• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2026 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Jarsh

Request information from Sm1smom: my brother who is going to complete his high school in May 2025, can he apply for DV 2026 as its application date is this year ? I am confused do they see the HS completion date at the time of applying or at the time of filing the AOS application (after the DV results)

High school must be completed at the time of interview. Actually technically it can be even after that as long as before the end of the FY as they can put you on AP pending completion.

High School Education or Equivalent:

(1) (U) You must adjudicate the DV applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. This information is not needed to enter the DV program or apply for a visa under the DV program, but the applicant must meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the visa interview, you should refuse the case under INA 203(c). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

And why is this thread titled 2026 AOS only thread, considering the question is about entry submission eligibility.

DV2026 is now open and in the questions :

12. What is the highest level of education you have achieved, as of today?
Primary school only
High School, no degree
High School degree
Vocational School
Some University Courses
University Degree
Some Graduate Level Courses
Master's Degree
Some Doctorate Level Courses
Doctorate Degree

You must have a minimum of a high school diploma reflecting the completion of a full course of study (vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable) or be a skilled worker in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to qualify (visit http://www.onetonline.org/ to see if your occupation qualifies) for a Diversity Visa.

as my brother is still in 12th grade what should we select ?