• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

VACCINES-If any of you has doubts about the vaccines,relax,you will get them @ IOM.I have sourced credible info,pple who are travelling to USA usualy go to city hall,I.C.Those in doubt can verify the same @ innoculation center.My point is-This Dv thing is expensive,so when you get the opportunity of scaling down the cost just VACCINES-If any of you has doubts about the vaccines,relax,you will get them @ IOM.I have sourced credible info,pple who are travelling to USA usualy go to city hall,I.C.Those in doubt can verify the same @ innoculation center.My point is-This Dv thing is expensive,so when you get the opportunity of scaling down the cost just grab it!
Prince John,
You n your credible sources.....OK let us c how it goes. Anyway it could be genuine but for now we under the pressure and stress of the unknown. We cant take risks to pile on what we already have.....

hello guys... i have a query...i got an e-mailfrom IOM STATIND THAT I SHOULD attend on 2th and 3rd for medical evaluation but the problem is i am reall really really busy on those days... i have replied them back to give me another date... do u think that it's a god idea, or i should just go and leave everything that i will be doing on 2 nd and 3rd... please advice

So Really forumates,
Who is doing interviews? Is everyone slated for July, August, September? Anyway all the best to the pendings and those doing their medicals have a blast n let the Glory of the Lord shine on you.

Hi bricepitt...in my opinion i would take the medicals on the given dates!!...but as well depends how far your interview date is...eg a month away thats fine...all the best with the meds..

hello guys... i have a query...i got an e-mailfrom IOM STATIND THAT I SHOULD attend on 2th and 3rd for medical evaluation but the problem is i am reall really really busy on those days... i have replied them back to give me another date... do u think that it's a god idea, or i should just go and leave everything that i will be doing on 2 nd and 3rd... please advice

Bricepitt,
IOM is not the CO where they schedule your interviews n you dont want to disappoint, YOU SHOW UP COME WHAT MAY. It's OK for you to reschedule your medicals AND DO as and when you feel suit. They shall go with the date you have given. If not they shall communicate. Though remember they now are also facing a race against time. Many guys are having their medicals lately....remember many August Currents are being told to do interviews in July - So its not easy. But Relax all shall be well. Give them a call its that easy.

Bricepitt,
IOM is not the CO where they schedule your interviews n you dont want to disappoint, YOU SHOW UP COME WHAT MAY. It's OK for you to reschedule your medicals AND DO as and when you feel suit. They shall go with the date you have given. If not they shall communicate. Though remember they now are also facing a race against time. Many guys are having their medicals lately....remember many August Currents are being told to do interviews in July - So its not easy. But Relax all shall be well. Give them a call its that easy.

True....!!true...!! Nganda most people have been saving up cash for a year or so...n all old members have known the medical costs since the first person on the forum shared their experience.....expensive they are mostly for a large family....personally coming this far i would go for iom medicals as every one on the forum has gone there!!! Good advice though Prince John...

Prince John,
You n your credible sources.....OK let us c how it goes. Anyway it could be genuine but for now we under the pressure and stress of the unknown. We cant take risks to pile on what we already have.....

hello jorj , yeah i really want to serve the marine corps, and how long i u have to wait for this AP to be finish on my case my brother coz its nw around two month ,still on AP bro i am confuse and worried bro ,more especially when i checked my status on ceac its shown ready..why? And jorj do u have any idea of some1 that put on AP and did nt gt his or her visas after the review process has be done bro? Because this AP really pissed me off...

cn: 2014AF00047XXX
CHD: 9/5/2013
FORMS SENT: 27/05/2013
CONFIRMED: 09/2013
2ND NL: 15/5/2014
MED: Late june
Interview :early july
Visa Pickup: inshallah
P.O.E : MN
GC/SSN/D/L:Inshallah

guy anyone ever heard of anyone denied visa coz of doing medicals late?

Uta,
I understand dearly so well. 4 sure John maybe legit - but 4 now saving or not - the CO wants that medical done at the IOM. I even fear to risk doing it elsewhere. Its just that the old forum is not so active. I had posted about this in February or January about doing the shots on a cheap - EVERYONE asked me where? And seemed no one wanted to change from IOM.

True....!!true...!! Nganda most people have been saving up cash for a year or so...n all old members have known the medical costs since the first person on the forum shared their experience.....expensive they are mostly for a large family....personally coming this far i would go for iom medicals as every one on the forum has gone there!!! Good advice though Prince John...

thought this World cup was going to occupy me for the remaining 3 weeks before the VB but seem to be annoying :mad::(. Cameroon eeeeeegh

Hallo folks hop ya ya doing great and for the backbenchers is the bench really warm ? heheh wishin my fellow mates a great tym during this world cup and WeLCOM to the new members .Remember GOD LOVES YU AND BE BLESSED FOLKS.Where is Family the house is really missin him ,hop he is doin great .Jonge and arnold days are really flying ,be prepared guys thhe marathon is comin to an end soon

Todays devotion

Psalms 125;1-2

They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.

