• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2014 second draw chances of any ?

yrrej007

Registered Users (C)
Hi wish to know of any news or chances of dv 2014
Second draw ? Genuine feedback wuld be great.

A second draw as in , I'm from asia with UAE as my native.
Bt I haven't come accross a single person whoz selected for dv 2014, from
UAE or Qatar. To me more precise, no one from gulf region. So wat I thought
Is whether kcc has kept certain case numbers pending or hidden?
I they have selected 140k bt what if all haven't been informed?
Would appreciate with this experience. I haven't cum accross anyone those selected fron uae or qatar for dv 2014.

Would appreciate with this experience. I haven't cum accross anyone those selected fron uae or qatar for dv 2014.

Isn't there any one that could throw light on this issue !

I've seen threads with a couple of selectees from UAE. And there's someone from Kuwait (which as far as I know counts as gulf region?)

If you scroll down to the bottom of this visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html they have the DV2014 selectees by country. There are not a lot from UAE and Qatar, which is probably related to the size of the countries, but that may be why you haven't come across anyone. 167 from UAE and 43 from Qatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were winners in October in Bulgaria too. In fact I spoke with a girl , which case number were 4*** , and she was selected in October. She asked if she was late to send the documents to KCC (ten days ago). And of course her interview will be march , april....or something like that. So KCC were filing the empty spots ( in case numbers) or what? Why didn't they give them (Octoberians) higher numbers? So "octoberians" have better chance to go to the USA...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well bloody that's what I am trying to confirm that kcc has not informed all of the selectees from certain countries. Even though they have
Selected 140k , all the 140k has not been informed.or else how would the girl
from bulgaria be selected and informed in october?
Also I haven't come accross of a selectee fron uae for dv2014. I have searched all the forum.if someone has come accross plz inform me.

Well bloody that's what I am trying to confirm that kcc has not informed all of the selectees from certain countries. Even though they have
Selected 140k , all the 140k has not been informed.or else how would the girl
from bulgaria be selected and informed in october?
Also I haven't come accross of a selectee fron uae for dv2014. I have searched all the forum.if someone has come accross plz inform me.

Obviously, I didn't express myself properly... I don't care when they select the winners , but you're right, probably they weren't informed yet. And still , the point is that the KCC , did actually inform the rest of the winners, which means they needed more people to fill their quota. Excuse me if I'm wrong.:)

Well bloody when did the girl actually see that she was selected? In october? And inspite of getting selected in october,she has a low case number of 4xxx? Isn't that strange? Correct me if I'm wrong. The reason y I strongly confirm this is bcoz as I said for dv2014 I dint c any selectees from uae or qatar on any forum.

There were winners in October in Bulgaria too. In fact I spoke with a girl , which case number were 4*** , and she was selected in October. She asked if she was late to send the documents to KCC (ten days ago). And of course her interview will be march , april....or something like that. So KCC were filing the empty spots ( in case numbers) or what? Why didn't they give them (Octoberians) higher numbers? So "octoberians" have better chance to go to the USA...

i dont believe she was selected in october,i think she has been selected in may 1st,she was just opportune to check in october and found out that she was selected.

i dont believe she was selected in october,i think she has been selected in may 1st,she was just opportune to check in october and found out that she was selected.

If you guys look at the DV home page now, it says 2014 entrants should still keep their confirmation no's until June 30 2014. Perhaps they are opening up more spots as time goes by? Taking it case by case for each country.

Exactly. They are opening up one by one of each country. Or else shouldn't we find a single selectee of dv2014 from gulf region.

I don't understand why you keep saying there are no selectees from the gulf region when KCC has given the numbers of selectees for each of the countries. There were over 1000 selectees from my country last year and I personally only "found" about 5 or 6. Just because you haven't found one of the people picked from Qatar or UAE doesn't mean they don't exist. Can you imagine how busy the dv forums would be if all 140660 selectees were active on them??!

I don't understand why you keep saying there are no selectees from the gulf region when KCC has given the numbers of selectees for each of the countries. There were over 1000 selectees from my country last year and I personally only "found" about 5 or 6. Just because you haven't found one of the people picked from Qatar or UAE doesn't mean they don't exist. Can you imagine how busy the dv forums would be if all 140660 selectees were active on them??!

For your information,I never said therz no selectees
From uae or qatar. I very wrll know the total no selected from
both . I just said that kcc must have not disclosed the selectees
from both or more countries. And now if you just met 5 or 6 people out of 1000,
then its your headache? This thread is for any updates on dv 2014
second draw if any, and in between that we don't need your understanding and
conclusion and advices. If u are selectd, well and good for you.
There's no need for you to discourage others,those expecting a positive light.

Quite honestly, I have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make with your posts.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone, I just don't see how you have any basis for saying what you're saying other than misplaced hope. And for what it's worth I think it's worse to give people false hope than to "discourage" them. I know nobody here wants to hear that not everyone will get interviews this year, but with over 140k selectees that is the most likely outcome, and there is no reason for KCC to do a second draw, and anyway if one was done it would have been last month and people would know about it already. Like I said, I have no idea what the point of your posts is. You've clearly missed my point, but I can't be bothered trying to explain it again.

From your number of post and date of joining this forum,i can see that you are new and inexperience concerning dv process.
For your information,that is no more selection for dv2014.All winners of dv2014 has been notify.THEIR ARE NO MORE SELECTEE.Get it striaght and stop giving false hope.What you saying is an immpossible miracle

From your number of post and date of joining this forum,i can see that you are new and inexperience concerning dv process.
For your information,that is no more selection for dv2014.All winners of dv2014 has been notify.THEIR ARE NO MORE SELECTEE.Get it striaght and stop giving false hope.What you saying is an immpossible miracle

Oh really? Were you the one who selected all the 140 k selectee to be so sure. Therz nothing called as impossible miracle. It miracle that happened that you got selected. And all you folks that get Selected always discourage people hoping luck.
And now listen,I never said therz a second draw. I just said they have selected 140k but might not have notified all. And you can't be so sure all are notified as you don't work at kcc. So don't break your heads, and just think of your interview.

Oh really? Were you the one who selected all the 140 k selectee to be so sure. Therz nothing called as impossible miracle. It miracle that happened that you got selected. And all you folks that get Selected always discourage people hoping luck.
And now listen,I never said therz a second draw. I just said they have selected 140k but might not have notified all. And you can't be so sure all are notified as you don't work at kcc. So don't break your heads, and just think of your interview.

Would you please relax and calm down. Please stop saying that people here are trying to discourage anyone - Susie for instance has made 600 posts over the last few months trying to help people and she is still here helping even though she already has her visa, so just take a minute before you start accusing people of alterior motives and don't post that silliness - Please!

But I gave a link to an official document in which KCC confirmed all 140660 selectees have been notified. So are you trying to say KCC is lying?

Would you please relax and calm down. Please stop saying that people here are trying to discourage anyone - Susie for instance has made 600 posts over the last few months trying to help people and she is still here helping even though she already has her visa, so just take a minute before you start accusing people of alterior motives and don't post that silliness - Please!

600 posts??? Eek!