• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery & name change

Hi all - I have been using the xxxxxx website to apply for my family’s GC lottery and paid for a lifetime membership - but since I first registered in 2018 I have legal changed my first and middle names... is there a way to change this on the website or do I have to re-register?
Thanks

You really should cancel that ‘lifetime membership’ and be entering the DV lottery directly yourself. There’s no associated fee for applying on the official website. When you apply by yourself, you can at least ensure you’re provide your updated information, family member info (if that changes), current passport photo, etc.

By the way, I’ve edited your post by removing the name of that website which is not sanctioned by this forum.

You really should cancel that ‘lifetime membership’ and be entering the DV lottery directly yourself. There’s no associated fee for applying on the official website. When you apply by yourself, you can at least ensure you’re provide your updated information, family member info (if that changes), current passport photo, etc.

By the way, I’ve edited your post by removing the name of that website which is not sanctioned by this forum.
Thank you for your reply - what website do I use for a direct entry? Apologies for the site name thank you to editing it

Thank you for your reply - what website do I use for a direct entry? Apologies for the site name thank you to editing it

https://dvprogram.state.gov/
The entry form will be available during the next entry period, in early October (exact dates should be announced soon).
Be sure to cancel your agreement with this other website as duplicate entries will get you disqualified.

Hi all - I have been using the xxxxx website to apply for my family’s GC lottery and paid for a lifetime membership - but since I first registered in 2018 I have legal changed my first and middle names... is there a way to change this on the website or do I have to re-register?
Thanks
This has already been answered. But I would definitely cancel that membership. Granted DV entries now require passport information, which I imagine the agency does not have.

https://dvprogram.state.gov/
The entry form will be available during the next entry period, in early October (exact dates should be announced soon).
Be sure to cancel your agreement with this other website as duplicate entries will get you disqualified.
Also note one important way they pick up duplicate entries is facial recognition via the photos, so please don't think a name change or different photo will mean they don’t pick up a duplicate. So it’s very important to ensure the agency does not keep entering you.