• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

congrats my bros , see ya 'll at ur new home bro!! Am hppy 4 di wonderful news u share to us terminator and the others, may God be with u at ur new journey ,like wise we too are behind u coming bro!! Take care! God is with us always!!

Congratulations Aleki!!...wishing you all the best in your preparations....to relocate to the land of milk and honey...!! Just remember to memorize the few words ulidanganya...if the CO keyed them in, in the computer you never know where you maybe asked again.....this things have away of coming up at unknown...times!! Or if possible one day rectify it!!! Otherwise I wish you all the best......c u in oklahoma party!!

for the last 2 days it has been butterflies for me. Today i woke up @ 4.00am went throu my docs to ensure everything was ok, i stucked ksh 32k into my socks, prayed and left home, by 5.50 i was @ the embassy gate, there were two lines one for men and other for ladies i lined up en i was 4th from front i stood there 4 30mins. gate was opened,we were checked, proceeded inside lined again this time together with ladies the line moved pretty fast after which u had 2 go 2ru another security check in batches of 4. From here u proceed to the interviewin room, here u submit ua appointment letter and given a waiting token and then u go out to the cold but to me it felt abit warm, after a 20-30 min wait my no is called i go in hand in my original documents and fotocopies am given invoice to go to cashier and pay i pay ksh29700 and am told to wait inside my name is called to counter 8 where my fingers and thumb scans are taken thou the indian guy complains just like the Cid officer complained that my fingers are too tall than std size. Again am sent outside i wait for sometimes my name is called to window 10:
Co: raise ur hand and swear that the information u have given is true
Me: yes, tru to the best of my knowledge
Co:r u married?
Me: No
Co: u hv any children
Co: what did u study after high school?
Me:xxxx
Co: did u complete it?
Me:no but due to the end of year (hapa ilinilazimu kudanganya)
Co:wea will u stay in USA
Me:xxxxxxx
Co: here we go , congratulation Mr ale...

for sure GOd had a reason why we were selected, is my hope and prayer in the nxt 2wks each one of us will be current. BE BLESSED and TOGETHER AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx buddy!! For the link will print and start working on it as i wait for the 2nl....hopefully will be in the post box in 3 Or so weeks time..

here is a link of that form..
http://www.knec.ac.ke/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=47

It's the 'Application for Statement of Examination Results' Fill it out, scan and send to someone in Nai together with a copy of the results slip and appointment letter when it comes..then wait and chase and chase until they send..

Congrats Terminator.......you really terminated the CO...there hope you raised your thumb and said " Hasta la vista baibe"....wishing you all the best with your preps....now go and conquer the US..pal

So after a restless night's sleep (suprise surprise), I got up at the usual time to go to work - as my interview was only scheduled for 1pm.

I got to Sandton City at around 12:25pm to park my car and then I made a short walk across the street to the entrance of the Johannesburg Consulate. Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed to find that I wasn't the first person to arrive, but nontheless, 3rd spot was not a bad consolation prize:) At the queue I started making some small talk with a pleasant elderly couple from Cape Town, who were on a different Immigration Visa interview to mine (think it was called the EB-1). In total, there were probably only 5 groups of people that were scheduled for interviews today.

When the clock striked 1 o'clock, the security guards asked us to present our appointment letters, along with our passports. We then proceeded to go through the standard security check and were asked to switch off our cell phones and leave behind with security.

When we got inside the Consulate, we were told to sit in the same order as we had queued. The first people up was a family of 5 from the DR Congo. They seemed to have a hellova lot of paper work with them, but maybe it seemed that way to me because I was just a lone ranger.
To my pleasant surprise, I was called ahead of the elderly couple, who then wished me goodluck, as i was called up to window number 4, where I was greeted by a local male. He asked me for all my original documents and the copies thereof, which I provided. He then asked me if I have any proof of funds, which I presented in the form of my bank statements and Affidavit of Support (yes, I over did it, but I wasn't willing to take any chances haha). After taking my finger prints, I was told to go to the cashier to pay the mandatory $330.

