• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery - how to rectify city & country of birth for my son in already selected DV Lottery ?

good_good

My wife's DV application got selected in DV Lottery 2016 as a principle applicant where me and my 13 year old son are as accompany members. We're only three members. We have done a mistake while submitting detail about our son's info in DV form. We mistakenly filled wrong City and Country as his birth place. Though I have my son’s passport which has USA's L2 visa (expired); which reflects his correct City and Country of his birth.
Please suggest me how can I get his birth and Country name corrected in his DV form so that we should not lose this golden opportunity ?
What is the possibility that we will get visa interview call in spite of this difference in birth place of my son? Or, If we get interview call, will the authority accept his correct birth place proof(passport) ?
Please shed some light .

This error will not lead to a denial since your wife, and not your son :), is the main selectee. You can always make the correction in this case on the DS form by putting the correct place of birth.

Hi Sm1smom,
We have committed on more mistake in DV application form: my wife typed her last name as KASHAYP instead of KASHYAP, mistakenly.
Will we get change to rectify this mistake now? What we should do next to correct this mistake ? Please suggest.

Thank you in advance !
good_good

We have committed on more mistake in DV application form: my wife typed her last name as KASHAYP instead of KASHYAP, mistakenly.
Will we get change to rectify this mistake now? What we should do next to correct this mistake ? Please suggest.

Some people enter multiple entries using slightly modified names as a way of cheating in the draw. As long as you only entered a single time you'll be fine, just correct on the DS-260.

Agree, Hence it would be fine, if a consular has his/her own way of identifying the duplicate by means of some computer process . Bu,t if duplicate decision is driven from communication, posture or interaction at the time of interview, then the decision is surely unpredictable. Because interpretation of an interaction might not be correct always. Hence an honest candidate will loose his opportunity which comes once in a decade or more !!
- Any idea about how consular could identify the duplicate or genuine ?

Also, please shed some light on my following curiosity:-
Q1) say my case no is AS50000897, does it mean that I will get my interview appointment in this sequence only ? Even though people having case number bigger than me submits Visa application before me ?

Q2) Should I submit DS-260 Visa Application now, or, should I contact any Immigrant attorney on this matter of mistakes in DV form. I don't see any advantageous input in contacting any attorney in this matter. But my wife is suggests to check if any way to write a well formatted letter to KCC (with the help of attorney) ; so that KCC can recognize our mistake and could send us Visa Interview confirmation !
Else KCC might not even send us visa interview confirmation if they finds these two mistakes are major mistake and will disqualify our application.

Experts, please suggest if I should straightway upload detail into DS-260 form or write to KCC before DS-260 application ?

I appreciate your response as it helps to decide my next step. Without this blog I am just in dark.
rgds,
good_good

@good_good,

Like @guestgulkan already responded, just go ahead and fill out the DS-260 form with the correct spelling. As long as you're certain the error wasn't an attempt at fooling the system (the error does look to me like a genuine transposition of letters), you should be okay.

You will be scheduled for your interview when your CN becomes current and if you submit your DS-260 form early enough for KCC to complete processing before your CN becomes current. If your CN becomes current but you did not submit your DS-260 form early enough for KCC to have completed the processing, then you may discover that people with higher CN than yours are getting scheduled for their interview while you're still waiting. That's why they encourage people to submit the DS form as soon as possible.

Don't waste your money contacting or hiring an attorney, there's nothing they can do for you that you can't do yourself with regards to your DV selection. My suggestion would be to go ahead, fill out your DS form with the correct information and spellings, and submit them. Feel free to come back to the forum and ask for further guidance as needed.

By the way, KCC does not disqualify people, regardless of the errors on the DS forms or the eDV registration itself. KCC will go ahead and schedule an interview, only the CO can disqualify or deny the applicant at the time of the interview.

That's a very low case number. Your number will be current in October. If you do consular processing, you need to get your DS260 submitted ASAP if you want an October interview. If you do AOS it is not as urgent but you may not get your interview as early as October due to the process - there is an AOS thread for all the details.

All a lawyer will do is cost you money and not change anything. KCC cannot change the details on the entry form,no matter how nicely you ask them, and only the interviewing officer at the consulate (.or USCIS office if you do AOS) can make a decision on the case.

KCC does not decide whether or not to send interview confirmation. If you send in a DS form, you get an interview.

hi i won green card dv lottery 2016 but the guy who fill out my aplication he put wrong city and address he put my new address and city i stay for now but in bith certificate is city different what should i do can i call KCC before apply ds-260 thanx!

hi i won green card dv lottery 2016 but the guy who fill out my aplication he put wrong city and address he put my new address and city i stay for now but in bith certificate is city different what should i do can i call KCC before apply ds-260 thanx!

It's no big deal, just correct it in the DS260.

She didn't misspell your and your son's last name though did she? Hoping for the best for you. Good luck!

Oh and I also don't think a lawyer is the way to go.

Hellow, am Daniel
My wife just completed the dvlottery application and mistakenly she selected Germany instead of Ghana for me( her spouse, am not the main applicant) as country of birth can it affect us if he is selected or just have to correct it on the DS260 form

Hey Hasharot, Did you get your visa?

Good_good, What about you? did you get your visa?