• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Visa Lottery - Qeustion

Dheera

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question regarding DV visa lottery. My wife was born in Iran and raised in India. But while applying for passport she was not aware of place of birth and has written her mom's home town as place of birth. But she has the birth certificate from Iran as proof that she is born in Iran.

Question 1: Do we have to make the changes in the Indian passport to the place where she is born in Iran?

Question 2: If we get the DV lottery for 2011 what will the officer look for in Passport?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dheera

Question 1: Do we have to make the changes in the Indian passport to the place where she is born in Iran?
Hi
I am also from India , born in spain, taking part in DV-2011.
Regarding your question 1 , i can only say that get your wife's passport corrected at the earliest. While submitting the application form your wife had signed in the part declaring that all the information given in the passport form are true , and if it is found later that you have given false information intentionally you are liable to be prosecuted. And no one is going to believe that she was not aware of her birthplace.
My suggestion is to get it corrected as soon as possible whether you win in the DV or not.

I have no idea about question 2. But if i win this year , i will know the answer. But i think the visa officer will notice the wrong information and he can even cancel your DV application. The worst part is , if he cancels it , the DV fees which you will pay before meeting the visa officer will be gone. And in our indian currency that is a lot of money.

Best of luck to you guys.

Thank you for reply. Yeah, we are trying our best to make the changes in the passport. But it has a lengthy process where we have to file a petetion in the court and get the court approval to make the changes. Did anyone has done this before? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dheera

I am afraid there is no shortcut for the modification.
The rule says : "Application for change in date of birth/place of birth is entertained only when it is accompanied by a court order issued by a judicial officer not below the rank of first class magistrate in India. (Process for the issue of a new passport booklet is to be followed) "

Hey Guys,

I have few questions in my mind, but m not sure what to do, is it a problem for f-1 visa student to apply for dv lottery. And i am still waiting for my result, hopefully i will get mine dv 2011. And what will be the process for a F-1 student to do once he got the won the lottery, do i have to go back home or i can do it right from here in U.S.

DV-2011 :) Applied - Waiting, hopefully sudipmuk and i will get it this year.