• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2007- Not married, with children

ra-mg

Registered Users (C)
Hello, We are applying for the DV2007 and have some doubts concerning our marital status. We are not legaly married but we share a child and our relationship is a lasting one. Do we both have to apply without mentioning each other ? Is there any way to apply so that in case one of us becomes winner, the other has Green Card rights ?
Thank you very much in advance.

If you are not married at the moment you apply at the Lottery, I do not think you can mention each other ( but you have to mention your child).

Both of you can play without being married. The thing is that the probability of both of you being selected is really small.

Let's say, only one of you gets a NL, then you will have to face a choice:
_ you can get married before your interview date, then both of you get the GC.
_ you do not get married, only one of gets the GC, then the other has to be sponsored by the GC holder (which takes about 5years). ( but still, you would need to get married to sponsor the other one).

I do not think there is another way.

I was a 2005DV winner, had been with my boyfriend for 4years when played at the Lottery. I received the NL, we chose to get married. Now both of us are GC holders.

Thank you very much for your help, Catseyes. I guess this is what we will do. Congratulations for your successful case! :)