• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Bangladesh Please list here

suman619747

Suman

During DV 2006, except for some few rare cases , No Affidavit of Support was asked for. May be the Visa Officer, rather than rejecting the case, made the situation very hard for those particular applicants.

Well, I was also not asked for this Affidavit, yet i collected this, from a relative in the US to be on the 100% perfect side. and i didnt submit it , as it was not asked for.

Anyway, best thing to do is call the Embassy . there are particular 2 hours phone call hours, i forgot may be its 9 -11 on any Monday. visit embassy website. you can talk to the Visa Assistant and ask her about the current scenario.
I also dont know about Dv 2008 cases. just remember , things sometimes change just for a newly appointed Visa Officer for DVs.

i pray for the old guy who took my interview.

well i didnt have any of the SSC / HSC Admit or Registration Card, i was very tensed about this, i had lost these many years back. but i took my Bachelors Registration and Admit Card , that took the situation under control, i guess. as no other documents were asked for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sohana,

The Police clearance is required for thouse more than 16 years. You will collect your and your husband's police clearance at your current residence. If you are in Dhaka then it is very eassy. Go to Police Commissioner Office (Baily Road) and you will find a one stop service for police clearance. You have to pay Tk. 250 to the Sonali Bank (Malibagh Branch) for that. After that you will apply for and within 7 days you will get a certificate. This certificate has to be notarized and to be submited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for attestation.

For Medical, you need not do do anything. You have to go to Dr. Wahab at Baridhara for the medical checkup. HE will do everything for you. This will cost Tk. 3500 per person.

Marrage certificate and Nikahnama should be translated and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It is very easy to get your baby's passport. Just apply to the Passport office or in the Sonali Bank (Malibagh Branch) for that and you will get it within 3 days (Tk.5000 each). Before that you will need to collect their Birth certificates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Shakil & Ferdous,
Can you please give us some idea about jobs and living expenses there? Also please tell me how long it takes to get the Green Card after arrival in USA? Is there any other documents to process other than Green Card?

Regards

Zahid

Dear shakil ,

Please inform me how US Embassy, Dhaka will contact me after completing my administrative processing? Through letter,Phone call or e-mail?

Regards
Zahid

You R Great!!!

Dear Sohana,

The Police clearance is required for thouse more than 16 years. You will collect your and your husband's police clearance at your current residence. If you are in Dhaka then it is very eassy. Go to Police Commissioner Office (Baily Road) and you will find a one stop service for police clearance. You have to pay Tk. 250 to the Sonali Bank (Malibagh Branch) for that. After that you will apply for and within 7 days you will get a certificate. This certificate has to be notarized and to be submited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for attestation.

For Medical, you need not do do anything. You have to go to Dr. Wahab at Baridhara for the medical checkup. HE will do everything for you. This will cost Tk. 3500 per person.

Marrage certificate and Nikahnama should be translated and attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It is very easy to get your baby's passport. Just apply to the Passport office or in the Sonali Bank (Malibagh Branch) for that and you will get it within 3 days (Tk.5000 each). Before that you will need to collect their Birth certificates.

Thank you very much- we r more or less relieved of the tension for those procedures- thank you again. We r praying that u get call very soon.

Sohana

Did'nt any Bangladeshi gave interview fr DV2007 in the meantime? Do I hv any hope for getting a call in time?
Case no AS12XXX

Hi Roma( Dv08Winner),
I am also at the same situation.
I am here with H1B, Preparing papers for AOS
My number will be current in February (AS6XXX)
What are papers you are going to submit?
May I get a checklist?
Thanks

Paul

Admin Process

My case was pending under Admin process. It has been cleared now and I have already received visa.

Dear Sohana,
pls help me. I am not yet won but i appired dv2010. Pray for me. my problems issuing you for better understanding.

1.my shool certificate name and dv2010 aplication name same as mohammad abdul hannan date of birth 5/july 1973. ok then i am 14 year in abraod who present living in saudi arabia. me H.s.c.passed ok, then my passport name is different name from s.s.c certificate name and date of birth. in passport my name as abdul hannan miah date of birth 3/sept.1965.
how to i submite my birth certificate ? i gess it same shool certificate good for me but i am afraid that i am long time abroad and in saudi resident iqama last month take my boi finger print. if i say during intervew me no go abroad it is problem for me? pls advice me i submit my expericen certificate that i earned from abroad. or not?my name is not same in passport as certificate such as mohammad abul hannan in ssc and passport abul hannan miah. pls advice me.

other problem is my wife date of birh meantion as 1/1/1984 and she under age 18 registared for marrige .1991 orginally and marrige held 1996 in my house. if i make kabin nama same date 1991 and she under age 18 it is a criminal act i think it and may usa embassy disqualifite me? i am warry about it.
what is the better way for me?
may make new passport with date of bith same as shool and may i make kabin nama other date ? aslo i got first child 200/april10 . what can i do now? pls reply me.

Hannan from saudi arabia

Hi, I am Arifeen from Bangladesh a DV winner 2010, my case no:2010AS00011***. Just got my first letter last week. I have some questions plzz help me on that...

Q1. This is my last year of BBA but on DSP-122 item no# 6 asked for what is the highest level of education that I've complete...which on is right for me here... i) High School, No degree ii) High school Diploma iii) College, No degree iv) University Degree ?? so confusing

Q2. I am single so, how many photographs I have to attach on DSP-230 part1 and part2 ? should I have to attach 2 photos on two parts?

Q3. should I have to write my case number on the right top of the supplemental form also?

Q4. how much time I got for my first letter back to kcc, within 15 days ok for that?

plzz... reply early as possible, thanx a lot.