• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV program eliminated

Mishel

Registered Users (C)
Only those who have got the 2nd letters will be called for interviews. All of the rest should forget they once got any NL.

Sadness and sorrows prevail.

Let this message board die.

Thank you Rajiv and LucyMo

DV elimination

dear friend
obviously u have no idea about this law , you only just scare people here ????
this law ( if takes place only ) will take effect 1/10/2006
thats mean all dv2006 AND 2007 is ok
america not in the ice age now

my dear

i cant follow your link because it may be deleted or updated
whatever , if you are right , that is mean no body after octoper 2005 will be interveiwed ..and this not happening , people untill this moment still recieving 2ed letter and be interveied ??

and if this date 10/2005 is the effective date thats mean the change have became a LAW , but until this moment in any governmental site , every thing seems ok and kcc still working and department of state announcing for dv2007 instructions and the immigration and citizenship act still working as before untill the president and senate sign the change

may be some misunderstands happened to you in this sec exactly , because the the mentioned change may be in word like AND in the text or delete one word like OR , or something like that and shall meaning (if approved )
i think the bill project has been made in march 2005 and the bill which we talking about was last friday ( which intoduced to senates ) and its effective date if approved is in octoper 2006 ( thats meaning after all visa 2006 are issued and dv2007 are notified but dv2008 which supposed to begin in octoper 2006 will cancel before anybody apply

my case no. 2006AF 39*** , so i have talked to an attorney in usa , he told me that nothing at all in usa history have taken in reversable way , if america or canada or any first world country invite you to join such lottry like in america and notified you that you win , and asked you to send it some forms and prepare your self for an interview , suddenly , we have changed our mind , every thing is cancelled !!!
they can do every thing in their country in the future not in the past

anyway , i hope good luck to everybody and dont be sad my dear .even if it is happen be sure that GOD will select the best for us and our future has been made by GOD not by america
my bes wichs
yours
znaty

lets hope

this 2006 dv is ok ,coz they told me that my case has been scheduled for feb and i will have the second letter in 2 weeks so we are safe......and relax have agood x- mass
:) their is always away

Lets hope this thing will not pass through.I am a beneficiary of the lottery and it has really assisted me and ....... i have no more words.
AMDT.650 (A013)
Amends: H.R.4437
Sponsor: Rep Goodlatte, Bob [VA-6] (offered 12/16/2005)
AMENDMENT DESCRIPTION:
Amendment eliminates the visa lottery program.

AMENDMENT PURPOSE:
An amendment numbered 1 printed in House Report 109-350 to eliminate the visa lottery program.

12/16/2005 3:11pm:
Amendment (A013) offered by Mr. Goodlatte. (consideration: CR H11940-11942, H11968-11969; text: CR H11940-11941)
12/16/2005 7:06pm:
On agreeing to the Goodlatte amendment (A013) Agreed to by recorded vote: 273 - 148 (Roll no. 653).

Last edited by a moderator: