• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi mates, pls arnod happy sunday to you .please while I read at your own profile, I seecase number 75***, checked ......, interview very soo. Just to name a few. Please can you tell me how you got this on your profile because I can see everyone have it for I dont knowwhere is is found.thanks

You are told on the outset that a VISA is not going to be given to you and the reason y they are not giving you a VISA. That is all. A couple of people have been denied for various reasons. You are told exactly y.
@Arnold dis a question 4 u, do u have any idea how does the us embassy denied a dv applicant?

Pam 2014
Please under your name is a drop down Menu, Click on Signature and update it as you have accomplished. Say Medicals, COGC name it.
Hi mates, pls arnod happy sunday to you .please while I read at your own profile, I seecase number 75***, checked ......, interview very soo. Just to name a few. Please can you tell me how you got this on your profile because I can see everyone have it for I dont knowwhere is is found.thanks

please help my DV 2015 friend: His surname/last name was misspelled by the person who helped him apply for the lottery. Can this be rectified? How? He wants t add someone A girlfriend) as his wife in his DS260 forms..in his original application, he applied as single. Any advice please?

Enoo if the name was misspelled that shouldn't be a big issue...if insecure, he can have a sworn affidavit made. Regarding a girlfriend, this is not possible as the only person who can benefit is a spouse. Since they are not legally married, it will be impossible to include his girl friend and if he did he would be denied straight away. If he gets married to her however, he will need to prove that the marriage is genuine.

@Arnold dis a question 4 u, do u have any idea how does the us embassy denied a dv applicant?
TYT,

your AP will come to an end. You say it started in May, it will soon come to an end as 2 months have now elapsed. As you might already be aware being placed in AP is due to a number of reasons. Depending on the reason and the country you come from, the period in which it takes to get concluded can vary as well.

thank u jonge, let the almighty accept ur wish 4 me by God grace!! Praying 4 it to over nw, bt my country is sierra leone we dnt have a crime against the usa, wait let me ask dis question jonge ,nw before the issueance of visas all cases pass through aps nw bro, before any conclusion to be made by the case bro??

thank u jonge, let the almighty accept ur wish 4 me by God grace!! Praying 4 it to over nw, bt my country is sierra leone we dnt have a crime against the usa, wait let me ask dis question jonge ,nw before the issueance of visas all cases pass through aps nw bro, before any conclusion to be made by the case bro??

No, not all.
Some do, Some don't. And the reasons vary from case to case.

Hi,
you had a very fan and quick interview...thanks for sharing this with new people like me....what you mean by'' Here I saw my Knec certificate on file?'' some certificate came from knec?

Hey, this is the cert that KNEC sends a confidential copy of your KCSE cert to the embassy when you pay the fee at KNEC (Ksh.2320) I hope that makes sense :)

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

My interview at the embassy was successful and it took a record 28mins. I was even surprised that the interview had ended soo fast.

I got to the embassy at 0552 hours, found 10 people outside. Btw two drivers were fined at the gate for making a U-turn was told the fine was Ksh.5000 so those being dropped warn your drivers.

Stage 1: First Security Check (Just outside the gate)

At 0605 we were told to get into separate lines for males and females. Priority is given to pregnant mothers and those with kids below 10 years. Here you we were told to have our passports and appointment letter in our hands. We were frisked and proceeded. The female queue seemed to move slower coz of the mothers and kids, kinda felt irritated cz for every 3 men frisked 1 woman was frisked but I had to be patient.

Stage 2; Name Confirmation

After security, I proceeded ahead about 10m (well my estimation is poor) where a receptionist confirmed if my name was on the appointment list. After confirmation I queued awaiting the next stage. Thank God the first 8 in the queue get to sit as they await the next stage, was told to switch off my phone.

Stage 3; Second Security Check

Here you enter in a batch of 4 people at a time. It’s a thorough security check where I was asked to remove my wallet, coins, earphones, xray dvd. My phone and xray dvd was kept and I was given that ka-thing you are given when you put your luggage in a supermarket. Please keep it safely. I proceeded about 10m to the interviewing lobby. The place looks like a banking hall so expect nothing spectacular J

Stage 4; Token

I entered the interviewing hall where a lady re-checked my second notification letter and passport and gave me a token number. Went outside to sit at the waiting lobby as I IMPATIENTLY waited for my token to be called. Its an open place so you gotta keep yourself warm + you can also buy breakfast there to release tension.

Stage 5; Submission of Documents and payment

After like 15 mins, I was finally called inside the interviewing hall to a window. Here I saw my Knec certificate on my file. The lady asked me for my certificate of good conduct, original birth certificate and its photocopy, original KCSE certificate & its photocopy and 2 passport pics. In return she gave me the photos I had sent to Kentucky together with the 1st notification letter.

After the submission she directed me to the cashier where I paid Ksh.29,700 (330$) and I returned the receipt to her. Went outside to the waiting bay.

Stage 6; Finger prints

After another 12mins, I was called inside to have my fingerprints checked. Its digital so you just put your fingerprints on the fingerprints scanner. The officer also asked me to confirm my full names. Went back to the waiting bay.

Stage 7; Interview (Finally!! J)

Was called inside to have my interview, I actually didn’t know it was the final stage.

CO; Raise your hand and swear that all the information you have submitted is true. She gave me form Ds 230 I had sent earlier to sign.

Have you ever been married?

Do you have children?

Where will you go to live in US?

What did you do after high school?

All these questions I was asked very fast and in less than 20 seconds I had answered all of them.

She afterwards told me my visa had been granted and asked to register for dhl. That was it at 0850hrs. Came out happy and passed by the exit to collect my phone and xray dvd. I thank God for this blessing and am sure all of you remaining will have a similar experience. Chicago here I come baby!!

What I learnt

If you are a lady and you will probably be picked after the interview, avoid carrying unnecessary things on your handbag. If possible only carry your documents and wallet on a folder.

Confirm that you have all your documents before leaving the embassy.

Sorry the post was a lil bit long but I just wanted the back benchers to have a clear view of what goes on in the embassy. And as my profile pic is, thats how I have been dancing the whole day :)

Congrats Geemot, let the preparations begin..

can i correct mistake on ds 230 after 2nd notification letter
Breakthrough,

yes it can be corrected...download new forms fill them in and go with them to the interview...I hope the mistake is not something like adding a dependent or spouse then that will be very tricky...

Hallo folks only sum few days to our final VB and i want to wish all of ya good luck and i elieve that all will be current ,guys lets not loose HOPE the journey has been long and we have been patience so our rewrd of patience is only a few days away ,JONGE,ARNOLD when will you guys come for your medicals .Rembemer God loves you and be blessed

Isaiah 43;2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

Remember GOD loves you and be blessed

Hi Forumates,

Please keep me in your prayers, as I prepare for tomorrow's interview at the Johannesburg Consulate. The nerves are creeping in.

All the best to other upcoming interviewees.

Reactions: Yvt
Hi Forumates,

Please keep me in your prayers, as I prepare for tomorrow's interview at the Johannesburg Consulate. The nerves are creeping in.

All the best to other upcoming interviewees.
Hey remember you are the Terminator and all will be fine...Tomorrow about this time you will be sharing the awesome news with the rest of us.

dont worry my brother everything will go easily and smoothly by God grace, u will walk out of that embassy with no question by God grace, let the God almighty be ur final consult at the interview bro and u will truly walk out of the embassy happily and with smilling face bro , let God almighty cover u their anything that is impossible ,let it become posible by God grace!! Ameen! Type ameen or amen to claim dis prayer bro!! Jst keep on praying too bro everything will go dwn well ,no need to worry! Okay terminator?