DV 2014 Winner and now onwards to naturalization

Eucn

Registered Users (C)
How time flies,
I won DV 2014 and I can see that several known avatars are still "trolling" this forum :)
I am eligible to apply for naturalization september 2019 - in miami, but dismayed about the long wait time 13-24 months. Anyway time has flown and I cant believe its almost 5 years since I came here as a DV winner.

BTW... I chose to use an attorney for the naturalization process... I dont want to stuff this up considering the long wait times. I am compiling my travel dates and destination for the past 5 years, which is considerable, but I do meet the continues presence criteria as well as the 913 days within the last 5 years or in my cae 4 years and 9 months as i will be filing 3 months early.

Just had a conversation with my attorney,,, had to remind her that she should not file my N-400 while I am on business trip out of the country. Have to be on US soil when the petition is being submitted.

Wow! I was initially discouraged that the wait time for naturalization in Miami was almost 2 years. I filed my petition about 3 months before my 5th year in the US as I had met the continued presence criteria already. My expected case completion time was estimated to be September 2020. However,,,,,, I just got notice that my interview was schedule end of February. Which is only 4 months after my biometrics... I guess that is good news, but surprising.

Hi, DV 2015 here! About to apply too in Newark with wait times of 8-13 months but I am hoping things will move sooner especially since this is an election year. Good luck and let us know how you do

Good luck guys! Took me 13.5 months from submission to oath in the Bay Area. Naturalized in November last year.

Well I had my interview for naturalization.
I arrived at the Miami office early with most documents I could think of in tow. I waited about an hour or so and I was called in. The officer was very polite and respectful and began the procedure with the civics test and then proceeded with the oral and written English test. Then the Officer went into my biographical data, work history, international travel history (of which I had dusins) in some detail. I am glad I memorized the addresses for the places I had worked during the past 5 years, but I had to check my list when I was asked for zip-codes. It was also useful that I recalled the dates of my last few international trips. After that the officer went through the long list of "yes" and "no" questions and finally,,, asked to review my past few years tax returns. This item was not mentioned in the invitation letter that I received, but I had brought them anyway. It too a little while and the officer said that they would keep them for reference. They prefer the electronic copies that you can download from the IRS website so I recommend to do that.

In the end the officer informed me that my petition for naturalization was approved and printed out a one page document for that purpose. All in all the interview lasted one hour. I was asked to wait out front for 1-2 hours and after some time a supervisor called my name and informed me that my oath ceremony would be 3 days later.

All in all the process was much faster than i had expected for such a busy district as Miami. In total 5 months. As I applied a few months before my 5 years the entire process of immigration to citizenship lasted 5 years and two months.

I will need to get a passport quickly as I realized that it is not legal to travel in and out of the US with your country of origin passport even it is still valid.

I guess this is it then... I appreciate the people on the forum that I have followed since my DV 2014 and good luck to everyone.

Well I had my interview for naturalization.
I arrived at the Miami office early with most documents I could think of in tow. I waited about an hour or so and I was called in. The officer was very polite and respectful and began the procedure with the civics test and then proceeded with the oral and written English test. Then the Officer went into my biographical data, work history, international travel history (of which I had dusins) in some detail. I am glad I memorized the addresses for the places I had worked during the past 5 years, but I had to check my list when I was asked for zip-codes. It was also useful that I recalled the dates of my last few international trips. After that the officer went through the long list of "yes" and "no" questions and finally,,, asked to review my past few years tax returns. This item was not mentioned in the invitation letter that I received, but I had brought them anyway. It too a little while and the officer said that they would keep them for reference. They prefer the electronic copies that you can download from the IRS website so I recommend to do that.

In the end the officer informed me that my petition for naturalization was approved and printed out a one page document for that purpose. All in all the interview lasted one hour. I was asked to wait out front for 1-2 hours and after some time a supervisor called my name and informed me that my oath ceremony would be 3 days later.

All in all the process was much faster than i had expected for such a busy district as Miami. In total 5 months. As I applied a few months before my 5 years the entire process of immigration to citizenship lasted 5 years and two months.

I will need to get a passport quickly as I realized that it is not legal to travel in and out of the US with your country of origin passport even it is still valid.

I guess this is it then... I appreciate the people on the forum that I have followed since my DV 2014 and good luck to everyone.

Congratulations! And thanks for this report. It is very useful!!!