current" indicates that your interview date will be scheduled on the specific month for which your number or the number higher than yours appears. For instance, if you check bulletin for September 2004 for DV-2004, you see the number AS 16,300. It means that DV winner with more than 16,300 didn't get a chance to have an interview.:( So, if you see the word "Current" in your region it basically means that all winners will have interview date:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi tan_kim_seng,

Toomackie, do you know the cutoff of the children age 21 years old? Before interview or before we submit the lottery. Looks like one of my son could not join since he will be 21 on March 2008. Thank you.

Hi tan_kim_seng,

Toomackie, do you know the cutoff of the children age 21 years old? Before interview or before we submit the lottery. Looks like one of my son could not join since he will be 21 on March 2008. Thank you.

It seems that it's not that simple. In order to find out age qualification, it looks like Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) Section (3)
comes into play. It states:

"DV Applicants. Section 3 also applies to derivative DV applicants. Because the DV process differs substantially from the preference process, however, treatment of DV derivatives will also be somewhat different. For the purpose of calculating the period during which the "petition is pending", VO has decided to use the period between the first day of the DV mail-in application period for the program year in which the principal alien has qualified and the date on the letter notifying the principal applicant that his/her application
has been selected (congratulatory letter). That period will be subtracted from the derivative alien''s age on the date the visa becomes available to the principal alien. The date the visa becomes available will be the first day on which the Department determines the principal alien's selection number becomes eligible for visa processing."

source: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1429.html

Example by By Bernard P. Wolfsdorf and Naveen Rahman:

"The provision is best understood with an example. A principal applicant is selected for the DV-2004 program for which the first date for mailing the application was October 1, 2002. The principal applicant receives a congratulatory letter dated May 30, 2003, notifying her that she has been selected. Accordingly, the diversity visa petition has been pending for 242 days. The principal applicant has a high lottery number and is finally able to proceed with her immigrant petition and receive a diversity visa on September 1, 2004. She has a daughter and a son. The daughter turned twenty-one on October 1, 2003, and the son turned twenty-one on July 1, 2004. The daughter cannot benefit from CSPA, because she has been twenty-one for more than 242 days. In contrast, the son can benefit, because he has been twenty-one for less than 242 days."
source: http://www.wolfsdorf.com/DVarticles/DV 2004 Update.pdf

First date for DV-2008 entry was October 4, 2006. Since your son will be 21 on March 2008, I think he has a good chance to be eligible.
I really hope he can benefit from CSPA.

Search Keywords: CSPA, age out

Hi tan_kim_seng,

First date for DV-2008 entry was October 4, 2006. Since your son will be 21 on March 2008, I think he has a good chance to be eligible.

Again, many thanks Toomackie. I have another question about photo requirement. The photograph must be in color, but must have only a white or off-white background.
What does off-white mean ? Can the photo with any shirt color and white background? What is the best combination?

The photograph must be in color, but must have only a white or off-white background.
What does off-white mean ? Can the photo with any shirt color and white background? What is the best combination?

Off-white is a yellow-ish, a bit of gray like white, like ivory. I think you can wear any color you want, which looks good on you :)
Since background is white, I would wear color other than white or pale color. :D

photo: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/composition/composition_874.html

Any DV 2008 winner from Jakarta, Indonesia?...Maybe we can work together to achieve our goal? please send PM to me...
or any previous winner who can share his/her experience during applying GC in Jakarta, Indonesia
Ada Pemenang DV 2008 asal Jakarta, Indonesia? Mungkin kita bisa diskusi bersama untuk membuat DV kita menjadi GC..terima kasih...

Salam...
Anton

filling up form

hi .
I have a question regarding filling up form. Hope somebody can help me

Is the form has to be the original that they sent or can be just the download ones or copy ones, let's say if you made a mistakes and stuff.

and my other question for the DS 230 part II.
number 35. I just want to make sure that it doesn't need to be filled right?
and we don't need to sign that part either?

thank you

Age-out

Hello

MY father won dv2008.Due to our case number which is as14xx our interview would be on oct or nov.the problem is i would turn 21 by 8-may 2008.do u think i would lose eligibility to immigrate with him if i turn 21 before my visa issuance?

Check this out

Hello

MY father won dv2008.Due to our case number which is as14xx our interview would be on oct or nov.the problem is i would turn 21 by 8-may 2008.do u think i would lose eligibility to immigrate with him if i turn 21 before my visa issuance?
Go through this post, which was logged in under this thread, it explains it very well, you just need to sit down patiently and do the arithmetic.
Let your dad include you on his forms and let the embassy make the final decision.
Hi tan_kim_seng,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_kim_seng

It seems that it's not that simple. In order to find out age qualification, it looks like Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) Section (3)
comes into play. It states:

"DV Applicants. Section 3 also applies to derivative DV applicants. Because the DV process differs substantially from the preference process, however, treatment of DV derivatives will also be somewhat different. For the purpose of calculating the period during which the "petition is pending", VO has decided to use the period between the first day of the DV mail-in application period for the program year in which the principal alien has qualified and the date on the letter notifying the principal applicant that his/her application
has been selected (congratulatory letter). That period will be subtracted from the derivative alien''s age on the date the visa becomes available to the principal alien. The date the visa becomes available will be the first day on which the Department determines the principal alien's selection number becomes eligible for visa processing."
source: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/law...rams_1429.html

Example by By Bernard P. Wolfsdorf and Naveen Rahman:

"The provision is best understood with an example. A principal applicant is selected for the DV-2004 program for which the first date for mailing the application was October 1, 2002. The principal applicant receives a congratulatory letter dated May 30, 2003, notifying her that she has been selected. Accordingly, the diversity visa petition has been pending for 242 days. The principal applicant has a high lottery number and is finally able to proceed with her immigrant petition and receive a diversity visa on September 1, 2004. She has a daughter and a son. The daughter turned twenty-one on October 1, 2003, and the son turned twenty-one on July 1, 2004. The daughter cannot benefit from CSPA, because she has been twenty-one for more than 242 days. In contrast, the son can benefit, because he has been twenty-one for less than 242 days."
source: http://www.wolfsdorf.com/DVarticles/...4 Update.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/passport/gui...ition_874.html
"2007 Poverty Guideline"
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1327.html
"Visa Reciprocity and Country Documents Finder"
http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm
"Vaccination Requirements for Immigrant Visa Applicants"
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1331.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by toomackie : 4th May 2007 at 01:17 PM.

hi .
I have a question regarding filling up form. Hope somebody can help me

Is the form has to be the original that they sent or can be just the download ones or copy ones, let's say if you made a mistakes and stuff.

and my other question for the DS 230 part II.
number 35. I just want to make sure that it doesn't need to be filled right?
and we don't need to sign that part either?

thank you

Yes. You don't need to fill the question no.35 and neither signed it

hi, just wanna know, when did u all receive the confirmation that u won the GC??

can we see the winners' list on the web??

i'm indonesian too btw :D :D