Remember GOD loves you and be blessed folks

Hi Akelloh
hahahaha the bench is not just warm but hot now as the last VB approaches.
Thx for the comforting word. U ve really being a blessing to this forum and never failed to bring His comforting and assuring . words to all

Hullo Felllooowww Backbenchers,
As you are aware we r current in September. Based on the outcome in June - When the 2nd NLs were out from the 8th....... i do hope that we are only 19 days which is just over 2 weeks. We have come this far guys Let God help us be patient n safe as we enjoy the World Cup.
Let us be careful not to mislead pple going for medical at IOM well the rule is very clear.....................JUST GO TO IOM IN GIGIRI WELL THE BENEFITS IN GOING USA OUTWEIGHS THE FEW THAOZ SUM ARE PRE-EMPTING TO SAVE.................US EMBASSY ARE STRICT NDUGU ZANGUNI.................;);););););)

Trust me Pose,
If really we would be getting them elsewhere for the cheaps - we all would be doing just that. However the CO is really specific about where we should be doing our Medicals from. Prince John we all wanna save but much as it could be legitimate for now none of us wants to take some risks especially the September August Lot when just one simple thing just APs you......
@ARNOLD NGANDA i concur with you.........they say DV is simple but strict so let no one mislead you to goof ya chance of going states n Sep is here with US................

cn: 2014AF00047XXX
CHD: 9/5/2013
FORMS SENT: 27/05/2013
CONFIRMED: 09/2013
2ND NL: 15/5/2014
MED: Late june
Interview :early july
Visa Pickup: inshallah
P.O.E : MN
GC/SSN/D/L:Inshallah

guy anyone ever heard of anyone denied visa coz of doing medicals late?
2 week before interview is the standard set...........No more No less

HI friends. I need your advice concerning joining college. Should I indicate in the application forms that I have higher education from Kenya (Degree). Which implication will that have, if any?

Hey @enoo, I am hoping you are already in the states and thinking of joining school. If so, here is what I would advise you to do. If the field of education you want to pursue is similar to what you did it Kenya, I suggest you join graduate school rather than starting from scratch. If not, then the Kenyan degree might be of little help. But in any case, you should mention all your qualifications in the application. It surely helps in getting you into the hard to get in colleges. You can also have your Kenyan degree evaluated - this is basically determining whether it is equivalent to any US degrees (this is where I got mine evaluated: www.thedegreepeople.com). All this is from personal experience. I immediately went back to grad school using my Ugandan degree as the basis. Let me know in case you have any specific questions on this.

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

My interview at the embassy was successful and it took a record 28mins. I was even surprised that the interview had ended soo fast.

I got to the embassy at 0552 hours, found 10 people outside. Btw two drivers were fined at the gate for making a U-turn was told the fine was Ksh.5000 so those being dropped warn your drivers.

Stage 1: First Security Check (Just outside the gate)

At 0605 we were told to get into separate lines for males and females. Priority is given to pregnant mothers and those with kids below 10 years. Here you we were told to have our passports and appointment letter in our hands. We were frisked and proceeded. The female queue seemed to move slower coz of the mothers and kids, kinda felt irritated cz for every 3 men frisked 1 woman was frisked but I had to be patient.

Stage 2; Name Confirmation

After security, I proceeded ahead about 10m (well my estimation is poor) where a receptionist confirmed if my name was on the appointment list. After confirmation I queued awaiting the next stage. Thank God the first 8 in the queue get to sit as they await the next stage, was told to switch off my phone.

Stage 3; Second Security Check

Here you enter in a batch of 4 people at a time. It’s a thorough security check where I was asked to remove my wallet, coins, earphones, xray dvd. My phone and xray dvd was kept and I was given that ka-thing you are given when you put your luggage in a supermarket. Please keep it safely. I proceeded about 10m to the interviewing lobby. The place looks like a banking hall so expect nothing spectacular J

Stage 4; Token

I entered the interviewing hall where a lady re-checked my second notification letter and passport and gave me a token number. Went outside to sit at the waiting lobby as I IMPATIENTLY waited for my token to be called. Its an open place so you gotta keep yourself warm + you can also buy breakfast there to release tension.

Stage 5; Submission of Documents and payment

After like 15 mins, I was finally called inside the interviewing hall to a window. Here I saw my Knec certificate on my file. The lady asked me for my certificate of good conduct, original birth certificate and its photocopy, original KCSE certificate & its photocopy and 2 passport pics. In return she gave me the photos I had sent to Kentucky together with the 1st notification letter.

After the submission she directed me to the cashier where I paid Ksh.29,700 (330$) and I returned the receipt to her. Went outside to the waiting bay.

Stage 6; Finger prints

After another 12mins, I was called inside to have my fingerprints checked. Its digital so you just put your fingerprints on the fingerprints scanner. The officer also asked me to confirm my full names. Went back to the waiting bay.