Once I had made the payment, I went back to the waiting area and about 20 minutes later, my name was called to window number 7, where I was greeted by an American lady that did a good job of not smiling initially...

This is how the interview went;

CO: Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Me: I do.

CO: When did you enter the DV lottery?
Me: Oct 2012

CO: When were you notified of your selection?
Me: In May 2013

CO: Have you ever been to the USA?
Me: Blah blah blah

CO: What do you do for a living?
Me: blah blah blah

CO: And before that?
Me: Blah blah blah

CO: Do you have any evidence to support yourself? Or have you already started looking for jobs?
Me: (There I go wipping out my ammunition lol) I've got my bank statement and an AOS.
CO: I see you're quite prepared, but I won't need your bank statements if you have an AOS with you.
Me: Yes ma'am

Co: Where do you plan on staying?
Me: In Boston

Co: It gets quite cold in Boston, FYI.
Me: So I've been told

Co: Do you want us to courier your package or are you willing to come pick it up personally?
Me: I live near by, so picking it up won't be an issue.

Co: (Presents me with a green form), please sign here where I have highlighted in pink.
Me: (as I sign and return it to her)There you go ma'am.

Co: We will call you when your immigration package is ready for collection.
Me: Thanks ma'am

Co: Oh and congratulations (finally a smile surfaces)
Me: Thank you very much (with the biggest grin of my life)

That was it good people. I was out of there in 85 minutes. I did feel that a lot of the questions asked, were just to while away time and that the decision was made well in advance of my interview (just my sense).

I know this was a very long message but I felt that I owe to myself and to the other people on this forum that have helped me along this journey, that I write out a detailed story of my interview experience. This was just my way of saying thank you.

To everyone that still has an interview to go to, all the best of luck and go in there with the documents that are needed, and everything else should be smooth sailing.

Hey guys..i have a question.. is it a must that one should provide his or her details pertaining to where he or she is currently working for example if one is currently working in a private company it is a must i present my papers that I've resigned or i'm still working or that's not a must. And if one is a government official like a teacher or policeman or soldier is it also a must that one shows his letter of resignation for you to be given your Visa..
If the applicant winner is working in a private company and husband is a government official...do they require that both should have resigned or will the resignation part only affect those that are in civil service (those that are working for the government)?
Congratulations Terminator and Aleki....you deserved it... ;)

this is great success God bless u mightily may he receive all the Glory for what he is doing no more fails in Jesus name.

for the last 2 days it has been butterflies for me. Today i woke up @ 4.00am went throu my docs to ensure everything was ok, i stucked ksh 32k into my socks, prayed and left home, by 5.50 i was @ the embassy gate, there were two lines one for men and other for ladies i lined up en i was 4th from front i stood there 4 30mins. gate was opened,we were checked, proceeded inside lined again this time together with ladies the line moved pretty fast after which u had 2 go 2ru another security check in batches of 4. From here u proceed to the interviewin room, here u submit ua appointment letter and given a waiting token and then u go out to the cold but to me it felt abit warm, after a 20-30 min wait my no is called i go in hand in my original documents and fotocopies am given invoice to go to cashier and pay i pay ksh29700 and am told to wait inside my name is called to counter 8 where my fingers and thumb scans are taken thou the indian guy complains just like the Cid officer complained that my fingers are too tall than std size. Again am sent outside i wait for sometimes my name is called to window 10:
Co: raise ur hand and swear that the information u have given is true
Me: yes, tru to the best of my knowledge
Co:r u married?
Co: u hv any children
Co: what did u study after high school?
Me:xxxx
Co: did u complete it?
Me:no but due to the end of year (hapa ilinilazimu kudanganya)
Co:wea will u stay in USA
Me:xxxxxxx
Co: here we go , congratulation Mr ale...

for sure GOd had a reason why we were selected, is my hope and prayer in the nxt 2wks each one of us will be current. BE BLESSED and TOGETHER AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats bro hav a successful journey and preaparation ,remember GOd loves you and be blessed mate

Big congrats to aleki and terminator ,i wish ya all the best and remember GOd loves you .And for those goin for their medicals and waiting for 2nl all the best and lets keep the faith .

