• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi, I have a friend in the States that is doing the I-134 Affidavit of Support for me. He has completed filling the form, but do not know where to mail the Affidavit of Support form and supporting documents to.

May I know which USCIS office should he send it to?
He resides in Ohio. My DV2014 case is current for julay.
Please help, I need to let my friend know as soon as possible.
thanks

Hi, I have a friend in the States that is doing the I-134 Affidavit of Support for me. He has filled the form, but do not know where to mail the Affidavit of Support form and supporting documents to.

He resides in Ohio. My DV2014 case current in july.

Please help me, I need to let my friend know as soon as possible.

Hi, I have a friend in the States that is doing the I-134 Affidavit of Support for me. He has completed filling the form, but do not know where to mail the Affidavit of Support form and supporting documents to.

He resides in Ohio. My DV2014 case is current for julay.
Please help, I need to let my friend know as soon as possible.
thanks

He should send it to you - so that you can present it (IF asked) during your interview.

no one for my reply ,on my case concerning this ap ,how long it will take for dis ap to be done?? And do any1 have an idea any1 that gone through ap and he or she did nt gt his visa after the process has being finish??jorj ,britsmon pls help me with answer here ,i am confuse my brother and worried...

Don't worry, they'll be done with your case as soon as possible. Sometimes it takes as long as 150days to complete an AP and sometimes it may only take few days. So no one can tell you for sure how long it'll take.
Call your Embassy and inquire about your case but for me I thnk you'll get your visa before 30th Sept if all your documents were OK. Be a little bit more patient.
All the Best. :)

@Geemot CONGRATS FOR YOUR SUCCESS well can someone drive himself for the interview?kuna parking for pple na appointment?why did they give yu back the pics and initial notification?inbox me reply kindly
@Geemot CONGRATS FOR YOUR SUCCESS well can someone drive himself for the interview?kuna parking for pple na appointment?why did they give yu back the pics and initial notification?inbox me reply kindly

Because they replace 'em with the new ones you give during your interview.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

My interview at the embassy was successful and it took a record 28mins. I was even surprised that the interview had ended soo fast.

I got to the embassy at 0552 hours, found 10 people outside. Btw two drivers were fined at the gate for making a U-turn was told the fine was Ksh.5000 so those being dropped warn your drivers.

Stage 1: First Security Check (Just outside the gate)

At 0605 we were told to get into separate lines for males and females. Priority is given to pregnant mothers and those with kids below 10 years. Here you we were told to have our passports and appointment letter in our hands. We were frisked and proceeded. The female queue seemed to move slower coz of the mothers and kids, kinda felt irritated cz for every 3 men frisked 1 woman was frisked but I had to be patient.

Stage 2; Name Confirmation

After security, I proceeded ahead about 10m (well my estimation is poor) where a receptionist confirmed if my name was on the appointment list. After confirmation I queued awaiting the next stage. Thank God the first 8 in the queue get to sit as they await the next stage, was told to switch off my phone.

Stage 3; Second Security Check

Here you enter in a batch of 4 people at a time. It’s a thorough security check where I was asked to remove my wallet, coins, earphones, xray dvd. My phone and xray dvd was kept and I was given that ka-thing you are given when you put your luggage in a supermarket. Please keep it safely. I proceeded about 10m to the interviewing lobby. The place looks like a banking hall so expect nothing spectacular J

Stage 4; Token

I entered the interviewing hall where a lady re-checked my second notification letter and passport and gave me a token number. Went outside to sit at the waiting lobby as I IMPATIENTLY waited for my token to be called. Its an open place so you gotta keep yourself warm + you can also buy breakfast there to release tension.

Stage 5; Submission of Documents and payment

After like 15 mins, I was finally called inside the interviewing hall to a window. Here I saw my Knec certificate on my file. The lady asked me for my certificate of good conduct, original birth certificate and its photocopy, original KCSE certificate & its photocopy and 2 passport pics. In return she gave me the photos I had sent to Kentucky together with the 1st notification letter.

After the submission she directed me to the cashier where I paid Ksh.29,700 (330$) and I returned the receipt to her. Went outside to the waiting bay.

