• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Thanks for explaining what AP meant. Also when I requested the court documents from NSW courts they said they don't ever give out the originals and told me that i'll have to be happy with the electronic copy they provided me via email. I have the email from NSW courts to say they don't give out originals so hopefully that will suffice. @AusOC did you get questioned about your court documents?
No but I had the originals, which were actually just plain black and white printed papers from the court, nothing official looking.

I would just hand them what you have on the conviction WITHOUT the email re originals (as to not raise more questions). They want records of what happened I don't think it matters as much original v copy.

Thanks for explaining what AP meant. Also when I requested the court documents from NSW courts they said they don't ever give out the originals and told me that i'll have to be happy with the electronic copy they provided me via email. I have the email from NSW courts to say they don't give out originals so hopefully that will suffice. @AusOC did you get questioned about your court documents?
Hi Shezza, for mine, I received them by email though I asked for the court to send me a copy with a Court Stamp and signed. I suspect yours looks the same as mine and its very basic...

Also - I got my documents from the local courthouse which I attended - not NSW courts

I can't speak for NSW, but can't see why NSW would be any different from Qld, but in Qld a Qld Justice of the Peace (JP) can certify a download as a true copy, their JP stamp actually says something like "I certify this document is a true copy of an original document/download (they cross out which one doesn't apply) which I have sighted".

My sentencing transcript was a PDF attachment to a government email, so what I did was I took my laptop to the Magistrates Court, had the JP view the email and open the PDF attachment, then stamp my printer copy of the PDF attachment as a certified copy of a download he had sighted.

So simply put, you need to find out if a NSW JP can certify a printed copy of a document as a true copy of an electronic download they have sighted.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022

No but I had the originals, which were actually just plain black and white printed papers from the court, nothing official looking.

I would just hand them what you have on the conviction WITHOUT the email re originals (as to not raise more questions). They want records of what happened I don't think it matters as much original v copy.
@AusOC That's a good point, i'll probably just do that and only if they do question me about my originals i'll just show them a printout of the email from NSW courts saying they don't give out originals. @090521@0411 I may just do that as well to see if i can get a JP to certify the copies of my court documents just as back up of course. Thanks for the suggestion. @AUDV2022 I may ask the courts to see if they can do that too.

Bula,

Just picked up my passport with immigration package from the embassy. Case # 2022OC16xx.

I would like to thank members here and especially @Britsimon for providing useful informations that helped me during this entire process.

For other members still in this all the very best and don’t give up.

Thanks

A3157801-32AD-4196-82EB-0B796D6A5255.jpeg
Getting Medical’s done in Sydney Hunter Street. Note that Dr. Rosemary has moved to a new surgery called “Medical One”.

@090521@0411 and Rk2022, how long did you have to wait until after your interview for your passport to be ready?

My application was refused at interview and placed into AP, so my passport was returned to me as I needed it to fly back to Australia the next day. Suva has told me I can courier my passport back to them if my application is approved.

Other members have reported in this thread their cases were approved on the spot and their passports with visa were returned that same afternoon or the next day.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding education documents.

I have a high school transcript and a university transcript. Do I need to show my university diploma as well? Or are transcripts enough?

Thanks!

My application was refused at interview and placed into AP, so my passport was returned to me as I needed it to fly back to Australia the next day. Suva has told me I can courier my passport back to them if my application is approved.

Other members have reported in this thread their cases were approved on the spot and their passports with visa were returned that same afternoon or the next day.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
Did you end up getting approved?

2 weeks?? Damnn. Mind if I ask if they gave you any reason as to why it took so long?
I know in the instructions it says 1-2 weeks but all others I’d heard from so far we’re ready within 1-2 days.
yeah, that's what I'm expecting if approved: 1-2 days based on what others have said which is important for me flying in from AUS and then scheduled to fly back 4-5 days after the interview

Did you end up getting approved?
Still on AP as of today, CEAC was updated yesterday and it's still in AP, almost 2 weeks now.