Todays devotion

Psalms 33;22

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.

Remember God loves you and be blessed hse

Hi back benchers let's continue to have faith. I thought I got a high cn 97*** but have met someone with 110*** so I think my faith will be counted.

hello everyone... congrats for those who got their visas... i have a question, i've read where someone was asked to provide affidavit of support or bank statement, anyone knows why in US consulate they don't ask that... i don't know if i should get an affidavit of support or bank statement despite the fact that i am not currently employed... my interview is on 23 of july in nairobi...

Hi Bricepitt, I think the situation differs from person to person. In my situation, I was asked provide either or. I was quite surprised by that considering I work in a well know institution in SA and I have 2 degrees.
My view is that because the JNB Consulate is not busy, the Co had the luxury of asking me as many questions as she liked and she was merely checking if I am REALLY ready and PREPARED for the move to the USA. Perhaps she asked for proof of financial support because of my age (I'm 26 at the moment)? Who knows.

My best advise to you is that, go in there as prepared as possible because the Co's can ask anything. And eventhough you are younger than me and are not employed at the moment, your Co may not ask for proof of financial support.

Good luck.
hello everyone... congrats for those who got their visas... i have a question, i've read where someone was asked to provide affidavit of support or bank statement, anyone knows why in US consulate they don't ask that... i don't know if i should get an affidavit of support or bank statement despite the fact that i am not currently employed... my interview is on 23 of july in nairobi...
Brica

My brother lives just outside Boston - it certainly is nice there, and yes it is a great city. But I would prefer to stock my garage with motorbikes and wave runners as toys rather than snow blowers!

Hey..i have a question.. is it a must that one should provide his or her details pertaining to where he or she is currently working for example if one is currently working in a private company it is a must i present my papers that I've resigned or i'm still working or that's not a must. And if one is a government official like a teacher or policeman or soldier is it also a must that one shows his letter of resignation for you to be given your Visa..
If the applicant winner is working in a private company and husband is a government official...do they require that both should have resigned or will the resignation part only affect those that are in civil service (those that are working for the government)?

Hey guys..i have a question.. is it a must that one should provide his or her details pertaining to where he or she is currently working for example if one is currently working in a private company it is a must i present my papers that I've resigned or i'm still working or that's not a must. And if one is a government official like a teacher or policeman or soldier is it also a must that one shows his letter of resignation for you to be given your Visa..

No, in fact they specifically tell you NOT to make any life-changing plans, do not resign jobs, or sell homes, or even book tickets until you have your visa in hand.

Hi Bricepitt, I think the situation differs from person to person. In my situation, I was asked provide either or. I was quite surprised by that considering I work in a well know institution in SA and I have 2 degrees.
My view is that because the JNB Consulate is not busy, the Co had the luxury of asking me as many questions as she liked and she was merely checking if I am REALLY ready and PREPARED for the move to the USA. Perhaps she asked for proof of financial support because of my age (I'm 26 at the moment)? Who knows.

My best advise to you is that, go in there as prepared as possible because the Co's can ask anything. And eventhough you are younger than me and are not employed at the moment, your Co may not ask for proof of financial support.

Good luck.

Brica

I get the feeling JNB asks everyone for financial proof... everyone I know of who has interviewed there has been asked to show something.

God is in cotrol a week more to be 60 days, pls Lord help me, for dis aps to be resolved nw God in the name of u...

Hi mates according to previous years the VB showed current in sept. Does it mean that even those with high cn like 100*** need to be interview or they are not included. Please can some one help explain especially britsimon. Thanks

No, in fact they specifically tell you NOT to make any life-changing plans, do not resign jobs, or sell homes, or even book tickets until you have your visa in hand.

@SusieQQQ thanks for your reply. i have a friend who was the DV applicant winner and her husband was in the army. She passed the interview though her husband who serves in the army was told to clear, resign from the army first for him to receive his visa so that meant she got hers together with their kids visas first and he had to produce the documents to show he'd cleared to get his visa. He did so very quickly and he got his visa but afterwards. So that's why i was asking.