• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2021 SA / South America Selectees

im SA41XX really nervous for the high numer :( maybe will get a change, dont know

Just relax and keep your life as normal, we cannot do anything about the result at this point so let’s avoid overthinking of what we cannot control.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst...

Just relax and keep your life as normal, we cannot do anything about the result at this point so let’s avoid overthinking of what we cannot control.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst...

you are right JOSCOK! where can I find a list of necessary documents that I need for the interview? to make them prepare and translate?

you are right JOSCOK! where can I find a list of necessary documents that I need for the interview? to make them prepare and translate?
Did you not follow the link from your selection letter fully? There are detailed instructions from that on the entire process, from what to do immediately after selection all the way to after your interview and all the steps in between, including all the documents you will need, as well as any instructions that may be specific to the embassy you will interview at. If you haven’t read all these yet please slow down and read everything thoroughly before rushing to fill in forms, etc.

Slight correction on this, unless the DS160 form has changed the actual question is whether anyone has filed an immigrant petition for you, to which the answer (if all that has happened is DS260 submission) is actually no. Of course though, they will know you’ve filed it anyway so the question of immigrant intent will almost certainly arise at interview. It may be a reason for denial, it may not (speaking as someone who personally has successfully reapplied for a B visa in the past after an immigrant petition had been filed) - it depends on your circumstances. The main point though is what you are correct to be worried about - that the burden is on the applicant to prove non immigrant intent, and that is much harder if you have filed a DS260.

If I already submitted my DS-260 many weeks ago, will this complicate my entry to US in December when I was planning to travel with my family using my B1/B2?

I was reading online that I might get my B1/B2 cancelled at entry since I already filled the DS-260 and this proves immigrant intent, is this right? And if this is right, when will I be able to travel for tourism again?

If I already submitted my DS-260 many weeks ago, will this complicate my entry to US in December when I was planning to travel with my family using my B1/B2?

I was reading online that I might get my B1/B2 cancelled at entry since I already filled the DS-260 and this proves immigrant intent, is this right? And if this is right, when will I be able to travel for tourism again?
I don’t know. I entered on a B visa after submitting my DS230 (precursor to the DS260) and had no issues. Make sure you carry enough proof to show you will be returning home again after the trip. There is a difference between immigrant intent in general, and having immigrant intent on that particular trip. Many people enter on tourist visits while awaiting processing for various immigrant visas, including “shorter term” processing ones like DV and fiancé/spouse of citizen. The ones who get refused are those who can’t prove to CBP they will return home after that trip and process their visas at their consulate when the time comes.

I don’t know. I entered on a B visa after submitting my DS230 (precursor to the DS260) and had no issues. Make sure you carry enough proof to show you will be returning home again after the trip. There is a difference between immigrant intent in general, and having immigrant intent on that particular trip. Many people enter on tourist visits while awaiting processing for various immigrant visas, including “shorter term” processing ones like DV and fiancé/spouse of citizen. The ones who get refused are those who can’t prove to CBP they will return home after that trip and process their visas at their consulate when the time comes.

In Feb/2021 my B visa will expired and I was thinking to wait and see what will happen with the DV first (as my CN is high SA40XX) and try to renew after June/2021 if really needed, when I get a more clear picture about the whole DV process for FY2021.

I thought the DS260 could be an issue just to “renew” the NIV but never that this will be an issue with a valid visa.

I normally travelled more than 10 times a year to USA since many many years ago. If I don’t get called for an interview, the fact that I sent the DS260, will become an issue forever? Or just for some time and get expired or something at CBP system?

In case I don’t get the DV interview I was thinking to apply for L1/EB5 visa since I have a company in my country and I wanted to open a branch in US, but now I’m even more worried that “trying” to enter with my B1/B2 this Dev, while waiting for DV2021 result, could result of CBP to cancelling my B Visa and not allowing me to enter and even damage my chances later for L1.

Thanks for your advices!

In Feb/2021 my B visa will expired and I was thinking to wait and see what will happen with the DV first (as my CN is high SA40XX) and try to renew after June/2021 if really needed, when I get a more clear picture about the whole DV process for FY2021.

I thought the DS260 could be an issue just to “renew” the NIV but never that this will be an issue with a valid visa.

I normally travelled more than 10 times a year to USA since many many years ago. If I don’t get called for an interview, the fact that I sent the DS260, will become an issue forever? Or just for some time and get expired or something at CBP system?

In case I don’t get the DV interview I was thinking to apply for L1/EB5 visa since I have a company in my country and I wanted to open a branch in US, but now I’m even more worried that “trying” to enter with my B1/B2 this Dev, while waiting for DV2021 result, could result of CBP to cancelling my B Visa and not allowing me to enter and even damage my chances later for L1.

Thanks for your advices!

You're building this up into a mountain. It's a molehill. Relax.

I’m from Venezuela my case number is 2021SA28xx with 1 derivative. The 13/08 I got an email from KCC asking to send them the DV Documents

Recomiendo colocar también texto en español para aquellos que no manejamos mucho el idioma !! Saludos y esperando contar con la programación de la cita

Last edited:
Hello guys, i got an email from KCC asking for the documentation... long story short: i did sent the documentation but they get back to me asking for further documentation...

´After reviewing your documents, KCC has determined that you have not sent the required documents for review. Please review the required documents listed below and verify that you have submitted all required documents.´

I did sent
1. Passport biopage for my wife, my son and myself
2. Birth certificate for my wife, my son and myself
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Police certificate for my wife and myself from both Venezuela (country of nationality) and Argentina (country of current residence) (my son is under 16)

Any idea what am i missing?

Hello guys, i got an email from KCC asking for the documentation... long story short: i did sent the documentation but they get back to me asking for further documentation...

´After reviewing your documents, KCC has determined that you have not sent the required documents for review. Please review the required documents listed below and verify that you have submitted all required documents.´

I did sent
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Police certificate for my wife and myself from both Venezuela (country of nationality) and Argentina (country of current residence) (my son is under 16)

My guess would be translations, or perhaps some issue with the scan. Also make sure your whole package of documents is less than 25meg.

My guess would be translations, or perhaps some issue with the scan. Also make sure your whole package of documents is less than 25meg.

Ok I will check scans quality. I didnt upload any translations because my understanding is that because im apply vía Argentina and eventually the interview will be here, documents in spanish are ok, right?

Ok I will check scans quality. I didnt upload any translations because my understanding is that because im apply vía Argentina and eventually the interview will be here, documents in spanish are ok, right?
Correct, but do make sure documents are well named if there are no translations. Just imagine someone has to check all documents are there, but they can't read the documents. Its about being very clear.

I did sent
3. Marriage certificate.

Did you check out the police certificate requirements? Look at /diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

Have long have you've been living in Arg? If it's more than 6 months I think you need to send Argentina (Renaper) police certificate for you and your wife

Good morning friends there is a group of whats app for region SA who wants to participate write to the private. We are already 63 participants