Stage 6; Finger prints

After another 12mins, I was called inside to have my fingerprints checked. Its digital so you just put your fingerprints on the fingerprints scanner. The officer also asked me to confirm my full names. Went back to the waiting bay.

Stage 7; Interview (Finally!! J)

Was called inside to have my interview, I actually didn’t know it was the final stage.

CO; Raise your hand and swear that all the information you have submitted is true. She gave me form Ds 230 I had sent earlier to sign.

Have you ever been married?

Do you have children?

Where will you go to live in US?

What did you do after high school?

All these questions I was asked very fast and in less than 20 seconds I had answered all of them.

She afterwards told me my visa had been granted and asked to register for dhl. That was it at 0850hrs. Came out happy and passed by the exit to collect my phone and xray dvd. I thank God for this blessing and am sure all of you remaining will have a similar experience. Chicago here I come baby!!

What I learnt

If you are a lady and you will probably be picked after the interview, avoid carrying unnecessary things on your handbag. If possible only carry your documents and wallet on a folder.

Confirm that you have all your documents before leaving the embassy.

Sorry the post was a lil bit long but I just wanted the back benchers to have a clear view of what goes on in the embassy. And as my profile pic is, thats how I have been dancing the whole day :)
Geemot,

congratulations and thanks for sharing your interview experience. It will certainly be helpful to us backbenchers as we prepare for our interviews in the coming weeks/months. All the best as you prepare to relocate to the States.

Congrats Geemot....that was super lightning speed interview...seems the CO had decided to hand you the visa before you showed up at the window...wish you all the best with the preparations for Chicago.....thanks for sharing the experience...!!!

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

My interview at the embassy was successful and it took a record 28mins. I was even surprised that the interview had ended soo fast.

I got to the embassy at 0552 hours, found 10 people outside. Btw two drivers were fined at the gate for making a U-turn was told the fine was Ksh.5000 so those being dropped warn your drivers.

At 0605 we were told to get into separate lines for males and females. Priority is given to pregnant mothers and those with kids below 10 years. Here you we were told to have our passports and appointment letter in our hands. We were frisked and proceeded. The female queue seemed to move slower coz of the mothers and kids, kinda felt irritated cz for every 3 men frisked 1 woman was frisked but I had to be patient.

After security, I proceeded ahead about 10m (well my estimation is poor) where a receptionist confirmed if my name was on the appointment list. After confirmation I queued awaiting the next stage. Thank God the first 8 in the queue get to sit as they await the next stage, was told to switch off my phone.

Here you enter in a batch of 4 people at a time. It’s a thorough security check where I was asked to remove my wallet, coins, earphones, xray dvd. My phone and xray dvd was kept and I was given that ka-thing you are given when you put your luggage in a supermarket. Please keep it safely. I proceeded about 10m to the interviewing lobby. The place looks like a banking hall so expect nothing spectacular J

Stage 4; Token

I entered the interviewing hall where a lady re-checked my second notification letter and passport and gave me a token number. Went outside to sit at the waiting lobby as I IMPATIENTLY waited for my token to be called. Its an open place so you gotta keep yourself warm + you can also buy breakfast there to release tension.

After like 15 mins, I was finally called inside the interviewing hall to a window. Here I saw my Knec certificate on my file. The lady asked me for my certificate of good conduct, original birth certificate and its photocopy, original KCSE certificate & its photocopy and 2 passport pics. In return she gave me the photos I had sent to Kentucky together with the 1st notification letter.

After the submission she directed me to the cashier where I paid Ksh.29,700 (330$) and I returned the receipt to her. Went outside to the waiting bay.

Stage 6; Finger prints

After another 12mins, I was called inside to have my fingerprints checked. Its digital so you just put your fingerprints on the fingerprints scanner. The officer also asked me to confirm my full names. Went back to the waiting bay.

Was called inside to have my interview, I actually didn’t know it was the final stage.

CO; Raise your hand and swear that all the information you have submitted is true. She gave me form Ds 230 I had sent earlier to sign.

Do you have children?

All these questions I was asked very fast and in less than 20 seconds I had answered all of them.

She afterwards told me my visa had been granted and asked to register for dhl. That was it at 0850hrs. Came out happy and passed by the exit to collect my phone and xray dvd. I thank God for this blessing and am sure all of you remaining will have a similar experience. Chicago here I come baby!!

