• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get session time out if you hit "Back" while surfing one of the "Check status" pages. I don't think there's any logic in saying that session timeout pages are winners.
It is indeed suspicious that no one has won so far- probably they'll correct this?!
It's the first time that I apply for the dv lottery but I read that there were irregularities the prev years as well... What a bummer

Well education based visa as well as profession based ones are very difficult and a huge pain in the arse to obtain unless you're a rocket scientist who just invented somethijg or a millionare with deep pockets who can provide jobs to their citizens

Rubbish. I know plenty non rocket scientists who have migrated on skills based visas. I'm not a rocket scientist and could have got to any of those countries.
Fact remains that DV aside if you have no high skills (H1 which is much harder to get than the other country skills visas) and no family you have no chance of getting to the U.S. So your comment about it being easier to migrate to is simply wrong.
And why should it be easy to migrate anywhere anyway? If it's so important you'll go through the "huge pain in the..." To obtain. Talk about a sense of entitlement. Sheesh.

Can't they just post something on their facebook page or twitter to give us an update ? It takes less 5 mins to make a post.

Rubbish. I know plenty non rocket scientists who have migrated on skills based visas. I'm not a rocket scientist and could have got to any of those countries.
Fact remains that DV aside if you have no high skills (H1 which is much harder to get than the other country skills visas) and no family you have no chance of getting to the U.S. So your comment about it being easier to migrate to is simply wrong.

I don't have a family in America
I'm not rich (in both American and my country's standard)
I'm not skilled

So if dv didn't exist I'd never have the chance of being a us citizen no matter what? (unless of course, illegal immigration)

Americans are the luckiest people in the world, being given a gift that 15 million people would sacrifice anything to get (us citizenship)

Being born in a third world country sure sucks, but i digress

My dream is to get a us and a Canadian citizenship..

At the end of the day you live in one country so it would be pretty useless unless you were born either canadian or american.
Btw Canada have point immigration system that is faar easier than the US if you have some qualifications.

At the end of the day you live in one country so it would be pretty useless unless you were born either canadian or american.
Btw Canada have point immigration system that is faar easier than the US if you have some qualifications.
the point system is useless for youth, you have to have lots of experience to get there

I was just talking with a Ph.D holder who has a Canadian citizenship but her dream is to get American citizenship. This is life you will never get satisfied until you die!

It's not that Canada suck or Europe suck or any other developed country suck , but for hard workers with good degrees, the US offer the best wages. At least in my field.

If dv didn't exist i probably would be stuck in this third world country until i die, i don't qualify for any of the other visa.. Because I'm not rich and I don't have a special skill

That's why this lottery means so much to me

It's not that Canada suck or Europe suck or any other developed country suck , but for hard workers with good degrees, the US offer the best wages. At least in my field.
what field is that? energy? for energy I think Canada gives more salary

You are so funny man, you should be a comedian:D! how come you have dual citizen (German and Australian), does Germany allow dual citizen? :cool:
Germany did not until a few years ago (and might still not today) allow dual citizenship per se.
However, they relaxed the rules whereby if you can demonstrate that you 'need' the foreign citizenship and still maintain strong ties to Germany, they will grant you an exemption. It's not difficult to build a case and then I just had to pay a fee and received an official document stating that if and when I take up the foreign citizenship, I will maintain the German citizenship. I would have never given up my EU passport, as that would equal burning bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.