• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

just send a new set of forms correcting those mistakes,simple as that! Best of luck
I did the same I am too selected for DV2014 and had same problem send new form and send a mail in inquiring about my case status but they sent me such mail what is the meaning of this.... mail follows as:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing.

DV 2014 winner from Sri lanka

HI all.

Im from Sri Lanka & my case number is AS00010600 - 700 range. I wonder when i will get my 2nd NL & the interview. I saw the visa bulletin for October & the cutoff number for Asia will be 1800 range. pls advice.

DV 2014 Winner from Sri Lanka

Hi. Im a DV 2014 winner and my C/N : 2014AS00020xxx
I sent my forms and I got the confirmation from KCC that they have recieved via email.
Approximately by when I'll get my Interviews.
Thanks.

Greetings! my dear SL Friends who are DV 14 winners!

As I have done in past few years I hope to help the 'new batch' too with some helpful info.

Starting point is to see my advise to the SL DV 13'rs from the link given below. Please note that some info may have changed, so pl make sure to clarify things here with other forumites, 'cos I am not a regular visitor here anymore.

This year there seems a bit more than 1,600 SL winners, almost double from last year I think. This also means that there will be LOT MORE than last years who will be unsuccessful, that's the bitter truth!

Many who win DV (SL or otherwise) think that things are going to be smooth sailing and a visa will be given on a platter, BUT it is quite the opposite. You need to be well prepared and well informed if you want to be successful. It pains me to hear the unsuccessful stories in this forum, imagine how many such cases may have been out there who never made to a forum or other help like this and were just rejected. Do you think Rs. 65,000 a person (at least, as visa interview fee) a fair amt to gamble without been well informed? I DO NOT THINK SO!!

My effort this year WITH YOUR HELP is to try get the word out to more SL winners and get them into this forum so they can be well prepared and well informed before taking the decision to go for the intvw. IMO there are many 'winners' who will have NO CHANCE at all with their qualifications who should not proceed at all. And others will do stupid mistakes making their chances near zero! Those are the people who would benefit most from this forum. (and from past threads in here)

Can you please use your Facebook, Elakiri etc etc a/c , forum or whatever and try get the word out by posting a general shout out saying IF YOU WON US GC LOTTERY GO TO THIS FORUM.....? and post the link to this forum or thread?

I hope you'd do!

I wish you all nothing but the BEST!

Here's the link to my past 'advise' in the SL DV 13 thread. (read it there but if you have Q s come to this thread and post)

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ers-from-Srilanka/page2&p=2588437#post2588437

Last edited by a moderator:
Google the Forum

To see past SL related posts/threads in this forum, do the following search term in Google.

site:forums.immigration.com Lottery Visa DV Sri Lanka

Best!

AOS: Number Current, When to file I 485

My number is current in Sep bulletin. Do I need to wait till October 2013 to file I-485 or can I send it now. All my papers are ready.

Administrative Processing

Hello, I have read various sections of the forum about administrative processing. I would like to ask if anyone who went to the Embassy in Colombo faced this and did not get a GC? I feel that I may be current around July/August. I am hoping that the numbers will go quicker. Also, is it true that we can still apply for the upcoming DV lottery since we are not sure whether we will get the card for DV2014? Thanks.

CN : 2014AS00013XXX
1st NL Checked : May, 2013
Sent Forms to KCC : Pending
2nd NL : Pending
Medicals : Pending
Interview : Pending
Result: Pending
POE: Dulles

Why Asia get only 1800 cases ?

Hi all,

Can anybody explain me , why the Asia only gets 1800 cases according to the Visa bulletin for October , when Africa & Europe gets high case numbers respectively ?.

Tks

Lakshan.

hi

Hello, I have read various sections of the forum about administrative processing. I would like to ask if anyone who went to the Embassy in Colombo faced this and did not get a GC? I feel that I may be current around July/August. I am hoping that the numbers will go quicker. Also, is it true that we can still apply for the upcoming DV lottery since we are not sure whether we will get the card for DV2014? Thanks.

CN : 2014AS00013XXX
1st NL Checked : May, 2013
Sent Forms to KCC : Pending
2nd NL : Pending
Medicals : Pending
Interview : Pending
Result: Pending
POE: Dulles
yes u can apply upcoming dv lottery//

Educational requirement changes effect for 2014 winners

Hello Sri lankan DV 2014 winners

We have been applied DV 2014 on 2012 & at that time educational reqirement was GCE O/L for sri lanakan applicant & i have checked this from US embasy in sri lanka web page under DV lotter document check list on 2013/05/09 & it has been mentioned the requiremnt was obtain the GCE O/L certificate. but o was checked the same web site on 2013/08/29,now it is mentioning the education reqirement is GCE A/L. (i have printed a copy of previous document which is mentioning the GCE O/L in US embassy web site).

Could pls help me on this regards as my wife has GCE O/L & she has only 3 subject for GCE A/L including genaral english. is this effect to us at the interview ? as when we applying to this PROGAME, requirment was GCE O/L.

Pls advice your thoughts..

