• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV embassy interview supporting documents (education)

morganw

Hi !
My (lucky) number in DV2013 is inching towards possible interview at the embassy
for the greencard win.
I am from Zimbabwe but many years ago in a robbery my high school certificates
were stolen and I have been trying all manner and mean of things to get replacements
without luck - schools, college and ministry of education.
This pertains to the 12 year schooling clause

BUT - I did go to university in the UK - where my interview would happen.
Is the embassy likely to accept university degree (incl. transcripts) in lieu of a high school certificate?
It's a UK university Bachelors with Hons.
I also have my english teacher certficiate which I would probably work in in the US if
I get there.

Thanks your advice!
M.

Yes, if you produce all 4 at once
1. police report about your certificate being stolen, and
2. Written denial from school to issue a duplicate record or to confirm your original certificate was never issued, and
3. Written denial from the government authority that has all school record to issue a duplicate record or to confirm your original certificate was never issued, and
4. UK university diploma

You are all set

Last edited by a moderator:
I will reply with a similar answer posted for a similar thread in the forum :

The minimum requirements of entering the lottery is a HS diploma (or equivalent) or 2 years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years' training or experience. This is what the regulations of the program is stating. Apart from that, on the submission process, if I recall it, on the education part you are advised to write down the highest education you have achieved until that moment taking into account the requirements (see above)
Taking into account the regulations and the submitting process, the CO will be a bit circumspect when, reading your application and analyzing your documents, there will be a difference. Don't judge my opinion until considering the reason for this opinion : YOU ARE TO PROVIDE EXACT DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED ON THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
Now, taking into account that you have a higher degree from a UK university and you are interviewing in UK, that might help you and make the CO approve that documentation as a prove for your education (the chances are very high in my opinion). But as an advise to every person that will read this : PLEASE CONSIDER ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS BEFORE SUBMITTING TO THE PROCESS AND PROVIDE THE EXACT SAME THINGS AT THE INTERVIEW! ANY DISCORDANCE WITH THE INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION AND IS IN THE POWER OF THE CO TO FURTHER PROCESS THE APPLICATION OR DENY AND DISQUALIFY THE APPLICANT!
It is also very important : ANY DISQUALIFICATION FOR DISCORDANCE IN DOCUMENTS OR INFORMATION MAY LEAD TO A BAN FOR ENTERING US WITH ANY KIND OF VISA AND THIS BAN MY BE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS OR A LIFETIME BAN.

I am not duplicating , please review the post as I made some modification to accommodate my answer to this particular thread. (pay attention)

Still the same thing. Time passes, life goes on, new things happen, information change. That is normal. You should not have discrepanciesin previous biographical data. But you might have additional education you did not have bvefore.

When having additional education you didn't have before, is OK to have those accreditation with you to provide the CO with a better knowledge about yourself and prove him that your case is good and you will not become a public charge and you will be able to search and encounter a good job
But according to rules and regulations about the DV process, you have to provide prove of all documents and information that your first provided in the submission process.

you have to provide prove of all documents and information that your first provided in the submission process
Not at all. For instance, in electronic entry you mentioned you had Primary School only. Nobody will ask you to prove that at the interview