• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Wow so only 31% of the remaining Goodluck plaintiffs will get their visas?! I’d assume it would go by case number or order of being DQ perhaps?

I’m not a plaintiff, just curious. Definitely bummed to be one of the 80ish OC people who were robbed of their scheduled SYD interviews with this locky-d. What a turn of events. Trying to laugh at it ha ha haaa :/
I feel your pain, same situation robbed, but I become a plaintiff as an insurance policy. So annoyed early July was the interview, Im now concerned because I asked to transfer consulates which my case has both Ready and In transit, not clue what issues that could cause.

I feel your pain, same situation robbed, but I become a plaintiff as an insurance policy. So annoyed early July was the interview, Im now concerned because I asked to transfer consulates which my case has both Ready and In transit, not clue what issues that could cause.
I’ll put the positive vibes out for you! You’re an early enough case number to be scheduled so you should be top of the list.
How early did you get on the lawsuit? I just always had faith Sydney would open (which it did) and then NOT SHUT DOWN AGAIN hahaha.

Were lawyers making sure they had a selection across different countries or was it just first in, best dressed. Interesting if it was the latter because it won’t technically be diverse haha ;)

I’ll put the positive vibes out for you! You’re an early enough case number to be scheduled so you should be top of the list.
How early did you get on the lawsuit? I just always had faith Sydney would open (which it did) and then NOT SHUT DOWN AGAIN hahaha.

Were lawyers making sure they had a selection across different countries or was it just first in, best dressed. Interesting if it was the latter because it won’t technically be diverse haha ;)
The day goodluck opened I signed up, even being DQ, I almost considered GOH. Yea I am unsure on how diverse it will be, I had some faith in the process, but no faith in the Australian Politicians, with Gladdas resigning at least I feel a bit better.

I am curious tho if its based on DQ qualified, how well im positioned, I held off submitting DS260 until Jan, and was DQ early March. So I guess that could be the deciding factor

Last edited:
The day goodluck opened I signed up, even being DQ, I almost considered GOH. Yea I am unsure on how diverse it will be, I had some faith in the process, but no faith in the Australian Politicians, with Gladdas resigning at least I feel a bit better.

I am curious tho if its based on DQ qualified, how well im positioned, I held off submitting DS260 until Jan, and was DQ early March. So I guess that could be the deciding factor
It's obviously all speculative at this point but of Goh plaintiffs it doesn't seem like there are actually that many people who are DQ. Who knows what will happen:s

Im not a plaintiff and have lost out in this situation. I've taken the day to process the order from the judge and can now say I am relieved to be getting off this emotional roller coaster. Even for plaintiffs, the roller coaster will continue and the visa isn't guaranteed but I hope it is all worth it in the end and you do get a visa! I can safely say I am scarred from this process and really not sure I want to go through it again. Going to look at other ways to get over there and hope that the process is much smoother.

Best of luck everyone for your journey to the US and I really do hope the best for all of you. Thanks for being on the journey with me!

@LueyG @Green&Gold Keep us up to date when you hear about what's happening with your respective lawsuits. If you were scheduled for an interview, then I'd say you would definitely be at the top of the list.

@LueyG @Green&Gold Keep us up to date when you hear about what's happening with your respective lawsuits. If you were scheduled for an interview, then I'd say you would definitely be at the top of the list.
I planned to update when i heard something. Currently in the process of trying for an E3 visa. So I will be able to post any experience I have with difficulties of Immigration intent and a non immigrant visa.

Absolutely will, I think it's gonna be a bit of time before we have an idea, even in Goh! I hope something works out for you soon!!

I can only add the following as I just found out. AOS statuses were not protected in the lawsuit. So if I am to continue down an E3 pathway, I will have to leave the US to be interviewed. Really puts things in a bind.

In case you aren't following too closely. Goh cases may be interviewed in a few weeks (waiting on appeals and logistics). The GL case has visas reserved, BUT the case itself is not fully resolved yet and is currently scheduled for an April conslusion, so GL cases won't process until summer next year - and will probably continue for some months.

In terms of priority order, the most likely thing is date of DQ, but it could be case number - we will have to see. JM did not specifiy the order in the Goh final order.

Chuck Kuck is thinking the 481 is more than all the DQ cases, so there may be some cases that are not DQ'd that get a chance - but again, not clear on the ordering of how that will be done.

We arrived!

Just thought we’d update others on the arrival process as we arrived this week. It was pretty simple.

Arrived into LAX, not sure if it was due to low arrival numbers or covid 19 but there was only one line (everyone - citizens, visa holders, tourists etc had to go to one line).

There were still a lot of counters working though. Once we got to a counter the girl took our brown envelopes, opened them and checked everything was there. We changed our address on our USCIS account weeks ago but when she checked the address it was the old one, so she updated it to the new one. Lucky she asked and checked. They took our photo but no fingerprints (however we did provide them several times at the consulate interview).

That was it, she said welcome to the US, explained that our green card should arrive within 90 days and if it doesn’t by then to call. Also explained that the stamped visa is proof of status for one year so use that to show proof of residency status etc. until the physical green card arrives.

the whole process from getting off the plane to getting in the Uber was about 15-20 minutes.

