• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Visa Secutity Check Mess!!- please Advise

birdy num num

Registered Users (C)
I am a so called winner in the DV2006.
I am from Iran, my interview was in late Augest 2006 in Ankara.
I paid all the fees for me and my family. We had our interview as scheduled and the officer told me that we are OK and we were going to receive the visa, when we get our FBI check results.
I was given a number that I needed to check when my FBI check is ready.
I continuously checked the web site and did not see my number.

In October, I emailed them to check the status of my case.

they emailed me back that : the fiscal year of 2006 end in September 2006 ( a mouth before my email & 6 weeks after my interview ) and they no longer can give a visa to me based on DV-2006.

I have done everything they asked me to do and in a timely manner- no delay on my side.
my Visa number AS****7XXX was current since July
I traveled to a different counrtyto get medical check and interview.
I spent lot of money on fees and travel expenses.
Based on the estimated time of FBI checks, which is 6 weeks to 6 month., There was no chance of me receiving the result before September 30th to began with.
They should not have accepted my case or
They should have asked for an expedited FBI check...but they did not do that.

I know if I was from any where else that not required FBI check I have been in US now!

I need any advice that you can provide to how follow up on it.
Should I get a lawyer for this?
Any chance of m getting the visa?
Do you know any body with similar circumstantiates ?
Any organization that can help me on this?

na wa oh

irn said:
I am a so called winner in the DV2006.
I am from Iran, my interview was in late Augest 2006 in Ankara.
I paid all the fees for me and my family. We had our interview as scheduled and the officer told me that we are OK and we were going to receive the visa, when we get our FBI check results.
I was given a number that I needed to check when my FBI check is ready.
I continuously checked the web site and did not see my number.

In October, I emailed them to check the status of my case.

they emailed me back that : the fiscal year of 2006 end in September 2006 ( a mouth before my email & 6 weeks after my interview ) and they no longer can give a visa to me based on DV-2006.

I have done everything they asked me to do and in a timely manner- no delay on my side.
my Visa number AS****7XXX was current since July
I traveled to a different counrtyto get medical check and interview.
I spent lot of money on fees and travel expenses.
Based on the estimated time of FBI checks, which is 6 weeks to 6 month., There was no chance of me receiving the result before September 30th to began with.
They should not have accepted my case or
They should have asked for an expedited FBI check...but they did not do that.

I know if I was from any where else that not required FBI check I have been in US now!

I need any advice that you can provide to how follow up on it.
Should I get a lawyer for this?
Any chance of m getting the visa?
Do you know any body with similar circumstantiates ?
Any organization that can help me on this?

as it now Iran and America are not in the best of relationship, You may talk to a lawyer in your country.
but the lottery law states that if you do not enter america before the end of the financial year you stand to be disqualified , even if u have the visa

I think you should hire an attorney and see if you can file for a Writ of Mandamus. I think you should file that in Washington , DC as the federal agencies are located in Washington, DC.