• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

t.maz
t.maz is offline Registered Users (C)

bowing out

hi guys been a while.

wel my medicals and police clearence done. interview was supposed to be tomoro but was moved to the 27th coz its a public holiday this side tomoro.
my actually not go coz it seems i do not meet the basic educational requirements for our embassy here, tho i have A-levels and a degree, but i only have four o-level passes. see below.

Dear Applicant:

We have received your Diversity Visa case from the Kentucky

Consular Center (KCC), but need your help in order to complete processing

of your immigrant visa.

Before you proceed any further, please review the requirements of

the DV program and ensure that you are qualified. U.S. law and regulations

require that every diversity visa entrant must have at least a high school

education or its equivalent; or have within the past five years, two years

of work experience in a qualifying occupation. For Zimbabwe, successful

passage in at least 5 subjects during your Ordinary Examinations is

considered a high school equivalent.

so looks like i am not eligable

Misses
Misses is offline Registered Users (C)
Go for ur interview, u have an A/L, if u have good grades and with ur degree, it will be ok.

t.maz
hi christabel.

got my 2nl and was scheduled for the 13th which is tomoro but the embassy sent me an email lastweek saying my interview has been moved coz today and tomoro are both public holidays here in zim.

just saying i may not go for interview bevcause i dont meet the basic educational requirements.
maybe i am wrong but is a high school educational not the bare minimum level of education that is considered? what if like in my case i only have four ordinary level passes but have passed a-level and have a degree am i still ineligble or my a-level and degree have me covered?

HELP

essieta
essieta is offline Registered Users (C)
Lol!! very funny...dont even have sleepless nites,it will just b a chat with CO...but organize yourself n mind well

All the best & Solwach too

Sm1smom
Sm1smom is offline Registered Users (C)
Do you have a college degree apart from the A/L? Read that email you got from the embassy, it says 'at least a high school education ...'

So I suggest you give it a shot! Don't simply give up.

t.maz
yes have a college degree. The interpretation of t

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys The Lord is so faithful! I got the visa and it was the easiest interview I have ever had! Glory be to the God of favor and breakthrough.

Will update you all soon on how the interview went

congratulation long tyme tmaz no see

Guys The Lord is so faithful! I got the visa and it was the easiest interview I have ever had! Glory be to the God of favor and breakthrough.

and you were giving up the last minute,, the DEVIL is a liar. I am so happy for you Tavonga

I officially started the HARD times yesterday mixing work school and family. I am a diaspora now the real one, who have no time to even call friends and say hi. did is say friends oh no family back at home lol :cool: i wont that anyway. My classes started yesterday and am so OVERWHELMED hope to stand still on my goals and hit them one by one.

Some of us have 3 or more weeks from now to face the CO. I wonder if any Kenyan has gone for the interview of late. Please tell us what is happening

T.maz can you please share your interview experience? questions asked etc?
Thanks

interview for tmaz

Hi guys this how my interview went or what I can remember of it. To be honest it was comical and not even an interview!

My interview was for 9.30. Arrived at the embassy at 9 and did all the security checks to get in the consulate. At the entrance I asked the security guard "how many others are in side already for their interview?" And I got the shock of my life when he said "you are actually the first nobody else has come yet"
Believe me I was shocked because my plan was to be the last one interviewed and now here I am being the first person!!

Anyway after my fingerprints were scanned I was told to pay $330 and then wait for my name to be called. (Had been told its a first come first serve at the Harare embassy so automatically I was first!

From like nine until ten we just there I think four of us. A lady with a query went before me and spoke to a male co.
Now, my nephew had gone last week for his visa since his dad was a citizen and was now filing for him and he had told me there is this nice extremely happy and friendly lady CO I promise you if she interviews you you will get it.
Here I am now looking at this make officer and when the lady in front of me was done he leaved and I see a female case officer going to the window picking up a headset and calls my name! Yiiippppeeeeee that must be her I said, lol.

Co: hi how are you? You are the lucky winner congratulations! Your life is about to change!

Me: hi thank you very much hahaha

CO: ok just out your left hand on the scanner so I can confirm its you.

Me: ok no prob!

CO: (laughs ) ok it is you my systems has to confirm. Ok can you sign for me over here in the forms you sent to Kentucky. (She laughs again and says) I know it's awkward trying to sign and hold the phone so you can put it down or something (then she laughs again)
Ok now this is just routine while I do admin stuff I will be talking to you. Sorry I know I talk too much hahahaja!

