• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winners of former years already living in the USA. Tell your experiences

I understand where you are coming from and I totally agree with your viewpoint but here we are talking about new immigrant who have not had any kind of job or insurance in the US.

system is pretty much strapped for cash as you noticed - I too got rejected by CAL social service for emergency medical - lucky thing is I was planing on going back home so I had it after all in my country
California introduced obligatory "residency standard" of 3 MONTHS for everyone asking for free medical so you HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA of 3 months in order to obtain free medical ;;; THIS GOES TO FOR NEW - FRESH IMMIGRANTS TOO
WHEN i WAS CHASING MY FREE DENTAL I NOTICED SOME NEW IMMIGRANTS AND THEY ALSO GOT REJECTED RIGHT THERE AND THEN ,so its pretty tough I think - also it might get worse considering that CALIFORNIA state legislators are pushing the rule of 6 months for residency ...in order to stop "wave of out of state residents" coming over to California to"sponge " free medical

Thats timely news very much worth noting. Thanks for that information bmx88

Hi Ammeck09 and Wendogg,

Thank you guys Wendgog, Ammeck09 and others for their brilliant ideas shared here.
Actually,I had nursed some concerns about the issue.
I hope you guys would continue to be available to shed more light on many issues that would continue to come up prior to subsequent interviews.

Cheers Guys

be careful ... any public assistance is actually breach of terms for the green card lottery winners ...so pregnant or not it might complicated your GC status .... whole process to obtain free medical assistance in California is not that straight forward like say in Europe - there is no standards or guide rules -its pretty much depends on the cash on hand and funding -if there is money in the system you will be approved even if you do not meet the requirements but ...if there is no money then tough luck .... you could be dying but you won' t get a cent from such funds.... by the end of the year such funds are u empty so more people get rejected - best time to apply for it is fist part of the year ....