• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi mom,
Is it true that with a GC you are required to stay within USA for at least 6 months at any particular time before departing the country?

I know you cannot stay outside the country for more than 6 months unless you file for reentry paperwork.
The expectation is for a LPR to be residing in the US, if however you need to make a short trip outside the US, then you can do so at anytime. If you need to be gone for an extended period of time for like a year or more, applying for a re-entry permit is recommended as this helps demonstrate you have no intention of abandoning your LPR status.

It is a possibility with AOS. The region is not important for OC (or anyone really), what matters is per country limit - none of the OC countries have enough selectees for that to matter - or total limit, which is the only thing that will make a difference for an OC AOS. We did have a few cases in one year, a few years ago, where visas got exhausted near the end of the FY and those cases still waiting for AOS lost out. That said, it’s rare. One factor you might want to try figure out is whether your FO is one of those that tends to batch interviews near the end of the FY regardless of CN.
Sorry to ask a question for a post that is more than a year old. I'm trying to read previous experiences as much as I can and I wondered, is there a limit for countries when approving cases? I thought it has already been considered while selectees are being determined but I didn't think it is the case when processing AOS or CP cases.

You can get an idea from the history on the spreadsheet. There are no complete official statistics anywhere that are publicly available.
I understand the reason why the timelines spreadsheet is read only but it would have been so good to have at least filters on columns so that we can filter for FOs, dates or so. Would it be doable? Perhaps everyone can filter their's view so the spreadsheet stays the same for others (as in "see just mine" option when you try to filter an online spreadsheet). Thanks in advance!

I have a quick question on certified translation. I have my translations done by translator that has attached a piece of paper generally saying that translation is complete and accurate. and his signature on it. Is this enough for translation to be certified, or do i need to order some translation where a company seal or something like this would be in place - please help

Thanks

I have a quick question on certified translation. I have my translations done by translator that has attached a piece of paper generally saying that translation is complete and accurate. and his signature on it. Is this enough for translation to be certified, or do i need to order some translation where a company seal or something like this would be in place - please help

Thanks
USCIS asks for the translator's full name, address, and phone number and says the translation is complete and accurate. Followed by their signature.

Quick question: Do you get email notifications on my.uscis when your case proceeds or you need to manually check for updates?

Thanks.

hello
My number has become current. When do I pay the AOS fee? Do I pay it immediately? , or after I receive a response from KCC about my intention to switch to AOS ?

Thank you for your fast reply!
I checked the AOS process, but I didn't find information about when I am supposed to submit form I-485, would you please let me know when I am supposed to submit the form?

Thank you

Thank you for your fast reply!
I checked the AOS process, but I didn't find information about when I am supposed to submit form I-485, would you please let me know when I am supposed to submit the form?

Thank you
Really? You did not see that information on the spreadsheet? What does Step 10 say on the “AOS Process” tab/sheet of the spreadsheet say?

Hi everyone

I have a question about how to write a money order, for me "Principal", my wife, and my six-year-old child, for Form i-485, the amount is $1225 + $1225 + $750 for the child, how to write the money order, how to divide the amounts, regarding each applicant.?
Depending upon Money orders are typically capped at $1,000

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I have a question about how to write a money order, for me "Principal", my wife, and my six-year-old child, for Form i-485, the amount is $1225 + $1225 + $750 for the child, how to write the money order, how to divide the amounts, regarding each applicant.?
Depending upon Money orders are typically capped at $1,000

Thank you
You’ll need to get two separate money orders for yourself, two separate orders for your wife, and one for your child.

p.s. post your questions on the AOS 2024 thread.