• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

My wife has been selected for DV visa 2019 and we are preparing our documents to apply. However, we noticed her name on my degree is Ama pokua Boakye while her passport is Ama Boakye Pokua. Her SHS has her maiden name Ama Kwakye. Will it affect the application?
How was her name entered in the edv? If her current names were entered into the appropriate fields eg first name for firstname and not last name for first name etc.. then you need not worry.

How was her name entered in the edv? If her current names were entered into the appropriate fields eg first name for firstname and not last name for first name etc.. then you need not worry.
In addition to Lucid’s advice, ensure that you’ve covered any variation or combination of names she has used currently or in the past in the “Other Names” Section on the DS 260. That way, a proper background check can be done on her to minimize any chances of an unsuccessful application. Good luck!

What if our marriage cert omited my surname.... this was issued 2009... we have pictures, joints accounts , joint properties aquired way before the DV application and some cases before selection

What if our marriage cert omited my surname.... this was issued 2009... we have pictures, joints accounts , joint properties aquired way before the DV application and some cases before selection
How could your marriage certificate omit your surname? You will have to go and get it corrected at the marriage registry for the district in which you got married then. Clearly if the marriage certificate cannot identify you as the party to a marriage it will also not validate your wife’s claims to be married to you. Note that since you’re applying as a couple (I assume you are) a correct marriage certificate is essential not to prove you are who you say you are, but to confirm that you are truly married. Are you the selectee or your wife?

How could your marriage certificate omit your surname? You will have to go and get it corrected at the marriage registry for the district in which you got married then. Clearly if the marriage certificate cannot identify you as the party to a marriage it will also not validate your wife’s claims to be married to you. Note that since you’re applying as a couple (I assume you are) a correct marriage certificate is essential not to prove you are who you say you are, but to confirm that you are truly married. Are you the selectee or your wife?
Sorry I realize your wife is the selectee. As a derivative of her application therefore it is important to ensure that the marriage certificate identifies you properly. Good luck.

You and your wife both appear to be posting the same question...

I know there are people here who have successfully experienced DV in Ghana.
Help me with questions

1. Approximately how much will be needed for the process (Medicals, interviews and plane ticket) for a family of four (father, mother, and two children under 3years)