• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Winners from Thailand

hpy

Registered Users (C)
According to another thread, I notice that there are some Thais in this forum :D. Shouldn't we create one for our own? We can discuss here.

Please share your number, year, experience, etc.

Yeah....

Good to know we have one for Thai na ka.....

My nick is ' Neung' Winner from DV 2008 ja'

This is I cut from some file viewer dv, hope this info would be the most informative for us.

Once KCC receives these completed forms, the
applicant will be considered “documentarily
qualified” for the interview
KCC will create DV IV file for the principal
applicant and qualifying dependents. File will
include a copy of photos submitted with the DV
entry form
KCC will conduct CLASS name checks for all
applicants and submit Eagle security advisory
opinions (SAO) where required
Extracts of DV cases are also electronically sent to
FBI for NCIC clearance
KCC will make note in electronic and paper case
file of any disqualifying factors
Once the applicant’s case number becomes
available or current on the Visa Bulletin, the
KCC will schedule an appointment for
applicant and derivative family members
and transmit the file to the consulate

Documents Required for
Immigrant Visa Interview
Complete medical examination
4 passport size photographs per applicant
Original long-form birth certificate(s)
Marriage certificates; termination of marriage, if applicable
Police certificates from the applicant's native country or country of
current residence, if the applicant lived there for six months. Police
certificate also required from any other country where the
applicant lived for 12 months
Proof of high school education or work experience
Offer of employment or other assets to overcome public charge
grounds of inadmissibility (I-864 not required)
Military record, if applicable
Name change document, if applicable
$775 per applicant ($355 for immigrant visa application + $45 security
surcharge + $375 for DV Lottery surcharge)

High School Education or
Equivalent
Only required for principal applicant
Completion of twelve-year course of elementary
and secondary study
“Foreign Education Credentials Required” – DOS
guidebook with country-specific information on
education certificates
Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis
for further academic study will not qualify
Degree evaluations required for adjustment of
status interviews but not for consular interviews

Work Experience
Alternative to high school diploma
Within the five years of the date of application,
must have at least two years of work experience in
an occupation which requires at least two years of
training or or experience
Current occupation must be classified in a SVP
range of 7.0 or higher
O*Net Online Database

Hello everyone,

First of all, K.hpy, thank you for creating this forum for all of us. It is awesome to have all Thai dv winners gathering here and we can share info among us. Second, thank you k. neung for starting the idea in the other post and kindly share your information. I hope this forum will last long and serve our purpose of Thai community. Seriously, before I knew this website, I got no clue where to talk to other Thai about the DV. I saw very few posts in Pantip and a bloggang of K. แม่ไข่หก there wrote about this site. I checked it out and POW!! THIS IS IT I AM LOOKING FOR.

Since 110 of Thai people are selectee for DV2009, I am just wondering how far the other prepare for this. Hopefully, this forum will attract more to sign up. By the way, my name is Ao kub. I am 30 and my wife is a DV selectee. I spent 5 years in the US and just came back a few weeks. I got an MBA degree and a graduate certificate in project management. Currently, I am unemployed but keep looking for a job kub. I had 5 year working experience in sales before going to the state kub. :D

Hey you guys. I feel very good to see thai peoples here. I hope we would share any idea. I'm a winner from thailand. My case is very high " as23xxx".
Nothing more just waiting for 2NL.

re k Ao (kritvichu): I studied รักษาดินแดน and I remembered I filled in DS-230 as exempt from military service. Although the DV instrution clearly states that the document for military service is required, the staff at the consular office neither looked at the original small green booklet from รักษาดินแดน nor took the xerox I had with me at the interview.

As for the higher NL being allocated to Asia region in 2009, I personally believe the case number for 2009 will become current quicker as opposed to previous years. The DV interview is scheduled by KCC, the foreign post has nothing to do with it. Therefore if KCC schedules more interviews for DV and there is no increase in staff to handle the immigrant visa, the consular office will have to slow down the interview for immigrant visa which the office schedule itself.

In general, submit the DS-230 as soon as possible, I remembered reading from Pantip that there was a Thai girl with a higher case number got interviewed before another Thai with a lower case number only because she submitted DS-230 sooner. Also, no worries about any change you would like to make in DS-230 you have already submitted as you can basically cross off and update any information at the interview - that was what happened to me. I am not sure if there is any case where DS-230 submitted to KCC is so wrong to the extent that the case could not be processed further. The only thing I can think of is 'incorrect foreign chargeability' which will disqualify the winner from further process.

