• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

i sent an enquiry to IOM on iomnbomedical@iom.int and nbomed@iom.int About the costs of the medicals n both the email addresses have been rejected - as in Mail Daemons
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

nbomed@iom.int
and also ;

iomnbomedical@iom.int
Really What is the email for IOM?

i sent an enquiry to IOM on iomnbomedical@iom.int and nbomed@iom.int About the costs of the medicals n both the email addresses have been rejected - as in Mail Daemons

nbomed@iom.int
and also ;

iomnbomedical@iom.int
Really What is the email for IOM?

Don't stress yourself on that. The medical will cost Ksh 24,370. Less Varicella vaccine it'll amount to ksh 19,636.
Carry around Ksh 25,000...Even if you've had chickenpox. After Physical Examination the doc may doubt you about Chickenpox and S/he'll still suggest you take the shot, whether you like it or Not!. You'll pay for it....

Don't stress yourself on that. The medical will cost Ksh 24,370. Less Varicella vaccine it'll amount to ksh 19,636.
Carry around Ksh 25,000...Even if you've had chickenpox. After Physical Examination the doc may doubt you about Chickenpox and S/he'll still suggest you take the shot, whether you like it or Not!. You'll pay for it....
Thanks alot for this piece of information.
But then Jorgie - how come the emails are not working?

I had both my vaccines and my wife's given @ innoculation cen,city hall for KSH. 24,230 for both of us.This is almost the same figure an individual will pay @ IOM,which means i wud have paid a cool 50k.my question is ,why pay more?I took my cert+wife 's with us for medicals,and even though the doc seemed a little 'surprised' that we had knowledge abt what vaccines we required,there was nothing she could do than rather tell us"well your records appear just fine,i will not prescribe any vaccine for any of you."The fact is we had a well datailed record of all vaccines given.So,pay 12k @ city hall and save almost the same amount,or pa y 25k @ IOM,the thing is-what you will get @ IOM is exactly the same thing you will get @ city hall,the only difference is one is more of a business than is a service.

I had both my vaccines and my wife's given @ innoculation cen,city hall for KSH. 24,230 for both of us.This is almost the same figure an individual will pay @ IOM,which means i wud have paid a cool 50k.my question is ,why pay more?I took my cert+wife 's with us for medicals,and even though the doc seemed a little 'surprised' that we had knowledge abt what vaccines we required,there was nothing she could do than rather tell us"well your records appear just fine,i will not prescribe any vaccine for any of you."The fact is we had a well datailed record of all vaccines given.So,pay 12k @ city hall and save almost the same amount,or pa y 25k @ IOM,the thing is-what you will get @ IOM is exactly the same thing you will get @ city hall,the only difference is one is more of a business than is a service.

I think you had earlier told us this about getting them vaccines at City Hall. Its good for you if you saved some money in the medicals. All the best with your interview and do keep us posted.But I wonder ,on a similar light, I just went to the preparing for the interview, there is this link that says that for VISAs only these two physicians are approved for medicals http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NRB - Nairobi.pdf what are your thoughts on that?everyone else?

Pose,
I really dont know how else coz normally i follow what they tell us is appropriate. I thought its IOM who sends the results to the CO? That said i am looking at what is going on coz to me it seems to the a 1st for me.

QUOTE="pose, post: 2348930, member: 348481"]I think you had earlier told us this about getting them vaccines at City Hall. Its good for you if you saved some money in the medicals. All the best with your interview and do keep us posted.But I wonder ,on a similar light, I just went to the preparing for the interview, there is this link that says that for VISAs only these two physicians are approved for medicals http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NRB - Nairobi.pdf what are your thoughts on that?everyone else?[/QUOTE]

There nothing wrong with being given the vaccines elsewhere as long the place is an accredited faciity and you have a proper record for the same.If you go thru IOM's client advise sheet,you will note point No' 4 which says" IF YOU HAVE ANY VACCINATION RECORDS,X-RAY FILMS OR ANY OTHE MEDICAL REPORTS,PLEASE BRING THEM ALONG DURING YOUR INTERVIEW."

