• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2021 Change interview location

wowongng

Hi everyone~I come from Hong Kong and so lucky to be selected in DV-2021 program (case number: 2021AS0000XXXX)
I am now 26 (a degree holder) and will study in Taiwan from September (2 months later).
Few days ago I started typing my DV-260, and I am now regret to choose Hong Kong as my interview location due to inconvenience.
Right now I am unable to choose Taiwan as my interview location....but the form is not submitted yet. I send emails to KCC but receiving same replies (Once the DS-260 for the Principal Applicant has been submitted, the Interview Location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)...) Embassy refuses to answer my question.
My question is: Should I submit DV-260 right now and then ask KCC to adjust my interview location? Will KCC ask me to fill in a new DV-260? Is oversea studying a strong reason?
Thank you so much!

You’ll need to complete and submit the DS260 form first in order for KCC to accommodate the interview location change request. They will need to see your address in Taiwan listed on the DS260 form before the request gets accepted. It cannot be based on a future/planned/potential move.

So you might as well wait until after your move to Taiwan before submitting the DS260 form and subsequently reaching out to KCC for interview location change.

You’ll need to complete and submit the DS260 form first in order for KCC to accommodate the interview location change request. They will need to see your address in Taiwan listed on the DS260 form before the request gets accepted. It cannot be based on a future/planned/potential move.

So you might as well wait until after your move to Taiwan before submitting the DS260 form and subsequently reaching out to KCC for interview location change.

I see. Probably I will submit the form earlier to make better arrangement.
One more thing, is it necessary to submit a police certificate from Hong Kong even I move to Taiwan?
Thankssss

I see. Probably I will submit the form earlier to make better arrangement.
One more thing, is it necessary to submit a police certificate from Hong Kong even I move to Taiwan?
Thankssss

Please ensure you read the instructions thoroughly so that you don’t inadvertently miss something out. Police certificates are required since age 16 for each place you have lived a year or longer, or have lived 6 months or longer if either your country of nationality or current place of residence.

Please ensure you read the instructions thoroughly so that you don’t inadvertently miss something out. Police certificates are required since age 16 for each place you have lived a year or longer, or have lived 6 months or longer if either your country of nationality or current place of residence.
My bad, it is a stupid question
If I decide not to come back HK anymore, can I submit my police certificate earlier (which means before moving to Taiwan)?

My bad, it is a stupid question
If I decide not to come back HK anymore, can I submit my police certificate earlier (which means before moving to Taiwan)?

Again, this issue is addressed in the instructions for selectees. As I asked before, please read them. By all means ask for clarification if there is something you don’t understand in there, but we aren't here to reinvent the wheel by answering questions that are all clearly already answered in the instructions linked from your selection letter.