Stage 7; Interview (Finally!! J)

Was called inside to have my interview, I actually didn’t know it was the final stage.

CO; Raise your hand and swear that all the information you have submitted is true. She gave me form Ds 230 I had sent earlier to sign.

Have you ever been married?

Do you have children?

Where will you go to live in US?

What did you do after high school?

All these questions I was asked very fast and in less than 20 seconds I had answered all of them.

She afterwards told me my visa had been granted and asked to register for dhl. That was it at 0850hrs. Came out happy and passed by the exit to collect my phone and xray dvd. I thank God for this blessing and am sure all of you remaining will have a similar experience. Chicago here I come baby!!

What I learnt

If you are a lady and you will probably be picked after the interview, avoid carrying unnecessary things on your handbag. If possible only carry your documents and wallet on a folder.

Confirm that you have all your documents before leaving the embassy.

Sorry the post was a lil bit long but I just wanted the back benchers to have a clear view of what goes on in the embassy. And as my profile pic is, thats how I have been dancing the whole day :)

no one for my reply ,on my case concerning this ap ,how long it will take for dis ap to be done?? And do any1 have an idea any1 that gone through ap and he or she did nt gt his visa after the process has being finish??jorj ,britsmon pls help me with answer here ,i am confuse my brother and worried...

Last edited:
MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

My interview at the embassy was successful and it took a record 28mins. I was even surprised that the interview had ended soo fast.

I got to the embassy at 0552 hours, found 10 people outside. Btw two drivers were fined at the gate for making a U-turn was told the fine was Ksh.5000 so those being dropped warn your drivers.

Stage 1: First Security Check (Just outside the gate)

At 0605 we were told to get into separate lines for males and females. Priority is given to pregnant mothers and those with kids below 10 years. Here you we were told to have our passports and appointment letter in our hands. We were frisked and proceeded. The female queue seemed to move slower coz of the mothers and kids, kinda felt irritated cz for every 3 men frisked 1 woman was frisked but I had to be patient.

Stage 2; Name Confirmation

After security, I proceeded ahead about 10m (well my estimation is poor) where a receptionist confirmed if my name was on the appointment list. After confirmation I queued awaiting the next stage. Thank God the first 8 in the queue get to sit as they await the next stage, was told to switch off my phone.

Stage 3; Second Security Check

Here you enter in a batch of 4 people at a time. It’s a thorough security check where I was asked to remove my wallet, coins, earphones, xray dvd. My phone and xray dvd was kept and I was given that ka-thing you are given when you put your luggage in a supermarket. Please keep it safely. I proceeded about 10m to the interviewing lobby. The place looks like a banking hall so expect nothing spectacular J

Stage 4; Token

I entered the interviewing hall where a lady re-checked my second notification letter and passport and gave me a token number. Went outside to sit at the waiting lobby as I IMPATIENTLY waited for my token to be called. Its an open place so you gotta keep yourself warm + you can also buy breakfast there to release tension.

Stage 5; Submission of Documents and payment

After like 15 mins, I was finally called inside the interviewing hall to a window. Here I saw my Knec certificate on my file. The lady asked me for my certificate of good conduct, original birth certificate and its photocopy, original KCSE certificate & its photocopy and 2 passport pics. In return she gave me the photos I had sent to Kentucky together with the 1st notification letter.

After the submission she directed me to the cashier where I paid Ksh.29,700 (330$) and I returned the receipt to her. Went outside to the waiting bay.

Stage 6; Finger prints

After another 12mins, I was called inside to have my fingerprints checked. Its digital so you just put your fingerprints on the fingerprints scanner. The officer also asked me to confirm my full names. Went back to the waiting bay.

Stage 7; Interview (Finally!! J)

Was called inside to have my interview, I actually didn’t know it was the final stage.

CO; Raise your hand and swear that all the information you have submitted is true. She gave me form Ds 230 I had sent earlier to sign.

Have you ever been married?

Do you have children?

Where will you go to live in US?

What did you do after high school?

All these questions I was asked very fast and in less than 20 seconds I had answered all of them.

She afterwards told me my visa had been granted and asked to register for dhl. That was it at 0850hrs. Came out happy and passed by the exit to collect my phone and xray dvd. I thank God for this blessing and am sure all of you remaining will have a similar experience. Chicago here I come baby!!

What I learnt

If you are a lady and you will probably be picked after the interview, avoid carrying unnecessary things on your handbag. If possible only carry your documents and wallet on a folder.

Confirm that you have all your documents before leaving the embassy.

Sorry the post was a lil bit long but I just wanted the back benchers to have a clear view of what goes on in the embassy. And as my profile pic is, thats how I have been dancing the whole day :)
@Geemot CONGRATS FOR YOUR SUCCESS well can someone drive himself for the interview?kuna parking for pple na appointment?why did they give yu back the pics and initial notification?inbox me reply kindly

Last edited: