• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Same photo

mhmdsy

Someone has submitted for me, but he entered my full name in wrong order: entered my mother's name as Last name, my father's and last name as middle name. He also missed a letter from my last name.
Now, what should I do?
Wait results and may not accepted later although the photo is correct or resubmit with correct data myself?
2018, Oct 5th

Do NOT resubmit. If you are selected, you can correct the name problem. If you resubmit you will have created double entries, you will be disqualified, and could get "marked" as someone who submits double entries.

Sorry, but you’re already basically disqualified. If the name is wrong then if you are selected you will be disqualified, and if you try to enter again the photo will be flagged on the facial recognition software (even if it’s a different photo of you) and disqualify you as a duplicate entry.

You clearly have access to the internet if you’re posting here, why on earth did you not do it yourself?

Do NOT resubmit. If you are selected, you can correct the name problem. If you resubmit you will have created double entries, you will be disqualified, and could get "marked" as someone who submits double entries.
How can they know that I dublicated although the names are different?

Dubious assertion? We’ve seen people disqualified for wrong name order before.

Sorry, but you’re already basically disqualified. If the name is wrong then if you are selected you will be disqualified, and if you try to enter again the photo will be flagged on the facial recognition software (even if it’s a different photo of you) and disqualify you as a duplicate entry.

You clearly have access to the internet if you’re posting here, why on earth did you not do it yourself?
I didn't think that is so easy

If I'm selected, how to correct?

This is off the Ethiopian US embassy website, but while it may have Ethiopian specific things (like the Ethiopian equivalence for education), bear in mind the basic qualifying rules are applied the same everywhere.

Make sure your DV application is completely correct! Inaccurate information on your application will result in automatic disqualification. Make sure your name, date of birth and all other required information pertaining to you and your family are correctly entered in your original dv application. Make sure the photos attached to your application are your photos. If you use an internet café or other service to help you enter the diversity visa program, make sure the information is exactly correct and there are no mistakes.
https://et.usembassy.gov/important-...-consider-diversity-visa-application-process/

Dubious assertion? We’ve seen people disqualified for wrong name order before.

We have also seen numerous cases where people corrected their name on the DS260 and were approved. Certain embassies (Ghana comes to mind) will often reject in that case however.

BUT the main point is that since this is a lottery with a low chance of winning, this will probably never be a problem for the OP since he is unlikely to be selected.

We have also seen numerous cases where people corrected their name on the DS260 and were approved. Certain embassies (Ghana comes to mind) will often reject in that case however.

BUT the main point is that since this is a lottery with a low chance of winning, this will probably never be a problem for the OP since he is unlikely to be selected.

With both wrong order and spelling error, for the principal? I don’t think I’m aware of any cases like that much less numerous - are these on your blog? Ghana or not, those seem much more likely to be denied.

With both wrong order and spelling error, for the principal? I don’t think I’m aware of any cases like that much less numerous - are these on your blog? Ghana or not, those seem much more likely to be denied.

All sorts of name problems, yes. The name on this case sounds like the Spanish style name where they take one name from each parent. In those cases, there are two last names but people are often confused how to write them.

In terms of numbers, I suspect I have told people to correct their names on the DS260 (i.e. different to the entry with various errors) literally hundreds of times over the last few years. I rarely hear from someone subsequently denied for the name issue, and if I do, it is typically from one of the "tougher" embassies (dealing with high fraud levels).

Similarly dates of births are often messed up (somehow people don't know their date of birth, or convert the dates wrong, or get birth certs and find they have a different birthdate than they thought). Again, the advice I give is get it right on the DS260 - and again, not many cases come back saying that advice didn't work.

Now, any time I give advice that doesn't work, I do generally hear from people. They are always generous with that feedback. So - I am pretty much certain I would be hearing from MANY more people if advice about correcting the name was failing.

Ok, interesting. Also re amazing how many people don’t seem able to read instructions.
Most of the time I’ve seen people talk about it on the forum, especially as PA, it’s been denials.

All sorts of name problems, yes. The name on this case sounds like the Spanish style name where they take one name from each parent. In those cases, there are two last names but people are often confused how to write them.

In terms of numbers, I suspect I have told people to correct their names on the DS260 (i.e. different to the entry with various errors) literally hundreds of times over the last few years. I rarely hear from someone subsequently denied for the name issue, and if I do, it is typically from one of the "tougher" embassies (dealing with high fraud levels).

Similarly dates of births are often messed up (somehow people don't know their date of birth, or convert the dates wrong, or get birth certs and find they have a different birthdate than they thought). Again, the advice I give is get it right on the DS260 - and again, not many cases come back saying that advice didn't work.

Now, any time I give advice that doesn't work, I do generally hear from people. They are always generous with that feedback. So - I am pretty much certain I would be hearing from MANY more people if advice about correcting the name was failing.
My correct name is MOHAMED FAISAL AL KAWAN.
He entered it as MOHAMED ALKWAN FAISAL NASRA.
NASRA is my mom.
Mistakes in spelling in AL KAWAN
and notice that it is wrong order.
Do you think I can fix these mistakes if I get selected?

Ok, interesting. Also re amazing how many people don’t seem able to read instructions.
Most of the time I’ve seen people talk about it on the forum, especially as PA, it’s been denials.
I read them carefully. He is Sudanese and I am Syrian, he asked me a photo of my passport, the order of names are different, I did not know he was stupid

My correct name is MOHAMED FAISAL AL KAWAN.
He entered it as MOHAMED ALKWAN FAISAL NASRA.
NASRA is my mom.
Mistakes in spelling in AL KAWAN
and notice that it is wrong order.
Do you think I can fix these mistakes if I get selected?

Your chance of selection is about once in every 200 years of applying. *If* you get selected you can discuss it then.