As for the communication with KCC, I emailed them once but got no response, thus I would suggest giving them a call if you were to find out whether they receive your DS-230 or the interview date.

ดีครับพี่น้อง ผม ได้ dv2008 แต่ พึ่ง ได้ gc ผม สมัคร แบบ AOS นะ case ของ ผมเนี้ย ก้อสูงพอตัว AOS0800010xxx ไรเงี้ย หึหึ ไม่รู้ว่าปีนี้จะเป็นไง ถ้าใครสมัคร แบบ AOS ก้อ ถามมาได้นะครับ

Just get my renew passport.., This Monday will have to go to US embassy again to submit my last evident piece. Hope to get it soon !!!!

will come back for any updated la....

Hi BengyDV08 - I have some questions to ask you ka. I read some threads here, but I'm not clear and positive.
1. Do I need to original birth certificate? Also, do I need to make it certified by Thai consulars/officials?
2. Do I need to do the medical with physician indicated on USCIS website? Since I'm a student, all my vaccination record is kept at school. Unfortunately, no physician at my school is on the list.
3. At first, I thought I don't need to do the FBI namecheck. They will take care of this. But I read from another thread, it seems that I need to.

Sorry to dump you lots of question, and thanks for your help. The more I read, the more I get confused -_-`

Hi all,

I have nothing to update. It is just about the thing I remember when I filled in form DS-230 Part I and II., and I'd like to share if anyone got the same. As I remembered, the form provided by KCC was obsolete. It marked 07-2004 at the bottom left corner and wrote expire 07/31/2007 on the top right corner. So, I decided to browse to its official website and used the latest version which expires on 2011. Comparing between the two forms, both are very identical except the latest one has gray/yellow stripe on name filling columns to make the letter look vivid. I filled in the form on my computer and printed it out page-by-page. My A-4 size is a bit longer than the original due to our country standard. Did anyone print out the form from the website or use the original one with your handwriting?

Hi BengyDV08 - I have some questions to ask you ka. I read some threads here, but I'm not clear and positive.
1. Do I need to original birth certificate? Also, do I need to make it certified by Thai consulars/officials?
2. Do I need to do the medical with physician indicated on USCIS website? Since I'm a student, all my vaccination record is kept at school. Unfortunately, no physician at my school is on the list.
3. At first, I thought I don't need to do the FBI namecheck. They will take care of this. But I read from another thread, it seems that I need to.

Sorry to dump you lots of question, and thanks for your help. The more I read, the more I get confused -_-`

ผม ก้อ เป็น F1 มาก่อน ตอนได้ GC อยุ่ ใน OPT status ครับ
เริ่มกันเลย
ถูกแล้วครับ ถ้าจะสมัคร แบย aos เนี้ย
1 ก้อ แค่ copy of birth certificate นะ ครับ แล้วก้อ แปล เป็น อังกิด แล้วก้อ ไป notory เสีย อีก 20 เหรียญ มั้ง เออ สำเนาทะเบียน บ้าน ก้อ ต้อง notory ด้วยนะ ถ้าเคย เปลี่ยนชื่อ ก้อ ต้อง ทำด้วยเช่นกัน
2 ช่ายแล้วต้องไปหาหมอ ตาม list ที่เค้าให้มา มันไม่่เกี่ยวกับวักซีนหรอก แค่ ไป เจาะเลือด ขำ ๆ ขอย้ำว่าต้องไป แล้วต้อง หมอตาม list นาาา ผมเสียไป 200 กว่า ๆ
3 ส่วน fbi check เนี้ย หลังจาก finger print เนี้ย เค้าจะ check ของเค้าเอง เราก้อ รอ ไป แต่ ของผม check เร็ว มากก แค่ อาทิตเดียว ก้อ clear แล้ว
ส่วน มาก ถ้าอ่าน ของ aos08 เนี้ย จคน ที่มีปํญ หา เรื่อง name check เนี้ย คือ พวก มาจาก ประเทด น่ากลัว ๆ หึหึ ไปอ่าน ดิ สาม เดือน ยัง check ไม่ผ่านเลย ซวย มาก แต่ พวก เราผมว่าสบาย พวก คนไทย มาเล ไรเงี้ย ไม่เกิน สองทิตทั้งนั้น
ปล. อย่าลืม ส่ง ค่า fee หละ ส่งไปก่อนเลย 375 ปะ ถ้าจำไม่ผิด ผม ส่ง aos package ตอน เบอรdv ผม current แต่ ผม เคย คุน กับทนาย เค้าให้ส่งไปก่อนเลย แล้ว ผม ก้อ เห้น ชาว บ้าน ไปก่อนก่อนเป็น เดือน ก้อ ไม่มีปัญหาอะไร แต่ ตัวผม เองไม่กล้าไปส่งก่อน เพราะเคย คุยกับ ทัี่ uscis info pass เนี้ย เค้าให้ ส่ง ตอน เบอร์ current
ไปทำงานละ เหนื่อย