Now it’s just running around doing all the admin and settling in stuff plus getting over jet lag.

Thanks everyone who’s contributed on this forum as it helped through the whole process. And good luck to everyone still waiting through the lawsuits, really hope you have every success and hope you are able to get to interview and get the visa.

We arrived!

Just thought we’d update others on the arrival process as we arrived this week. It was pretty simple.

Arrived into LAX, not sure if it was due to low arrival numbers or covid 19 but there was only one line (everyone - citizens, visa holders, tourists etc had to go to one line).

There were still a lot of counters working though. Once we got to a counter the girl took our brown envelopes, opened them and checked everything was there. We changed our address on our USCIS account weeks ago but when she checked the address it was the old one, so she updated it to the new one. Lucky she asked and checked. They took our photo but no fingerprints (however we did provide them several times at the consulate interview).

That was it, she said welcome to the US, explained that our green card should arrive within 90 days and if it doesn’t by then to call. Also explained that the stamped visa is proof of status for one year so use that to show proof of residency status etc. until the physical green card arrives.

the whole process from getting off the plane to getting in the Uber was about 15-20 minutes.

Now it’s just running around doing all the admin and settling in stuff plus getting over jet lag.

Thanks everyone who’s contributed on this forum as it helped through the whole process. And good luck to everyone still waiting through the lawsuits, really hope you have every success and hope you are able to get to interview and get the visa.

Which city did you choose?

Which city did you choose?

We’re still undecided if we want to settle in Los Angeles or Orlando as we love both. So have a few weeks in LA to get everything sorted out and see what we think of living here before we make the decision.

Also for anyone taking pets over from Australia I can highly recommend Jetpets. They brought our two dogs and they did everything from start to finish, all we had to do was drop them off and pick them up.

We were pretty worried because of such a long flight (they had to fly to Brisbane first and then fly from Brisbane to LAX a few days later) but Jetpets gave us updates along the way via text, email and with photos.

They arrived Saturday were very relaxed and were clearly well looked after.

I wonder when the Sydney consulate will open. Seems strange still not open, I thought it’d happen at 70% but doesn’t seem so

Hi there,

I was just wondering what the experience was like for people who have entered the states on a temporary green card entry visa (from winning lottery). I have three questions:

1. What happens when you enter through immigration. Do you just give them your visa package and then they take you for an interview? What do they ask and how long does it take? Should I have any specific information prepared?

2. What was the time-frame for receiving the physical green card (I believe you do not have to do anything to get this and they just send it to your designated address in the mail - can you confirm)?

3. How soon after you enter the country do they issue you with an SSN card and do you have to do anything to be issued with one? Make an application or schedule an interview or something along those lines?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I was just wondering what the experience was like for people who have entered the states on a temporary green card entry visa (from winning lottery). I have three questions:

1. What happens when you enter through immigration. Do you just give them your visa package and then they take you for an interview? What do they ask and how long does it take? Should I have any specific information prepared?

2. What was the time-frame for receiving the physical green card (I believe you do not have to do anything to get this and they just send it to your designated address in the mail - can you confirm)?

3. How soon after you enter the country do they issue you with an SSN card and do you have to do anything to be issued with one? Make an application or schedule an interview or something along those lines?

Thank you!
1. It’s not an interview, just processing your documents, taking photos etc, can take anything from 5 minutes to an hour or more depending how busy the airport/CBP are.
2. Generally 1-3 months. Yes you do have to do something, you need to pay the immigrant fee before or soon after you arrive or you will not in fact get a plastic green card.
3. If you check on your DS260 that you want one issued it should be done automatically. it usually comes within 2 weeks of entry, not sure about pandemic effects now. If you haven’t checked the box then you will need to go into an SSA office with your passport and stamped visa/temp i551 and apply.

1. It’s not an interview, just processing your documents, taking photos etc, can take anything from 5 minutes to an hour or more depending how busy the airport/CBP are.
2. Generally 1-3 months. Yes you do have to do something, you need to pay the immigrant fee before or soon after you arrive or you will not in fact get a plastic green card.
3. If you check on your DS260 that you want one issued it should be done automatically. it usually comes within 2 weeks of entry, not sure about pandemic effects now. If you haven’t checked the box then you will need to go into an SSA office with your passport and stamped visa/temp i551 and apply.
Hi Susie,

I've been following this forum for over a year now and have come across all of your great advice. I also have some questions about new immigration that I'm hoping you would be able to assist with?

I have a connecting flight from LAX, so I presume I do the interview when I arrive at LAX and should allow for enough time before my connecting flight departs?

I checked the box for my green card to be delivered, that address has since changed, do I contact the Embassy prior to my departure or I can update a new address when I arrive?

Once arrived in the US are there any restrictions and timelines as to how soon you can travel internationally for a holiday?

I am currently due to arrive 3 days prior to my visa entry expiry, would this cause any issues, or its fine to enter right up until the expiry date?

Thanks so much!