• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery first letter

Soni4unu

Hello All,

I got selected for DV2014 and my number is 1xxx but I have not received any email or paper mail from KCC so How do i proceed further sending forms to KCC.

Do I have to wait for letter from KCC or I have to print the confirmation from the dvlottery.state.gov.

If you have been selected you should have seen this:

Dear XXX,
You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Please print out this letter and take it with you to your visa interview.

Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance. The instructions are located on the Department of State website at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov.

Please be advised that your case will not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available. Once your interview is scheduled, you will receive a notification message at the e-mail address you provided when you submitted your initial application.

If it should be necessary to contact the Kentucky Consular Center about your case, you must always refer to your name and case number as they appear below. Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of all documents and correspondence sent to the Kentucky Consular Center.

I think this is self-explanatory. Check the website for selectees, print the forms (DSP-122 for the winner and DS-230 for the winner and each of the family members), fill them, add two photos for all applicants and the selectee confirmation letter with a barcode and finally send to KCC.

I think that should be all.

If you have been selected you should have seen this:

Dear XXX,
You have been randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014). Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Please print out this letter and take it with you to your visa interview.

Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing. Therefore, it is very important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance. The instructions are located on the Department of State website at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov.

Please be advised that your case will not be scheduled for an interview appointment until a visa number is available. Once your interview is scheduled, you will receive a notification message at the e-mail address you provided when you submitted your initial application.

If it should be necessary to contact the Kentucky Consular Center about your case, you must always refer to your name and case number as they appear below. Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of all documents and correspondence sent to the Kentucky Consular Center.

I think this is self-explanatory. Check the website for selectees, print the forms (DSP-122 for the winner and DS-230 for the winner and each of the family members), fill them, add two photos for all applicants and the selectee confirmation letter with a barcode and finally send to KCC.

I think that should be all.

that's true,no need to wait for e-mail from kcc,just go on as per instructions