• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2014 asia case number highest

Hi all, i'm from asian,

my CN is 2014AS00021***. I've sent the form in first week of August by DHL and delivered after 2 days according to DHL online tracking. but i haven't got any notification from KCC that they've received my form, then i emailed them, and they replied that i need to wait from 10 weeks to 12 weeks from the day i sent. cos of my CN is very high? What should i do? thank u very much.

You need to get used to waiting. DHL have confirmed KCC received it, so that is fine. Your number won't be current for months yet so there is nothing you can or should do until then. In a couple of months time you could email them again to confirm your forms have been processed, but again - NOTHING you can do will speed things up - you just have to wait.

You need to get used to waiting. DHL have confirmed KCC received it, so that is fine. Your number won't be current for months yet so there is nothing you can or should do until then. In a couple of months time you could email them again to confirm your forms have been processed, but again - NOTHING you can do will speed things up - you just have to wait.

Thank you very much, Simon. You're always there for us. God bless.

Hi,Britsimon,kayend &Revaesky!
I’m a DV Lottery 2014 winner from Asia(Sri Lanka) with C/N-162XX
According to the DV-2013 data(CEAC),
Region Interviewed Max C/N # of Interviewed Main Applicants Holes
AF 97005 18800 78205=(97005-18800)
AS 10682 5457 5225
EU 30532 8751 21781
NA 8 4 4
OC 1648 495 1153
SA 1252 384 868

1. Do you think is it possible to have these amount of holes especially for AF,AS & EU?(Africa 78205 holes,EU-21781 holes)
2. Total # of Interviewed Main Applicants-33891,then how will they complete their 50000 Quota?
3.Is 50,000 visas counted only for main applicants or with dependants?
4.This year Asia's highest C/N is around 27000 and with 23000 winnners(with dependants),I think this year asia may have around 12000 holes...so this year CN's will move faster than last year and below C/N 20000 is safe....Are you agree with me guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,Britsimon,kayend &Revaesky!
I’m a DV Lottery 2014 winner from Asia(Sri Lanka) with C/N-162XX
According to the DV-2013 data(CEAC),
Region Interviewed Max C/N # of Interviewed Main Applicants Holes
AF 97005 18800 78205=(97005-18800)
AS 10682 5457 5225
EU 30532 8751 21781
NA 8 4 4
OC 1648 495 1153
SA 1252 384 868

1. Do you think is it possible to have these amount of holes especially for AF,AS & EU?(Africa 78205 holes,EU-21781 holes)
2. Total # of Interviewed Main Applicants-33891,then how will they complete their 50000 Quota?
3.Is 50,000 visas counted only for main applicants or with dependants?
4.This year Asia's highest C/N is around 27000 and with 23000 winnners(with dependants),I think this year asia may have around 12000 holes...so this year CN's will move faster than last year and below C/N 20000 is safe....Are you agree with me guys?

Firstly there is possibly a problem with the CEAC. the highest numbers are lower than we would expect. Raevsky might be able to clear it up - I am avoiding the urge to write some PHP to figure this out.

Next, you have misunderstood the holes and the dropouts. The holes are true holes caused by people that were disqualified before being notified (fraudulent entries which were selected, then checked and disqualified).

Then you have to understand that of the selectees, not everyone will proceed with the process. Many people will change their mind for many reasons.

You have taken the number of interviews in 2013 and taken that as the selectees - that is not correct.

The 50k visas is including dependents (roughly 1.6 visas issued per selectee, globally).

Not sure of your logic on Asia, but I would think the max case will be around 20k.

Thank you for your information Britsimon…:)
But, according to the CEAC data(DV 2013),
You can see most (89%) document submitted winners(DV 2013) got their 2 notification letter(If they eligible).
Winners announced before additional selection, including family members=> 16045
Max # before additional selection=> 9794
Additional selection on 22/10/2012=> 1208(with family members)
Total winners after additional selection=>17253
Max # after additional selection=>10682
Check the last table
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WWnJoV1BZSTF0R0JGeVRSTFE&usp=drive_web#gid=11
Last year they couldn’t fill up the Asian quota(other regions also), that’s why they did additional selection. Because of the above reason they selected more winners this year.(140,660)
I think this year also document submitted winners (around 75%) will get their 2NL.But this year we don’t have additional selection.

Asian DV-Lottery 2014 Issues

Hi Everyone!

