• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Some people do need it, it depends on your situation. If you have plenty of money in your own bank account, you may not need it. If you are staying with family as your host, you may not need it. Some embassies are very unlikely to ask for it, some ask always. IF you are asked to provide it, you will need to provide it or explain how else you will support yourself.
Thanks senoir man for your quick reply. I have been reading most of your post here and in other forums, and u are really easing the confusing in a lot of minds. Thank u once again.

I submitted my DS on 19th may 2014,for family on 11 July 2014 , they were all unlocked and resubmitted them on 21-08-2014.I called them on 22-08-2014 requesting whether I should be receiving my email for October interview before end of August.They told me to call them on September 15th 2014.I called them 2 hours ago (16-09-2014) and they told me that my case is in process and that I should receive my email next week.I asked them whether that implies my interviews my interview will be November and they said yes.They insisted that ALL EMAIL WILL BE SENT NEXT WEEK.2015AF000004**
I also called kcc on 15/9/14 and was told even though my cn is current they have not yet processed my doc.

Just went for my police clearance report... apparently it's not in a sealed envelope. After you hand over your receipt to them they search for it and if they find it they then put it in a mini brown envelope right infront of you, unsealed. You can even make a photocopy if u want.

Just went for my police clearance report... apparently it's not in a sealed envelope. After you hand over your receipt to them they search for it and if they find it they then put it in a mini brown envelope right infront of you, unsealed. You can even make a photocopy if u want.
thanks man always keep us updated

Well well well... i have been to the police headquarters and feel like ranting about the "mechanical" nature of the process and the numerous protocols fast-tracking documents for beneficiaries but, my rant maybe not be necessary at this time. what is important is to be cleared by the Police. i visit the place in the afternoon at 1PM based on some advice from the old dv2014 Ghana thread. met huge crowed that almost gave me heart attack. it was as if every Ghanaian citizen needed a clearance. anyway i proceeded to the main office, asked few questions, made payment, filled form, took passport pic, waited less than an hour to be called for finger prints and i was done in approximately 2:15PM. spent only 1hr 15min and report will be ready in just a week. lucky me! .Majority of the people i spoke to actually regretted going there in the morning. seems they do a lot of "protocol" or express work at that time. The pressure was down after they had launch and the process was somehow swift for me. I paid 45GHc, they didn't have cash register, receipt didn't show amount lol, no tripod for the camera used in taking the photos so most of the photos are not properly positioned. eheheh. GH!

Well well well... i have been to the police headquarters and feel like ranting about the "mechanical" nature of the process and the numerous protocols fast-tracking documents for beneficiaries but, my rant maybe not be necessary at this time. what is important is to be cleared by the Police. i visit the place in the afternoon at 1PM based on some advice from the old dv2014 Ghana thread. met huge crowed that almost gave me heart attack. it was as if every Ghanaian citizen needed a clearance. anyway i proceeded to the main office, asked few questions, made payment, filled form, took passport pic, waited less than an hour to be called for finger prints and i was done in approximately 2:15PM. spent only 1hr 15min and report will be ready in just a week. lucky me! .Majority of the people i spoke to actually regretted going there in the morning. seems they do a lot of "protocol" or express work at that time. The pressure was down after they had launch and the process was somehow swift for me. I paid 45GHc, they didn't have cash register, receipt didn't show amount lol, no tripod for the camera used in taking the photos so most of the photos are not properly positioned. eheheh. GH!

hahaha Thank God u're done tho

hahaha. ..I went there myself for my report in the morning. ..but as for their receipt is very funny oooo. .how can a receipt not have an amount. ..
eii gh..hmmmm..

hahaha. ..I went there myself for my report in the morning. ..but as for their receipt is very funny oooo. .how can a receipt not have an amount. ..
eii gh..hmmmm..

I tell u.. the receipt is soo funny. sometimes I ask myself are we serious as a nation?? even at the CID headquarters things are not done properly.. smh

but f-lan that next week collection date is a joke. ..it won't b ready..unless u go n speed things up..

He can never be sure till he gives it a shot. Was supposed to collect mine on the 18th (today) but went there yesterday 17th cos I was less busy and guess wat I got it. Surprisingly it was signed and stamped on the 5th..13 clear days b4 the supposed date of collection. They are unpredictable man. A lady from Somanya travelled all the way from Somanya to Accra on her supposed date of collection only to be told it wasn't ready. Twice she came and twice she was told same story. The police officer out of pity had to take her number and promised to call her when It's ready. So like I said they are unpredictable

He can never be sure till he gives it a shot. Was supposed to collect mine on the 18th (today) but went there yesterday 17th cos I was less busy and guess wat I got it. Surprisingly it was signed and stamped on the 5th..13 clear days b4 the supposed date of collection. They are unpredictable man. A lady from Somanya travelled all the way from Somanya to Accra on her supposed date of collection only to be told it wasn't ready. Twice she came and twice she was told same story. The police officer out of pity had to take her number and promised to call her when It's ready. So like I said they are unpredictable
well I guess everyone and his luck. ..

but f-lan that next week collection date is a joke. ..it won't b ready..unless u go n speed things up..

Not in haste at all because I don't even have my 2nl. I decided to request for the clearance because I was less busy @ work and my office is close to the CID headquarters.

Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.

Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.

We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section