ถ้าจบสาย ปวช. พาณิชย์ 3 ปีมา แล้วจบปริญญาตรี
สายพาณิชย์ ถือเป็น High School ได้ไหมครับ แล้วใช้เป็นหลักฐานได้ไหมครับ

ขอบคุณค่ะ ตกลงต้องใช้สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านด้วยเหรอคะ นึกว่าแค่สูติบัตร สรุปก็คือใช้แค่สำเนา ใบแปล แล้วก็ notary ใช้ไหมคะ เห็นคนข้างบนบอกเหมือนต้องใช้ตัวจริงด้วย อย่างที่บอก ยิ่งอ่านยิ่งงงจริงๆ อันที่จริงให้คนที่เมืองไทยส่งมาให้ก็ได้ แต่ไม่ค่อยอยากให้ส่งเอกสารสำคัญอย่างนี้ทางไปรษณีย์

กะว่าจะส่งค่า fee ไปเดือนหน้านี้ล่ะค่ะ

ส่งพาสปอร์ตพร้อมเอกสารที่สถานทูตเมกาตอนสัมภาษณ์ มา 2 อาทิตย์....ก่าๆ แล้วเนี่ย

เค้ายังไม่โทรให้ไปเอาเลย...ไม่รู้ต้องรออีกนานเท่าไหร่ และเค้าต้องเช็คอะไรอีกบ้าง

ลุ้นหัวใจจะวายแล้วเนี่ย

มีใครรู้มั้ยคะ ต้องรออีกนานแค่ไหนเนี่ย แล้วยังมีโอกาสไม่ได้อีกไหมคะ

ลุ้นจังเยย !!!!

Count Down !!!! VISA Bulletin For October. :p I wish that they will add more than 2900 to VISA BULLETIN FOR SEPTEMBER 2008. :D I'm not sure about it will be announced on this Sunday 14 Sep. '2008 the same date as the previously bulletin or within the next Monday lately. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
ส่งพาสปอร์ตพร้อมเอกสารที่สถานทูตเมกาตอนสัมภาษณ์ มา 2 อาทิตย์....ก่าๆ แล้วเนี่ย

เค้ายังไม่โทรให้ไปเอาเลย...ไม่รู้ต้องรออีกนานเท่าไหร่ และเค้าต้องเช็คอะไรอีกบ้าง

ลุ้นหัวใจจะวายแล้วเนี่ย

มีใครรู้มั้ยคะ ต้องรออีกนานแค่ไหนเนี่ย แล้วยังมีโอกาสไม่ได้อีกไหมคะ

ลุ้นจังเยย !!!!

พอดีผมเคยอ่านกระทู้หนึ่งครับ เกี่ยวกับว่าทำไมสถานทูตถึงไม่ได้โทรศัพท์มาบอกผลครับ
ปรากฎว่า ทางสถานทูตลืมโทรแจ้ง ผ่านไปหลายอาทิตย์ก็เลยเข้าไปถามว่าทำไมไม่แจ้ง
ตามลิ้งค์ข้างล่างนี้ครับ
http://www.usvisa4thai.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8342

เย้... โชคดีจริงๆที่เดือนนี้ตัดที่เบอร์ 5300 เพราะเบอร์ตัวเองนี่ 52 ปลายๆ. กะว่าจะส่งเช็คไป DoS วันจันทร์หน้า แล้วนัดหมอทำ medical เร็วๆนี้ ส่วนเรื่องเอกสาร คงต้องให้ที่บ้านส่งมาจากเมืองไทย

ไม่ทราบว่าท่านใดเตรียมเอกสารไปถึงไหนแล้วบ้างคะ