• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 has been finally fixed. [Screenshot]

Because the winners can be much more sure of getting through the process. Because there will possibly be a 2nd draw, because it means these two years of pain and struggle and sadness for high case numbers has FINALLY been understood.
a 2nd draw like in 2014 ??

There was no 2nd draw in DV2014 - but there was in DV2013 and some other years previously (including 2012 of course which had a 2nd draw after the redraw!!!)
Hello Britsimon. I was wondering if there will be a second draw this year.
Also I am just curious, what necessitates a second draw?

More than enough selectees? no 2nd draw.
Not enough selectees? do a 2nd draw.
Thank you for replying so quickly. I have been applying since about 15 years, no juice.
I am curious about the process now.
And I am new to this, so I am grateful for your patience. How do they determine the number for enough selectees?
So this year it is 84k, will they draw more to reach 125k?

Also- if they do a second draw, is it at a later time period?

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have been applying since about 15 years, no juice.
I am curious about the process now.
And I am new to this, so I am grateful for your patience. How do they determine the number for enough selectees?
So this year it is 84k, will they draw more to reach 125k?

Also- if they do a second draw, is it at a later time period?
Later than what?

In DV-2013 for example, there was a message on the Entry Status Check website that instructed applicants to check again at a specific date as more entries might be selected; is there any such message now?
Keep in mind that when an application is made, the dependent (spouse and children) information is also collected. Those 50K visas cover the principal applicants and derivatives. May be, this year they cut the process short once they found out that the winners have more than usual number of dependents ( just a thought, not a fact). What I am trying to get at is, the 84K number does not necessarily imply an additional drawing, especially in the absence of a "check back as there may be more selections" type of message.

Congratulations to all who've been selected!!! i still can't check 4 of my entries, same msg keeps showing up "incorrect info"... will keep trying though...

In DV-2013 for example, there was a message on the Entry Status Check website that instructed applicants to check again at a specific date as more entries might be selected; is there any such message now?
Keep in mind that when an application is made, the dependent (spouse and children) information is also collected. Those 50K visas cover the principal applicants and derivatives. May be, this year they cut the process short once they found out that the winners have more than usual number of dependents ( just a thought, not a fact). What I am trying to get at is, the 84K number does not necessarily imply an additional drawing, especially in the absence of a "check back as there may be more selections" type of message.
Interesting thought about the dependents.
I didn't see a message of check later on the website.

That's a good point, but remember the 84000 also includes dependents. Given prior years experience - just the non-response rate is probably enough to be pretty sure of a second draw. In my opinion.

That's a good point, but remember the 84000 also includes dependents. Given prior years experience - just the non-response rate is probably enough to be pretty sure of a second draw. In my opinion.
Susie, please explain more.how many had they selected in 2013 to go a re-draw? how many have they been selecting over the years?

Susie, please explain more.how many had they selected in 2013 to go a re-draw? how many have they been selecting over the years?

I can't remember 2013 exactly - even though that was my year - but it was somewhere around 100k, maybe a bit less or more. That was also the last year all regions went current.

The redraws were quite small though, but a few thousand more is still a few thousand more...

Again @SusieQQQ how would you rate the non-response rate over the years to deduce that there would be a re-draw? thanx

Again @SusieQQQ how would you rate the non-response rate over the years to deduce that there would be a re-draw? thanx

I can't remember where the data are and am waiting for simon to be kind and remind me, but from what I can recall it was much higher than one might think - like 40% or so?

I can't remember 2013 exactly - even though that was my year - but it was somewhere around 100k, maybe a bit less or more. That was also the last year all regions went current.

The redraws were quite small though, but a few thousand more is still a few thousand more...
ok.so that means the regions being current means that they exhausted all the visas @SusieQQQ ? THANX