• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Interview at U.S Consulate in Dakar, Senegal. Please share your Experience!

alphabah198

Registered Users (C)
Please share your experience at any US consulate around the world as well. This would enable prospective candidates to learn from each other.
Best of luck!

Challenger,
I am not the winner but my sister is, I am actually living in the United States , (Atlanta, Ga) I am a permanent resident of the U.S since 2007.
I'm trying to assist my sister in her interview preparation. She is actually in Guinea and plan to go to Dakar in early September for her medical exam and her interview thereafter.
She is nervous, and she is working hard to gather all necessary documents.
She already have a sponsor who signed an I -134 on her behalf on her children. Her husband was on the application but died in May, and we notified the consulate promptly. This was just a brief background on her case. One more thing , her CN is very high 2009AF00068XXX. Therefore let me know your experience as I see you are scheduled in August.
All I can advise you is make it simple get your docs in order and rest assured the U.S needs you more than you need it.
Best of luck!

thank you Alpha
I'm doing CP and i'm Dakar . I have already done my medicals , and I also have all the other required documents a part from the affidavid because I d'on't have PR person ,that's why I go with bank account .I pray Almighty God to help us get the visa .

Challenger,
Could you tell me how much it cost for the medical procedures and how long it takes to get it completed? And among the physician recommended by the consulate, which one did you selected ?

thank you Alpha
I'm doing CP and i'm Dakar . I have already done my medicals , and I also have all the other required documents a part from the affidavid because I d'on't have PR person ,that's why I go with bank account .I pray Almighty God to help us get the visa .

Hey guys,
Don't kill the forum, don't go private
I'll love to have your own experience
Alpha, good luck to your sister but i'll love to have her experience .

Boubs,
I will keep you updated as it develops. If I well understood, you are currently in the US with a student visa. If so , I was too. You must be very lucky, I stongly encourage you with the CP processing, it is quicker and less bureaucratic frenzies. I dealt with the USCIS in the past , I know what it took me to get a decision on my case. So keep up and hang on to this forum, it is very informative and help prospective interviewee not to make mistake others may have done in the past. Anyway, whether my sister passes the interview or not , I will let you guys know.
PS: By the way, Boubs where are you from?
Best of Luck!

Thanks ALPHA,
I'd love to have those precious information for my interview
yes I'm from Senegal.Good luck for your sister

Yes Alpha
Of course , for my family , I'll wait until I arrive in the U.S and apply for them to join me later even though that will take years . I sent you message in gmail box

Challenger,
my heart and prayers go with you...if you are to ask to choose wether you want to be interviewed by your work experience or education. It is better to choose the education part. Studies show that most people who had been successful have shown their credential through the education track instead of by work experience. It is also difficult to deny you given that you present your H.S diploma. However , you must still be able to describe your job if asked.
Good luck! Please share your experience afterward minute by minute...
Thanks!

Not so lucky DV winner

My mom had her interview today and the whole thing was denied on the grounds that when she played, she did not list her children. They argue that she only listed the children after she has been notified that she was one of the lucky winners. She claims she did list all her children when she played, but she did not keep the receipt that the player gave her. She wasn't expecting to win so she did not pay attention until she received the second letter whereon the KCC had determined that her youngest son, who was less than 21 at the time she played was a beneficiary....She rejoiced and got ready for the embassy... She borrowed money here and there to come up with the almost 3000 Dollars she needed to finalize her deal. When she got to the embassy, they took the money first, then the fingerprints: she was then told that she was disqualified because she did not list her sons initially... The KCC/Embassy had 6 months to notify her that she had a problem on her application, but not. They took the money first, and they denied the application... She is devastated, 3000 in debt, with no visa.. I have heard that these decisions are final, so I am desperate and completely down... Hope you guys are more lucky...

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom had her interview today and the whole thing was denied on the grounds that when she played, she did not list her children. They argue that she only listed the children after she has been notified that she was one of the lucky winners. She claims she did list all her children when she played, but she did not keep the receipt that the player gave her. She wasn't expecting to win so she did not pay attention until she received the second letter whereon the KCC had determined that her youngest son, who was less than 21 at the time she played was a beneficiary....She rejoiced and got ready for the embassy... She borrowed money here and there to come up with the almost 3000 Dollars she needed to finalize her deal. When she got to the embassy, they took the money first, then the fingerprints: she was then told that she was disqualified because she did not list her sons initially... The KCC/Embassy had 6 months to notify her that she had a problem on her application, but not. They took the money first, and they denied the application... She is devastated, 3000 in debt, with no visa.. I have heard that these decisions are final, so I am desperate and completely down... Hope you guys are more lucky...

balafa, sorry for what has happened to your mom. The sad part is the debt and the visa to go to America. All her plans and preparations has been in vain. Just reasure her that, that is not the end of the world, God may have something good for her in the near future. I know it will not be easy to forget all what has happened but I know God will open another way for her.

This is the kind of mistake that I adviced a forumer not to make and some guys were saying this is the best time to reveal the information. Once you have dependants and you omit them on the original application, there is no way they will be granted visas.

thursday , very in the morning at 6h30 am ,my wife and I went to the us embassy of dakar .we arrived at 6h45 and found there around 9 persons outside the embassy in rank .
At 7h30 , the guard ask us to enter the hall one by one ,so as they check our bags and other small relics . After the checking, one of the embassy worker (a senegalese girl) ask me to give her one photograph , what I did .She tell me to go on and take a seat with my wife waiting for our turn . the guarard inside gave us a ticket with rank number .About half an Hour , they call me at box 3 as indicated on the screen .I stood up and went there alone .
the Officiar (a woman): " good morning "
Me : " good morning "
the Officiar : "give me your passeport and all the documents ."
Me : "here you are ! "
the Officiar : " Do you have them all in order ? "
Me : "yes ! "
the Officiar checked all the documents and verified them , and said :" your host didnot give you the affidavit of support ?
Me : No , (but there was my bank account assert in the documents )
the Officiar : " Okay ! go and pay 775 US $ which is 389.000 frs cfa , at box 1 and come back .
Me : (I did it and gave her the pay ticket ) .
the Officiar : " have a seat there and wait for the interview "

twenty minutes later my name was called again at box 4 for the interview

the Officiar (this time a white man ) : " good morning "
Me : "good morning !"
Officiar :" is Mme X your mother , and Mr X your father ? "
Me : " yes ! "
Officiar : " when did you get your high school diploma ?"
Me : " "in the year 1998-1999"
Offciar : " I don't see your wife , why ? "
Me : yes , it's because that she can't go with me now ."
Officiar : "but she will do it later ? "
Me : "yes , of course ! "
Offciar :" you have a job , tell me about it ? "
Me : "yes ! it's about multimedia , websites creation , web marketing ,communication etc...
Offciar : it's okay come and take your passeport on thuesday at 2h30 am .

On the thuesday I came , and they gave me my passeport with the immagrant Visa and a big yellow enveloppe which I'll have to give at the port of entry once be in the us airport .

I wish the same thing to all my brothers and sisters here in the forum , specially for my dear friend Alpha for his sister and all her sons .

thank you for your help , this forum is wonderfull , it helped me a lot .
May Allah bless you !

Diam ak khéweul !

I so sorry about this case, but you should strenghten you mom and give her moral . May Almighty God help you find another opportunity and make it for all of you . peace and love

I'm so sorry about this case, but you should strenghten you mom and give her moral . May Almighty God help you find another opportunity and make it good for all of you . peace and love