What I learnt

If you are a lady and you will probably be picked after the interview, avoid carrying unnecessary things on your handbag. If possible only carry your documents and wallet on a folder.

Sorry the post was a lil bit long but I just wanted the back benchers to have a clear view of what goes on in the embassy. And as my profile pic is, thats how I have been dancing the whole day :)

Hi tyt....personally i have not come across anyone who was on AP and was denied...every one on this forum received their visas after AP....also many forums i have gone through i have not seen a denial on AP as Jorj has mentioned NO ONE CAN TELL OR PREDICT WHEN YOUR AP WILL END JUST KEEP PRAYING AND CALLING THE EMBASSY TO GET UPDATES ON YOUR CASE.....THE INFO THEY ARE TRYING TO VERIFY IF IT IS QUICKLY AVAILABLE YOUR AP WILL BE OVER SOON!!!..i wish you all the best....on your Ap with positive out come..:)

no one for my reply ,on my case concerning this ap ,how long it will take for dis ap to be done?? And do any1 have an idea any1 that gone through ap and he or she did nt gt his visa after the process has being finish??jorj ,britsmon pls help me with answer here ,i am confuse my brother and worried...

@princejohn am also waiting for clarification on why one goes to city hall again after getting em vaccines?I dont know about getting all the vaccinations outside IOM and what that leads to but I shall google around and see what it says on IOM site just to be sure to avoid double spending by getting them twice, outside and at IOM[/QUOTE

No clarification needed, it's about saving money..IOM wont be happy about losing the chance to make cash but i can confirm i did some vaccines elsewhere and didn't have to get them at IOM as my yellow fever card showed i'd already taken them before..city council is much cheaper than IOM and you wont be forced to repeat..

Trust me Pose,
If really we would be getting them elsewhere for the cheaps - we all would be doing just that. However the CO is really specific about where we should be doing our Medicals from. Prince John we all wanna save but much as it could be legitimate for now none of us wants to take some risks especially the September August Lot when just one simple thing just APs you......

Take them anywhere, as long as they are entered in your yellow fever card..no problem. I did that

hello guys... i have a query...i got an e-mailfrom IOM STATIND THAT I SHOULD attend on 2th and 3rd for medical evaluation but the problem is i am reall really really busy on those days... i have replied them back to give me another date... do u think that it's a god idea, or i should just go and leave everything that i will be doing on 2 nd and 3rd... please advice

Suggest to IOM when you want to do your medicals..they dont have a problem with that

There is no parking at the Embassy. I parked next to the Kenol Kobil at the junction and walked. Paid 200bob. Ask the askari at the gas station.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Stage 4; Token

Stage 6; Finger prints

Do you have children?

What I learnt

Wow! Now thats some good news. Its been a while since we had one of us having an interview. Wishing u good preparations as u prepare to go to chicago. This gives us hope that it is possible. #letskeepthehopealive!!!

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

wow wow wow
that was pretty short and brief
congrates and we key into this testimony and pray the Almighty will make ours the backbenchers as simple as urs.
Wish u the best and His guidance as relocations things occupy ur mind now
:)

thank u my brother jorj and the others for the advice, its seems like it help me a lot with confident of the Lord that my AP will soon over before the end of this month by God grace, let the Lord almighty help and everyone us who us on ap or does that have nt done their interview yet let everything go normal for them at the interview with no question by the consular like the way Allah made it for me in the interview...but praying against ap does that on ap like me i pray to the lord let them work on fast for us be4 the end of this month ,for us to be happy nd celebrate wit tears of joy in the name of Allah...i hope our ap will soon over...ameen.

Geemot,
Thanks for posting us your Interview experience. This is what we need to give us a boost. 4 whatever reason i dont know y i got shivers when reading your interview experience. Awesome.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Stage 4; Token

Stage 6; Finger prints

Do you have children?

What I learnt

Congrats maaan....the visa was definitely urs 4keeps!!

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Stage 4; Token

Stage 6; Finger prints

Do you have children?

What I learnt

I am already in the USA since late last year (2013) My concern: I want to join college but am wondering if my Kenyan degree will have any implication in terms of credit transfers and exemptions. According to you, which are some of the best courses here?