Suva said they had to check with Sydney regarding my education evidence, couldn't get a copy of my QCE (Qld year 12 certificate) because the agency that issues the QCE, the QCAA, was flooded in the February 2022 Brisbane floods, and, I have a 20 year old customs conviction.

I had a signed letter from the QCAA complete with reference number and telephone and government email contact details confirming I have completed all studies and qualify for the QCE and inviting and reader of the letter to contact QCAA, so hopefully Suva or Sydney will contact the QCAA. I also qualify on employment, which I advised Suva, however they have not requested any employment evidence, I don't know what happens there if education is not accepted/confirmed, am I meant to fly back to Suva for another interview to make submissions on my employment?

I'm not concerned over the conviction, it's 20 years old, was a fine, maximum penalty possible was a fine and it's not a CIMT.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding education documents.

I have a high school transcript and a university transcript. Do I need to show my university diploma as well? Or are transcripts enough?

Thanks!
Suva asks you bring your original and photocopies of academic certificates and transcripts. So both, also good to over prepare and take everything incase anyway. Better off taking something and not needing it, rather than not taking it and finding out you do need it

Still on AP as of today, CEAC was updated yesterday and it's still in AP, almost 2 weeks now.

Suva said they had to check with Sydney regarding my education evidence, couldn't get a copy of my QCE (Qld year 12 certificate) because the agency that issues the QCE, the QCAA, was flooded in the February 2022 Brisbane floods, and, I have a 20 year old customs conviction.

I had a signed letter from the QCAA complete with reference number and telephone and government email contact details confirming I have completed all studies and qualify for the QCE and inviting and reader of the letter to contact QCAA, so hopefully Suva or Sydney will contact the QCAA. I also qualify on employment, which I advised Suva, however they have not requested any employment evidence, I don't know what happens there if education is not accepted/confirmed, am I meant to fly back to Suva for another interview to make submissions on my employment?

I'm not concerned over the conviction, it's 20 years old, was a fine, maximum penalty possible was a fine and it's not a CIMT.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
Hey there.
So you were refused because you didn't have the original of your year 12 certificate?

Suva asks you bring your original and photocopies of academic certificates and transcripts. So both, also good to over prepare and take everything incase anyway. Better off taking something and not needing it, rather than not taking it and finding out you do need it
Suva may ask for these documents and photocopies, but at my interview, despite taking everything I had, and, as requested, photocopies of my passport, birth certificate, AFP police certificate and education evidence, when I was called to the window all they wanted was the originals.

Then, when they handed my originals back after I was advised my case was on AP, my original AFP Police certificate was also handed back. I was exhausted so went back to my hotel for a sleep as I was flying out the next day. When I woke early the next morning there was an email from Suva sent later the previous afternoon asking me to bring the original AFP police certificate back.

This created a security nightmare, as I had checked out and had my luggage with me. Security (as I expected) would not allow luggage into the embassy, and did not want it in the car park, i can't and won't fault of embassy on that, there are serious security concerns why as has been previously demonstrated at other US embassies. I was prepared to stand out on Princess Rd with my luggage whilst someone took the police certificate inside, no one was prepared to do that, meanwhile my taxi driver's meter was running, and I was not prepared to leave my luggage on the footpath unattended whilst I went inside the embassy as it contained valuables, including my laptop, which also could not be taken inside the embassy.

Eventually, after security ran explosive detection wands over my luggage, security agreed to guard my luggage in front of the embassy while I went back inside to deliver the police certificate, back at the same window i had delivered it to the day before for my interview.

For those of you who have already interviewed at Suva you all know that's going through multiple buildings, multiple security checkpoints and multiple metal detectors.

Moral to this story, insist on supplying the photocopies Suva asks for on their website, even if they don't ask for them at the interview, and make sure they keep the original police certificate at the interview, even if it is blank.

-----------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021