• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Thanks for your supports Mr Britsimon.

How about the 1NL?
I just got confirmations after I submitted DS-260 in June. However, I haven't got any notification since then.

Thank you very much for your help..

Thanks for your supports Mr Britsimon.

How about the 1NL?
I just got confirmations after I submitted DS-260 in June. However, I haven't got any notification since then.

Thank you very much for your help..

The 1NL is your selection letter ....

Agree with Susie. lus you can ask for the passport to be returned - but doing so will add delay when your case is approved....
Hi Britsimon,
I have applied the DS-260 back on May 2015, my son born on Nov. 2015, as of today did not get his passport yet, hope in the next couple weeks, called KCC to unlock my visa, told not they can not, they send me the 2nd NL already, I have received it today and interview on April 2016, they told me that I can tell the interviewer to add my son, is it a correct statement? or I need to contact the embassy to unlock the visa in order to add him? Your response is highly appreciated!!

Hi Britsimon,
I have applied the DS-260 back on May 2015, my son born on Nov. 2015, as of today did not get his passport yet, hope in the next couple weeks, called KCC to unlock my visa, told not they can not, they send me the 2nd NL already, I have received it today and interview on April 2016, they told me that I can tell the interviewer to add my son, is it a correct statement? or I need to contact the embassy to unlock the visa in order to add him? Your response is highly appreciated!!

Their statement is correct to an extent. I would personally want to "warn" the embassy before turning up with a baby. Your call.

Thank you for your prompt response! How can I tell the embassy? Email or calling them? It is Abu Dhabi embassy

Check their website for how they say you should contact them regarding immigrant visas. Different embassies have different preferences.

Their statement is correct to an extent. I would personally want to "warn" the embassy before turning up with a baby. Your call.
Hi Britsimon,

I need another advice pls, in my personal info into DS-260, it stated that if “Do you hold or have you held a nationality other than the one you have indicated above?” I have answered No, since my current citizen is Egyptian and I use to have a travel document for Palestinian and this is not Nationality, do I have to tell the interviewer about it as a correction or confusion? And if yes, any risk for disqualify me? Thanks in advanced!!

Hi Britsimon,

I need another advice pls, in my personal info into DS-260, it stated that if “Do you hold or have you held a nationality other than the one you have indicated above?” I have answered No, since my current citizen is Egyptian and I use to have a travel document for Palestinian and this is not Nationality, do I have to tell the interviewer about it as a correction or confusion? And if yes, any risk for disqualify me? Thanks in advanced!!

You are correct that Palestinian is not a nationality, however you mention your "current" citizenship is Egyptian - suggesting you were some other nationality previously. Were you born in Egypt?

You are correct that Palestinian is not a nationality, however you mention your "current" citizenship is Egyptian - suggesting you were some other nationality previously. Were you born in Egypt?
I use have a plaestinian travel document issued by Egypt for people do not have country, and I born in Saudi. Still I need to mentioned to the interview? And any risk for disqualification? Thank you!!!!

You should discuss this all at the interview. Obviously the US embassy are aware of the complexities of Nationality in that region. However, just answer the questions as completely and honestly as you can.
Hi Britsimon, My last name in the DV entry and DS-260 are the same but it has one letter wrong from my passport last name:

DV and DS260 has xAxxxxx and passport is xExxxxx, only the letter one letter “E”

My Son has one letter missing and same mistake as above.

Is this can be a disqualify issue? Should I send a note to the embassy since my DS is locked and interview is next month?

Hi Britsimon, My last name in the DV entry and DS-260 are the same but it has one letter wrong from my passport last name:

DV and DS260 has xAxxxxx and passport is xExxxxx, only the letter one letter “E”

Is this can be a disqualify issue? Should I send a note to the embassy since my DS is locked and interview is next month?

(This is the wrong thread for this question but):

- what is the spelling in your birth certificates?
- is the original name in Roman alphabet or is the eDV/passport a translation from Arabic or another alphabet?

Minor mistakes like that on the eDV itself are often forgiven, IF there is no suspicion that the applicant was trying to commit some sort of fraud. However, the best advice in that scenario is to enter the name correctly on the DS260. Anyone can make a mistake once, but twice?

