• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV question

michvin

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
I'm posting this question for somebody who won the greencard. I know nothing about the process, so please bear with me.
The lady won a greencard when she was out of status in US (overstayed her visa - I assume it was B2). Can she still get the greencard and what has to be done?
Thank you very much, She's quite desperate.

Hi.
I'm posting this question for somebody who won the greencard. I know nothing about the process, so please bear with me.
The lady won a greencard when she was out of status in US (overstayed her visa - I assume it was B2). Can she still get the greencard and what has to be done?
Thank you very much, She's quite desperate.

I think it depends on how long she over stayed.

I am dv 2008 and in one of the forms (i guess dsp122 part 2),overstaying by more than 180 days is criminal and deprives u of the right to a visa. I guess same will apply for obtaining a green card.

I am dv 2008 and in one of the forms (i guess dsp122 part 2),overstaying by more than 180 days is criminal and deprives u of the right to a visa. I guess same will apply for obtaining a green card.
Thank you guys. So after 180 days there's no chance? I'm afraid it was way more than that. I'll ask her.

it depends on which visa the woman came to the States. Unless you tell us - we can't help you.

in a case of a tourist visa, if she falls out of status, she cannot do DV AOS. If she accumulateds more than 180 days of illegal presense, she can't do DV consular processing either (since her ban on entering the US will be for 3-10 years).