• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe they are planning a redraw (just being optimistic) but they fear announcing for it because of the experience they had in 2012 by the people who had wanted to file a lawsuit against them. All we can do is accept fate as it is and if anything positive comes up, then it will be a pleasant surprise.

First and foremost, I would like to commend @@Britsimon for all the goodwill he is doing in these forums. I have been a member for quite a while and even though I have not been posting anything but I've been a regular viewer and an ardent reader of Britsimon's posts. Besides putting up with people's critism and insults, this gentleman has quite some energy and may God bless him!

My (optimistic) opinion is that, as a programmer, I think of one possibility; they have setup everything correctly but they probably have not linked the queries into the DV 2016 database. Specifically, I think that they have the queries directed to the DV 2015 database hence all confirmation numbers will be given a NOT SELECTED notice. What they need to do is just correct that and we will all get proper results. For DV 2015, of the people I had submitted applications for, one was my nephew's. When I checked on the 1st of May last year, his was NOT SELECTED and then after they sent an email to all applicants to recheck the status the next day, he was RANDOMLY SELECTED! Therefore, I think the query was the case last year and it is the case this year.

I have been applying for DV since 1993 and only skipped DV 2005 (the first online DV) and have still not been selected. I lived in the US between 1998 and 2002 as a student, so I know why I would like to go back and live there - its a beautiful country with lots of opportunities. Therefore, I'm already immuned to the disappointment of NOT BEING SELECTED! However, I'm still a hopeful.

Therefore, my fellow hopefuls, understand Britsimon when he tries not to give anyone unconfirmed hopes. He is only protecting you and himself. If there really is a technical glitch, it will be corrected (believe me, Americans are thorough), and appropriate action will be taken to correct the situation. However, in the meantime, if our fates say that we are NOT SELECTED, then let's accept that as reality and move on with our lives. If any corrections will be made, they will officially communicate through email.

All the best to everyone!

Hi, wow you have been applying for so many years, you should have a plan B because at the end it's just pure luck.

If you are software developper you could try to find a company, i am also in IT and i have more hope to go their by work than the lottery.

Just my opinion, all the best for the future.

First and foremost, I would like to commend @@Britsimon for all the goodwill he is doing in these forums. I have been a member for quite a while and even though I have not been posting anything but I've been a regular viewer and an ardent reader of Britsimon's posts. Besides putting up with people's critism and insults, this gentleman has quite some energy and may God bless him!

My (optimistic) opinion is that, as a programmer, I think of one possibility; they have setup everything correctly but they probably have not linked the queries into the DV 2016 database. Specifically, I think that they have the queries directed to the DV 2015 database hence all confirmation numbers will be given a NOT SELECTED notice. What they need to do is just correct that and we will all get proper results. For DV 2015, of the people I had submitted applications for, one was my nephew's. When I checked on the 1st of May last year, his was NOT SELECTED and then after they sent an email to all applicants to recheck the status the next day, he was RANDOMLY SELECTED! Therefore, I think the query was the case last year and it is the case this year.

I have been applying for DV since 1993 and only skipped DV 2005 (the first online DV) and have still not been selected. I lived in the US between 1998 and 2002 as a student, so I know why I would like to go back and live there - its a beautiful country with lots of opportunities. Therefore, I'm already immuned to the disappointment of NOT BEING SELECTED! However, I'm still a hopeful.

Therefore, my fellow hopefuls, understand Britsimon when he tries not to give anyone unconfirmed hopes. He is only protecting you and himself. If there really is a technical glitch, it will be corrected (believe me, Americans are thorough), and appropriate action will be taken to correct the situation. However, in the meantime, if our fates say that we are NOT SELECTED, then let's accept that as reality and move on with our lives. If any corrections will be made, they will officially communicate through email.

All the best to everyone!

I love your theory since I am a not selected case, but how would you explain KCC stating that they know of 12.000 winners that have checked the results?

i went to cafe to check again, i tried with explorer it was service timeout, i checked with chrome it was not selected. what is dis

I love your theory since I am a not selected case, but how would you explain KCC stating that they know of 12.000 winners that have checked the results?

It is possible that KCC or the DoS is able to see if these "session timed out" letters were read or opened. Even though they are not showing the correct info, the 1st NL, the database may still indicate to them that they have been read or opened.

I don't believe they are going to do a new draw if there was no problem in the first draw.
The contractor would ask more money, and how are they going to justify it?
Anyway, my spouse got consistent "session time out" plus a few "technical problem" in the first hours of May 5th.
Now is a consistent "session time out" on Mac+Safari, Mac+Chrome, PC+Chrome e PC+Explorer in Italy and Mac+Safari + iPhone in New York City.
I had a "not selected" immediately.

Ciao,
Gio

It is possible that KCC or the DoS is able to see if these "session timed out" letters were read or opened. Even though they are not showing the correct info, the 1st NL, the database may still indicate to them that they have been read or opened.
I am referring to the theory that they have linked the queries into the DV 2015 database instead of to the DV 2016 database.
How would KCC saying 12.000 entrants saw they are winners fit with this theory?

its not linked to dv2015 , as I was selected for dv2015- still high CN, but I m not selected for dv2016

This statement does not make any sense. How is the theory (that lasted for an hour) that people's 2016 registration numbers are somehow linked up to 2015 data by accident in any way related to what you just said? :rolleyes:

its not linked to dv2015 , as I was selected for dv2015- still high CN, but I m not selected for dv2016

If it was wrong linked it might show everyone as not selected or give some kind of error, right? My Husband and sister work in IT and they say both theories (Britsimon's and Shihabmh's) could be true.

This statement does not make any sense. How is the theory (that lasted for an hour) that people's 2016 registration numbers are somehow linked up to 2015 data by accident in any way related to what you just said? :rolleyes:

If you do not understand something, it does not mean that it does not make sense..It does not make sense for you probably

maybe you misunderstood or I misunderstood something ..which I think it is the case

If people would be linked to 2015, then because I was selected for 2015, I should not get NOT selected, which I get now when I check for 2016

Unless they did linked it to dv2015 with new numbers...that would make sense .....

And please if you have anything nasty to say, better do not reply..

If it was wrong linked it might show everyone as not selected or give some kind of error, right? My Husband and sister work in IT and they say both theories (Britsimon's and Shihabmh's) could be true.

because I was selected for 2015, but I get not selected for 2016

unless they liked it to 2015 with new numbers ..this makes sense...but how come this is the only year when they linked it to another year...

If you do not understand something, it does not mean that it does not make sense..It does not make sense for you probably

If people would be linked to 2015, then because I was selected for 2015, I should not get NOT selected, which I get now when I check for 2016

And please if you have anything nasty to say, better do not reply..
But even if you were selected last year, that doesn't mean it would show you that you are selected again, the number/code for checking for yourself as an entrant for this year is different, right? That could be a reason why there are no selectees yet.

But even if you were selected last year, that doesn't mean it would show you that you are selected again, the number/code for checking for yourself as an entrant for this year is different, right? That could be a reason why there are no selectees yet

yes this makes sense

The only thing that doesn't fit for me is KCC saying 12.000 entrants saw they are winners, but KCC is known for saying things and then saying other things...

"Does not make any sense" is a normal saying. If you feel personally offended by this, I'm sorry to say you need to brush up your English skills.

To cross reference this post:

Doubts regarding DV2016 results.

Also, did you guys read this:

Doubts regarding DV2016 results.

Brush up my English skills ..u just make me laugh ..I lived and worked in UK' Canada , USA since 2000 , speaking only English ...
your words are very strong ..not all people talk with ` ìt does not make sense`

dv2016 is a mess that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.