• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Case Number Questions

koolvaguy

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

How does the case numbering works with DV lottery? I know the DV visa cap is 50000 and i want experts suggestion on how case number works.

They select 100000, for the fiscal year and I see case number going beyond 50+K and sometimes in 60+K, so are case number is also random?

Per say AS50787, AF55000, EU60000, OC45000, my guess is these numbers are random too but being a novice on DV thing I would appreciate your inputs.

Blogs all over the internet say low number is good but I am not been able to justify the number scheme.

Thanks

I'm keen to hear answers from someone who really knows too - have spent hours reading forums and many (poorly written) websites - and I still don't know. There's a lot of conflicting advice out there.

It looks like maximum for Europe is about 32000. Not 60000. I strongly suspect that corresponds to the number of winners including family members.
The numbers themselves are also results of random draw.
Each winner (including family members) has a unique number and inside a family numbers go without gaps.

And nobody really knows.