Me: (thinking to myself it's mine!) no worries I am actually really comfortable right now with that

She looks at my file as two weeks ago the embassy called me to submit all my certificates for ore screening.

Co: wow this visa is just for someone like you this is what it was designed for peope like you with and entrepreneurial background ( she was looking at my degree certificate).
Ok while I am typing just tell me what you want to go and do in the states?

co: banking and finance and go to school also

Co: that's super there are plenty of jobs in that sector. Where you going to stay initially and do you know anybody there

Me: oh i have plenty family there all my mums sisters are there! Dallas Texas with my aunt

Co: well I am from San Antonio Texas. Texas is hot very hot but you will like it.
Ok that's about it have a great day!

That's how my interview went if you want to call it an interview coz I thought with the way it went it was more of a social lol!

I officially started the HARD times yesterday mixing work school and family. I am a diaspora now the real one, who have no time to even call friends and say hi. did is say friends oh no family back at home lol :cool: i wont that anyway. My classes started yesterday and am so OVERWHELMED hope to stand still on my goals and hit them one by one.

Congs Makiki, good start. What are you doing in school? How long will it take to complete?

Hi guys this how my interview went or what I can remember of it. To be honest it was comical and not even an interview!

My interview was for 9.30. Arrived at the embassy at 9 and did all the security checks to get in the consulate. At the entrance I asked the security guard "how many others are in side already for their interview?" And I got the shock of my life when he said "you are actually the first nobody else has come yet"
Believe me I was shocked because my plan was to be the last one interviewed and now here I am being the first person!!

Anyway after my fingerprints were scanned I was told to pay $330 and then wait for my name to be called. (Had been told its a first come first serve at the Harare embassy so automatically I was first!

From like nine until ten we just there I think four of us. A lady with a query went before me and spoke to a male co.
Now, my nephew had gone last week for his visa since his dad was a citizen and was now filing for him and he had told me there is this nice extremely happy and friendly lady CO I promise you if she interviews you you will get it.
Here I am now looking at this make officer and when the lady in front of me was done he leaved and I see a female case officer going to the window picking up a headset and calls my name! Yiiippppeeeeee that must be her I said, lol.

Co: hi how are you? You are the lucky winner congratulations! Your life is about to change!

CO: (laughs ) ok it is you my systems has to confirm. Ok can you sign for me over here in the forms you sent to Kentucky. (She laughs again and says) I know it's awkward trying to sign and hold the phone so you can put it down or something (then she laughs again)
Ok now this is just routine while I do admin stuff I will be talking to you. Sorry I know I talk too much hahahaja!

Me: (thinking to myself it's mine!) no worries I am actually really comfortable right now with that

She looks at my file as two weeks ago the embassy called me to submit all my certificates for ore screening.

Co: wow this visa is just for someone like you this is what it was designed for peope like you with and entrepreneurial background ( she was looking at my degree certificate).

Co: that's super there are plenty of jobs in that sector. Where you going to stay initially and do you know anybody there

Me: oh i have plenty family there all my mums sisters are there! Dallas Texas with my aunt

Co: well I am from San Antonio Texas. Texas is hot very hot but you will like it.

That's how my interview went if you want to call it an interview coz I thought with the way it went it was more of a social lol!

congratulations T.Maz and wish u the best in the next steps

Hi house, have been absent for some time, congrats to all who had their interview and safe trip relocating. For those going for their interviews the visas are yours God had do it.

Congratulations,at last you got it,you was in dilemma but God make everything possible,all the best in your new life

Can one still go and attend the interview if his/her medical final results are not yet out/still undergoing treatment? OR if one gets a delay in release of final medical examinations just re-schedules the interview.
Advice

congrats Tmaz!that was an interesting interview

Yes I am sure you can still go. In my case I did my medicals last month early July but when I went to the embassy the doctor had not sent my medicals to the embassy but I was still given the visa while the embassy tries to locate them from the doctor.
My advise though is try and get your medicals in order coz as in my case that is what is hold the stamping of my visa.
And I promise you unless a life or death situation TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE NOT TO RESCHEDULE as you may have to wait a little longer to get another interview slot depending on how busy your embassy is so I personally don't advise rescheduling.

Wow, we should all be interviewed in Harare. Congs Tmaz.