Now in your case you repeated the mistake on the DS260 AND repeated it on your son's entry. This will mean that background checks were performed on the wrong spelling of the name. That would raise suspicion with most COs. So - you will be asked to explain how the mistake happened and why you repeated the same mistake. Your answer will be assessed by the CO - and I can't guess exactly how a CO would react - although some embassies are more lenient than others.

So - is the passport incorrect? Does it match the birth certificate? How did this error occur?

(This is the wrong thread for this question but):

- what is the spelling in your birth certificates?
- is the original name in Roman alphabet or is the eDV/passport a translation from Arabic or another alphabet?
Thank you for your quick response! in the birth certificate is in Arabic and the translation is correct, also, I have an accommodation visa from UAE that stamped on my passport with the correct spelling name as DV and DS-260.

Minor mistakes like that on the eDV itself are often forgiven, IF there is no suspicion that the applicant was trying to commit some sort of fraud. However, the best advice in that scenario is to enter the name correctly on the DS260. Anyone can make a mistake once, but twice?

Now in your case you repeated the mistake on the DS260 AND repeated it on your son's entry. This will mean that background checks were performed on the wrong spelling of the name. That would raise suspicion with most COs. So - you will be asked to explain how the mistake happened and why you repeated the same mistake. Your answer will be assessed by the CO - and I can't guess exactly how a CO would react - although some embassies are more lenient than others.

So - is the passport incorrect? Does it match the birth certificate? How did this error occur?
The mistake is in the passport, I have documents such as UAE visa has the correct name. I use to have a Palestinian travel document and has the correct spelling and for the egyptian passport has the incorrect one and told me it will take 3-4months to do it since I m living here in Dubai, I guess to be safe, I will travel to Egypt to correct the passports but this will be costly so my questions is that can be a major issue for one letter that is different from the DV/DS to what listed int he passport? thank you!

The mistake is in the passport, I have documents such as UAE visa has the correct name. I use to have a Palestinian travel document and has the correct spelling and for the egyptian passport has the incorrect one and told me it will take 3-4months to do it since I m living here in Dubai, I guess to be safe, I will travel to Egypt to correct the passports but this will be costly so my questions is that can be a major issue for one letter that is different from the DV/DS to what listed int he passport? thank you!

Well that is better. If the passport was correct and you got it wrong several times, that is more suspicious than the passport having a mistake and you entering correctly - especially with supporting documents that explain the error.

So, especially given that it is a translation and birth certificate etc correct I don't think (note: opinion!!) that it will be disqualifying. BUT - here's the but - the visa has to be issued in the same name as the passport. So you may need to get the passport changed...or live with a different spelling in the US...(because the passport/visa name is what goes on your green card which becomes your official identity). Seeing as you will not be able to get a new passport before your interview you may as well wait and see what the official says. By the way are you sure you can't get a passport via the Egyptian embassy, without having to travel back to Egypt?

So, especially given that it is a translation and birth certificate etc correct I don't think (note: opinion!!) that it will be disqualifying. BUT - here's the but - the visa has to be issued in the same name as the passport. So you may need to get the passport changed...or live with a different spelling in the US...(because the passport/visa name is what goes on your green card which becomes your official identity). Seeing as you will not be able to get a new passport before your interview you may as well wait and see what the official says. By the way are you sure you can't get a passport via the Egyptian embassy, without having to travel back to Egypt?
Thank you for your feedback! I have checked with the Egyptian embassy today and they told it will take 3-4 months if I want to correct the name for me and my kids (It is just one letter out of 7 letters), however; Egyptian Embassy informed me that they can fix it by hand writing in different passport page with signed and stamped by Egyptian Consul, do u think this can be accepted by the CO? Thank you! Note: the name is correct in DV2016, DS-260, translated birth certificate and UAE visa.

Thank you for your feedback! I have checked with the Egyptian embassy today and they told it will take 3-4 months if I want to correct the name for me and my kids (It is just one letter out of 7 letters), however; Egyptian Embassy informed me that they can fix it by hand writing in different passport page with signed and stamped by Egyptian Consul, do u think this can be accepted by the CO? Thank you! Note: the name is correct in DV2016, DS-260, translated birth certificate and UAE visa.

If it is an official correction by the Egyptian embassy then it should surely be accepted by the CO, especially as all other documents are spelled that way.