Pose,
I really dont know how else coz normally i follow what they tell us is appropriate. I thought its IOM who sends the results to the CO? That said i am looking at what is going on coz to me it seems to the a 1st for me.

QUOTE="pose, post: 2348930, member: 348481"]I think you had earlier told us this about getting them vaccines at City Hall. Its good for you if you saved some money in the medicals. All the best with your interview and do keep us posted.But I wonder ,on a similar light, I just went to the preparing for the interview, there is this link that says that for VISAs only these two physicians are approved for medicals http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NRB - Nairobi.pdf what are your thoughts on that?everyone else?
[/QUOTE]

yeah, i think for people whose interviews are abit earlier they have some lee way to risk just in case they are told to re do some of them vaccinations. But as far as the results taken to the CO, in the end all John had at City Hall is the vaccines, the xrays and the blood tests and the physical examination etc he still did at IOM which end of the day actually is the same thing.

By the way got my 2NL yesterday, have you gotten yours? @akelloh @Jonge?

yeah, i think for people whose interviews are abit earlier they have some lee way to risk just in case they are told to re do some of them vaccinations. But as far as the results taken to the CO, in the end all John had at City Hall is the vaccines, the xrays and the blood tests and the physical examination etc he still did at IOM which end of the day actually is the same thing.

By the way got my 2NL yesterday, have you gotten yours? @akelloh @Jonge?[/QUOTE]
YES,
Jonge is 8th am 15th for Akelloh i have no idea as yet. - For the VaccineJohn i really swear i need his guts for now coz i cant even think of walking on such a tight rope.

Go for it sir,saving 12k is no little money,you can comfortably pay for a driving course as i did or direct the cash somwwhere else.I might not tell what the hell the blood,xray and physical body checks are all about,but i can for sure say when it comes to vaccines,its business @ IOM,period.

This is true! but again as I said earlier If the doctor at IOM doubts any of that or any of the certificate from other facilities. She can still recommend them to you all over again, and you will pay again either way!
BTW Prince John, send me a friend request on facebuk. check my wall you'll see my fb name...

hallo folks hop ya all good i have received my appointment letter and my interview is on the 2nd week of Sept ,woo am very happy i hop other backbenchers have received theirs 2 to exited let me now book for medicals ,congrats to all ya

Psalms 40;5

Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

Remember God loves you and be blessed house

mrfnbommsc@iom.int

Meaning it is not working as well.

To me it looks like whatever gadget you are using I.P address or simply your email address is being treated as spam.
And it's being blocked automatically. Try using another laptop/phone or maybe another email.

I think you had earlier told us this about getting them vaccines at City Hall. Its good for you if you saved some money in the medicals. All the best with your interview and do keep us posted.But I wonder ,on a similar light, I just went to the preparing for the interview, there is this link that says that for VISAs only these two physicians are approved for medicals http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NRB - Nairobi.pdf what are your thoughts on that?everyone else?

You must use the panel physicians (on the list from the link) for the medical, but if you go to the physician with vaccination records from somewhere else, then you an avoid having to do them again. In the case above, going to city hall seems a sensible option to save some money.

To me it looks like whatever gadget you are using I.P address or simply your email address is being treated as spam.
And it's being blocked automatically. Try using another laptop/phone or maybe another email.
You really think this is a good reason enough - my Laptop or PC, or email? Well let me give it a shot n c.

hallo folks hop ya all good i have received my appointment letter and my interview is on the 2nd week of Sept ,woo am very happy i hop other backbenchers have received theirs 2 to exited let me now book for medicals ,congrats to all ya

Psalms 40;5

Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

Remember God loves you and be blessed house
@akelloh well all the Best...............Go pick your Visa we meet in Baltimore,Maryland