• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery winners who are married meet here

ranaty2002

Registered Users (C)
This thread is for the winner who will go or has gone to the interview with the spouse. Please some of us need advice and information. Let's share experiences and advices. God bless

I'll be going for the interview with my husband in February 2011.please share ur advices and experiences.

married

i am a winner and will also be going with my husband in january.i will be prepared to give them details of our friendship and courtship.will go along with all pictures having both of us in it with relatives and friends,our marriage certificates,wedding photoes etc.

Hi

I went to the interview with my wife, who is a DV lottery winner. We have been married for ten years. Our interview was in London in August 2010. They didn't ask for any additional documents or evidence of marriage such as wedding photos etc. What you should bring with you to the interview are the documents listed in the NL. Naturally, marriage certificate is very important as it is the official document that proofs your marriage.

Because my wife is the DV lottery winner, she was asked lots of "tricky" questions in the interview. For example: when did you get your high school diploma? When I tried to help her, the officer got angry because I am not the winner but my wife is. Therefore, I shouldn't say anything and she must answer the questions correctly. Ok, that suited me fine.

Because my wife is the winner, they checked only her school diplomas. My wife had a high school diploma but she didn't have a document that would show the scores for each course she took in high school, so the officer became unsure if my wife's high school degree is comparable to that in the U.S. It turned out to be a problem, but we managed to sort that out. Then again, the officer started to hesitate about issuing the visa, as my wife has been house wife for the past ten years and she won't be working in the U.S. Our idea is that I will be working and she will stay home, taking care of our kids that we're planning to have after moving to the U.S.

At that point, I showed the officer my PhD diploma and a letter from my (non-US) employer explaining my position, salary and a work history of eight years in that organization. I believe there is a strong demand for my skills and experience in the U.S. and it seemed that the officer thought so, too. Once the officer saw these documents, she became convinced that my wife and I will not be a burden on U.S. social services and I will be able to get a job (and a salary) that enables our life in the United States. Only now I was allowed to speak on behalf of my wife, and the rest of the interview was between me and the officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a winner and will also be going with my husband in january.i will be prepared to give them details of our friendship and courtship.will go along with all pictures having both of us in it with relatives and friends,our marriage certificates,wedding photoes etc.

Ojaydan, i wish u all the best in ur interview i strongly believe that u will come out victorious. The Lord is with u in Jesus name. We did not have wedding we had a traditional marriage so we will be going with the pictures too. let me hear from u after the interview

Hi! I am Teka Cherenet from Ethiopia.
I was 2010 DV lottery winner with my wife & we just send the second document on june 2009 but we didn't get the last reply & we don't know whther we lost the chance or not so please if things didn't work as we expected tell us & start to live our normal life.
we need to know whether we are expected to wait for the reply or stop wishing it.
thank you.

Hi! I am Teka Cherenet from Ethiopia.
I was 2010 DV lottery winner with my wife & we just send the second document on june 2009 but we didn't get the last reply & we don't know whther we lost the chance or not so please if things didn't work as we expected tell us & start to live our normal life.
we need to know whether we are expected to wait for the reply or stop wishing it.
thank you.

Hi Teka,
I am also from Ethiopia. I am actually a dv 2011 winner.
DV 2010 has been officially closed on September 30, 2010. Your case number most probably was above 26,350 and KCC didn't asign an interview date for your case. Currently, kcc is processing dv 2011 and has gone almost one third of the way. I am really sorry to tell you that DV 2010 is done and you need to play DV 2013 next year if you have missed this year's DV 2012 lottery. I wish you all the best and good luck.

I did the interview with my wife a couple of years ago at the US Embassy in London. As my wife was the winner, I was only asked to confirm my name and date of birth and that was it. Was asked to step aside and the rest of the interview as conducted with my wife. No particular tricky questions were asked, as was the case with "dalmatian" - just straight forward questions about state we intended to move to, what kind of work she intended to do, when we intended to leave. We only carried along our marriage certificate, which was required, and which was also asked for. The whole interview lasted about 5 minutes and that was it.

Folks, I've just received my 2nd NL with my husband as beneficiary. I thank God so much. Please couples share ur experiences. Good luck 2 u all. Shalom!!

Folks, I've just received my 2nd NL with my husband as beneficiary. I thank God so much. Please couples share ur experiences. Good luck 2 u all. Shalom!!

Hi ranaty, congrats on your 2nd NL. As you applied on the eDV as single and got married after that, you need to prepare good proof that you really have a genuine marriage. Documents like joint bank statements, letters and e mails exchanged between you and your husband, photographs, and other similar helpful documents are needed. In addition, you and your husband should really know eachother very well. They may ask you some private questions like the names of his parents, where you two met for the first time, when he last saw your parents etc. I think they may ask you questions that you may not even know the answers. The best thing is you two sit down together, outline some ideal questions and figure out the answers for them and study those. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Labora, thank u very much 4 sharing this. As u rightly said we've got our marriage certificate ready and photos of our traditional marriage and photos before our marriage. With regards to letters, we used text msgs and e-mails so we don't have hard copy letters. I'm pregnant and likely 2 b delivered b4 d interview date. Can dat also serve as evidence? God bls u. Shalom!!

Labora, thank u very much 4 sharing this. As u rightly said we've got our marriage certificate ready and photos of our traditional marriage and photos before our marriage. With regards to letters, we used text msgs and e-mails so we don't have hard copy letters. I'm pregnant and likely 2 b delivered b4 d interview date. Can dat also serve as evidence? God bls u. Shalom!!

Having a baby is one positive point ant it definitely helps. Good luck.

Having a baby is one positive point ant it definitely helps. Good luck.

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

Has any couple gone 4 intaviu recently? Please share ur experiences. Gud luck to those going 4 interview in d next few days. Everything is under control. Shalom!!

Hi Ranaty2002,
i will be going for interview on 24th January.its already a victory.i will tell my story .How is the baby doing ,i pray for a safe delivery.cheers,God Bless