I am from Asia (Afghanistan). I have submitted the two forms and got the confirmation of receiving but still (30-October-2014) I don't know the further status of my case. Can anyone please guide me that what will be the next steps and how I get notification for further processing?

My case number is: 00016XXX
What you think about my change of winning?

Hi Everyone!

I am from Asia (Afghanistan). I have submitted the two forms and got the confirmation of receiving but still (30-October-2014) I don't know the further status of my case. Can anyone please guide me that what will be the next steps and how I get notification for further processing?

Your case number means that it will be several months before you hear anything else. Your number should be below the highest cutoff, but it will probably not be processed until July/August of next year.

Hi Everyone!

-----
hi
i am also from afghanistan and my case number is 00016XXX ,so can we say afghan case number is high?

no I dont think afgan has any country limit but What I saw being in this forum for nearly 7 months is I dont see much risk for higher cases of asia from Srilanka afgan etc.. the matter of worry is really for the Iran and Nepal high cases since both has over 6000 selectees so its just matter of time and the help of our Dv genius like Bristimon simso gabam sussique etc post I can Now say that asia cuttoff will leap a big jump after 10000 in order to cover all asian as till that time may be Nepal and iran quaota ma fill leaving a big holes..
isn't there any country limit to afghan??

I think we can get a clear picture about this once they published the Visa bulletin for January, They will publish it around November 5th ?? when they will be able to reach 10000CN?

no I dont think afgan has any country limit but What I saw being in this forum for nearly 7 months is I dont see much risk for higher cases of asia from Srilanka afgan etc.. the matter of worry is really for the Iran and Nepal high cases since both has over 6000 selectees so its just matter of time and the help of our Dv genius like Bristimon simso gabam sussique etc post I can Now say that asia cuttoff will leap a big jump after 10000 in order to cover all asian as till that time may be Nepal and iran quaota ma fill leaving a big holes..

We will have big jump only when 2 of the possible scenario happen:

1. Either Nepal or Iran already hit the country limit, so the subsequent selectees from the 2 countries will not have any more interview scheduled.
2. Either Nepal or Iran will have a special cut off due to logistic issue (too many interview scheduled for 1 country for a particular month that the consular post cannot handle, therefore it need to treat it differently).

Initially thought of both countries have created more holes due to the selection limit reached has been ruled out because we do see selectees from both countries having selectees with case # above 23k.

Anyway, January onward we should expect faster progress because history tell us that Jan to Sep is when DV start to pick up the visa processing momentum.

Last edited by a moderator:
-----
hi
i am also from afghanistan and my case number is 00016XXX ,so can we say afghan case number is high?

Thanks Nassim jan!
As we see our two cases (yours and mine), it shows somewhat a high rank. As I have calculated, there are 23XXX Case Numbers and so that our cases seems to be a bit high. As well, in 2013 the highest cut-off cases have been 10XXX, that's why I am worried as you are.

Please keep in touch

Regards

Unfair Look To Asian Cases

Dear all!

As we see, there are unfair processing of Asian cases. The African and European cases are processing with huge amount each month but look at the Asian cases:

October: 1,800
November: 2,500
December: 2,650

As you see, there will be only 150 cases to be processed on December but look at the African region which are at about more than 10,000 cases each month. I am badly disappointed! where there are more than 23,000 cases for Asia region. How this huge amount can be processed within the next nine months only with 150 cases each month?

By the way, let's be hopeful!

be calm this time we asian will have atleast of 1000 increament...
Dear all!

As we see, there are unfair processing of Asian cases. The African and European cases are processing with huge amount each month but look at the Asian cases:

October: 1,800
November: 2,500
December: 2,650

As you see, there will be only 150 cases to be processed on December but look at the African region which are at about more than 10,000 cases each month. I am badly disappointed! where there are more than 23,000 cases for Asia region. How this huge amount can be processed within the next nine months only with 150 cases each month?

By the way, let's be hopeful!

Salam. I am also from afghanistan my number is 23xxx is it so high number ?

Yes it is high. It is higher than the final cutoff predicted by some, whilst others believe numbers may go that high depending on the country cutuffs for Iran and Nepal. All you can do is wait and watch the visa bulletins - fingers crossed for you.

How to read visa bulletin for DV case number?

How do you know what case number will get the second letter at what time? My case number is 2014AS0011xxx. When do I get the second letter? How do I know that? I tried to read the visa bulletin but could not understand it. Any help?