• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2005-when to file AOS?

rga

Registered Users (C)
DV2005EU13xxx
I have all of my AOS documents (I-485, money order, pics, biography, med. exam, birth certificate, diplomas, and other supporting materials) ready to file. I am just not sure when to file.
If Europe's cut off number is going to be over 14,000 in December 2004, should I mail my documents to file AOS or should I wait for KCC to contact me for interview first and then bring all the AOS documents to the interview? If I do not file to adjust status when visa number is available will USCIS or KCC contact me for interview? How does it work?
Could somebody who has experience explain this to me? Thank you.

Hi,
I've no experienece but after I digest many posts at web I can suggest
the following.
Fisrt of all your pics could be old for December: they require 1 months old.
Then, if you are doing AOS, KCC will NOT contact you anymore! You should
send your docs to the local BCIS in that months when your number will be
current (or 90 days before in some places, but in general all BCIS require
your number to be current for AOS).
I hope someone with real eperience can comment my answer.

Advice

Go home and do consular processing if you can. This will avoid you serious headache...

Your number is available since 1/1/05. Go ahead and file!!

What state are you in?? Did you tell KCC that that you are here in the states already?? Did you pay the $100 for AOS in PA??

Good luck!!

question about my status

DV2005EU13xxx
I have overnighted all of my AOS documents on Jan. 3rd, 2005. Seven days later I recieved a confirmation from the Oklahoma City service center that they accepted my documents, which they recieved on Jan. 4th, 2005.
I have also filed for Employment Authorization (costs $175 and has only one simple document to fill out) along with my AOS. The immigration officer said that it takes 2-3 weeks for them to process Empl. Author. from the date of reciept of my documents.

I am on F-1 student visa. I was a full time student during the entire 2004. I decided not to go back to school this year. Once I get my work permit I will start working full time while waiting for the green card.

QUESTION: Do you think there could be a problem that I am not enrolled in school full time after I filed for AOS and Employm. Author.?