C/N - 2014AS000104**

We have been applied DV 2014 on 2012 & at that time educational reqirement was GCE O/L for sri lanakan applicant & i have checked this from US embasy in sri lanka web page under DV lotter document check list on 2013/05/09 & it has been mentioned the requiremnt was obtain the GCE O/L certificate. but o was checked the same web site on 2013/08/29,now it is mentioning the education reqirement is GCE A/L. (i have printed a copy of previous document which is mentioning the GCE O/L in US embassy web site).

Could pls help me on this regards as my wife has GCE O/L & she has only 3 subject for GCE A/L including genaral english. is this effect to us at the interview ? as when we applying to this PROGAME, requirment was GCE O/L.

C/N - 2014AS000104**

Yes it does appear that the requirements have changed (in terms of what is considered US High School equivalent in Sri Lanka). Here is what the website says.

"Education: The minimum educational requirement is the successful completion of 3 GCE A-level subjects, not including General English. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program."

That sounds pretty solid - and sounds as if they are already implementing the new standard - actually since the actual requirement hasn't changed it should just be seen as correcting the standard that was found to be too low. I found a reposted news article suggesting people are already getting refusals based on the "new" standard (suggesting it changed for DV2013 - so I am surprised they didn't make it clear for DV2014 entrants).

Sadly if you don't meet the new standard and IF they are rigid then you will be refused the visa.

There is a member (NuvF) who seems to have good Sri Lanka information. He might be able to shed some more light.

Yes it does appear that the requirements have changed (in terms of what is considered US High School equivalent in Sri Lanka). Here is what the website says.

"Education: The minimum educational requirement is the successful completion of 3 GCE A-level subjects, not including General English. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program."

That sounds pretty solid - and sounds as if they are already implementing the new standard - actually since the actual requirement hasn't changed it should just be seen as correcting the standard that was found to be too low. I found a reposted news article suggesting people are already getting refusals based on the "new" standard (suggesting it changed for DV2013 - so I am surprised they didn't make it clear for DV2014 entrants).

Sadly if you don't meet the new standard and IF they are rigid then you will be refused the visa.

There is a member (NuvF) who seems to have good Sri Lanka information. He might be able to shed some more light.

Thanks for the information britsimon.

Dear NuvF

Can you advice your thoughts regading this issue.

Educational requirement changes effect for 2014 winners

Hi,

I'm a 2013 Winner from Sri Lanka and went through a bit long DV process.

Now I'm in USA and willing to help if you need any help regarding the DV process.
Let me know if you need any help or info.

Regards,
C. Ruwan

Hello C.Ruwan

C/N - 2014AS000104**

Educational qualifications for DV 2014. ( A/L ).

C/N - 2014AS000104**

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please contact Mr Xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxx He is a well experienced consultant only handle DV matters. He will help you for sure. Lakshan.

If you plan to call any agent/consultant, please be careful. Just to quote directly from the Nepal US embassy website... please pay particular attention to the bit in bold.

"Diversity Visa Fraud – Avoid Becoming a Victim!

There have been instances of fraudulent websites posing as official U.S. Government sites. Some companies posing as the U.S. Government have sought money in order to "complete" lottery entry forms. Please be aware that there is no charge to download and complete the Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form. Also note that the Department of State no longer notifies successful Diversity Visa applicants by letter. Persons seeking to enter the lottery program must register online through the designated website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/) during the registration period.

There is no cost for the DV program until the day of the interview. Applicants do not need to pay money to anyone for DV information. On the day of the interview, DV winners will pay the application fee to the U.S. Embassy directly.

The United States government employs no outside consultants to facilitate visas. We strongly urge you NOT to use consultants’ services, as their assistance does not improve your chances of obtaining a visa. If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for the visa, you WILL NOT receive a visa. Any consultant who claims that he can improve your odds is promising something he cannot deliver."

Thanks britsimon for the informative post re. 'consultants'. My take on that is, they are ok if they are well informed and honest. However IMO, they cannot be any better informed than someone who has spent few nights well researching info on these forums. The bottom line is that if someone is not 'competent' enough to read and garner some useful info from here, then they 'may' not be either in id ing an unscrupulous 'consultant', so.....be careful!. Just MHO.

Best!

@Nav2014

It pains me to hear another who is struggling due to change of O/L reqmt. Yes A/L seems to be the new reqmt. and I think it is an ad hoc decision by the Embassy w/o much reasoning. I can only speculate why, that it may be due to the exam/edu depts. bungling related to O/L exam and its results in past few years casting some doubts on its 'standards' and the 'pass marks'!!
I think lowering of S cut off marks for some subjects is the reason, I dont think standards has gone down. US embassy should have adopted a case by case basis in evaluating it with detailed results/marks, they seems to have just killed the whole thing!

This is very unjust especially for those who did it in the by gone years when the standards were rock solid. If you check around, for most US universities still to this day the min. reqmt for admission from SL is O/L!!, with O/L and good ACT/SAT and TOEFL you can get even good scholarships. If you have SL A/Ls you can get credit transfers!!. This is why I say US Embassy in CMB is unjust, they should have adopted a case by case basis for few ppl who have only O/L s.

Coming back to your specific case, are you saying that your wife has only 2 A/L s w/o English? Then, per current guidelines she is not qualified. How long ago was her O/L s? has she got C s and better, especially for math, sc & 1st lang.? what is she now? has she got a work related tertiary diploma for her to try the work qualification route? Give some more info.

Best!